I understand mesmer mains but..

Grand Marshal.4098

Doesn't virtuoso seem to have potential as an offensive boonstrip role in zergs at least? 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PigAEZlVwWZtMVmLOKP2xMA-zVIYRUxXINVAZmCdHBqNA-w

Looks very promising with the range of the 2 psionic skills. Ofc the aoe is not very big, but couple it with the range and positioning, numbers look good.

Was thinking lesser chaos storm on heal may be usefull for aegis and strips, but better keep the signet active and stock blades hense the invuln. Unless if someone goes for either Mimic for more dmg or Null Field for cleanse and strip, tho the spec is glassy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

1. Fire off bladesong, gets reflected back in your face.
  2. Run forward to block or dodge an attack to get unblockable bladesong, die from focused attacks
  3. Actually pull of a block or dodge, fire bladesong. Enemy just casual walks to the side and you miss without them even knowing you fired it off.

The answer is no, it can't.

• Like 15
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Levetty.1279 said:
  1. Fire off bladesong, gets reflected back in your face.
  2. Run forward to block or dodge an attack to get unblockable bladesong, die from focused attacks
  3. Actually pull of a block or dodge, fire bladesong. Enemy just casual walks to the side and you miss without them even knowing you fired it off.

The answer is no, it can't.

thats the thing tho. you dont have to use bladesongs....

F4 through enemy pushes, maintain pressure through GS staff and utilities, a well placed elite can probaby cleave very well.

Sure design failure to not use 3 shatters, but you don't have to....At least this has potential unlike Bladesworn..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

F4 through enemy pushes

Congrats you just died trying to strip boons in melee range.

maintain pressure through GS staff

Not really.

utilities

They just got reflected back into your face.

2 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

a well placed elite can probaby cleave very well.

A well placed elite could probably hit once, maybe twice before they walk out of its narrow aoe since it takes so long to deliver its damage.

• Like 6

Just now, Levetty.1279 said:

Congrats you just died trying to strip boons in melee range.

Not really.

They just got reflected back into your face.

A well placed elite could probably hit once, maybe twice before they walk out of its narrow aoe since it takes so long to deliver its damage.

I get it you are pissed with Virtuoso.

I try to come up with an alternative. Go play minstrel chrono all i care. You contradict yourself.

A block can defend you in a push. Do you play WvW?

The utilities are 1200 range land based aoes nothing to reflect. Elite is unblockable and has good range to strike enemies in choke situations and CC bombs.

The boonstrip is an added effect to your DPS. Will go check the numbers (even in pvp they are high, so Im sure they will be good in wvw too especially post FB nerf).

Everyone complaining but they don't main warrior and play Bladesworn lol. I digress. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 6

I try to come up with an alternative. Go play minstrel chrono all i care. You contradict yourself.

A block can defend you in a push. Do you play WvW?

No need to stamp your feet and start insulting peole because you were proven wrong.

The utilities are 1200 range land based aoes nothing to reflect

If you are having to lie about the build to make it look good then it isn't good.

and has good range to strike enemies in choke situations and CC bombs.

The elite has such a narrow range and takes so long to get its damage out that even PvE mobs walk out of it. I don't know what servers you are playing agianst that are dumber then PvE mobs.

Everyone complaining but they don't main warrior and play Bladesworn lol. I digress. 

11 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Sure design failure to not use 3 shatters, but you don't have to....At least this has potential unlike Bladesworn..

See this is the entire point of the thread. We don't care about bladesworn kitten off. There is an entire Warrior forumn if you want to moan about that, I'd probably agree with some of your points, but don't go rond to other class forums trying to pretend they are better off. At least Bladesworn isn't just Mesmer 0.5.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

how was I insulting?

ok 

as if wvw doesnt comprise massively of unskilled players, go on.

Just mentioned it. Bro take a pill if youre so mad with mesmer I dont care. You think Im here spreading propaganda or whatever. Just don't. 

Had an idea -> response offered no elaboration, thus led to me questioning it -> you go from 0 to 100 with accussations. Touch some grass. Yes now I was being genuinely insulting.

Literally told you what was wrong with the build in every post. You don't care as you are just here to talk about Bladesworn for some reason.

Edited by Levetty.1279
  • Like 5

Just now, Levetty.1279 said:

Literally told you what was wrong with the build in every post. You don't care as youa rejust here to talk about Bladesworn for some reason.

mentioned it once. 🤭

Sorry sir won't do it again in your presence!!!! 

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Most commanders will not even allow you to play as Virtuoso. What you are describing is extremely niche. This could be done with core Mesmer and Virtuoso slightly improves on it.

The issue here is Virtuoso betrays the name "elite spec". In some modes, it's a nerf to core memser, and in some modes it's barely an improvement over taking a 3rd core trait tree.

What a garbage fire, Author sympathized with the Mesmer complaints and offered a valid build and he gets burned. Wow the state of this forum.

I guess no one can enjoy Virtuoso, i will just top dps charts in PVE and zerg in WvW all by myself while I laugh at people saying i don't exist.

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

On 3/2/2022 at 5:03 PM, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Meh wahtever had an idea.

the problem isn't that you had an idea you wanted to share

the problem is we KNOW that it doesn't work, and YOU didn't trust US to know what we already know 

that's why you're getting backlash 

we know the class inside and out and know why, where, and how it flops hard

we're frustrated

making threads to defend garbage isn't going to get sympathy

and to top it off, after we knew all of this, to make the post itself seem like an insult to begin with, you thought you'd of come up with something none of the mesmer mains and build theory crafters would have already seen, or somehow thought it would magically fix all of the issues it has, not to mention, because of the massive other issue here;

assume you were right here: the problem is, it'd still underperform as a spec even in your posts perfect scenario, what, you bring subpar damage, subpar utility, all for what? simply to just exist as a virtuoso in wvw? 

there needs to be some form of cohesion and this spec just falls flat on its face in every single aspect, in every single game mode and scenario that this game has to offer

Edited by Alpha.1308
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Alpha.1308 said:

the problem isn't that you had an idea you wanted to share

the problem is we KNOW that it doesn't work, and YOU didn't trust US to know what we already know 

that's why you're getting backlash 

we know the class inside and out and know why, where, and how it flops hard

we're frustrated

making threads to defend garbage isn't going to get sympathy

and to top it off, after we knew all of this, to make the post itself seem like an insult to begin with, you thought you'd of come up with something none of the mesmer mains and build theory crafters would have already seen, or somehow thought it would magically fix all of the issues it has, not to mention, because of the massive other issue here;

assume you were right here: the problem is, it'd still underperform as a spec even in your posts perfect scenario, what, you bring subpar damage, subpar utility, all for what? simply to just exist as a virtuoso in wvw? 

there needs to be some form of cohesion and this spec just falls flat on its face in every single aspect, in every single game mode and scenario that this game has to offer

"the problem is we KNOW that it doesn't work, and YOU didn't trust US to know what we already know" wow just wow. Just let the man play Virtuoso in WvW. 

If you have nothing good to say about his build don't say it honestly. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 6

Wow the hostility.

In all seriousness though virtuoso is bad in WVW due to the projectiles. In addition , dagger in general has a deficiency in the speed of dagger 3. There isn't any compelling reason to play it over power scourge at the moment even after nerfs to scourge ; if you want to boon rip without gravity well or "infinite target" shield 5 tides of time it is a losing endeavor especially when the bladesong is piercing rather than AOE around mesmer and the target.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Just let the man play Virtuoso in WvW. 

they're free to do whatever they want

just not jump on the forums and act like mesmer mains are in the wrong, and actually expect people to not give feedback on a terrible idea that makes it seem like the devs don't need to address this issue

because yes

the devs addressing the issue is the big thing

they won't, since they couldn't care less or absolutely lack the aptitude to do anything about it 

but still

32 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

If you have nothing good to say about his build don't say it honestly. 

27 minutes ago, Ketharius.9018 said:

clueless individuals like you.

fairly certain it's just a troll

5 seconds ago they tried to say Inspiring Distortion was a good trait on Virtuoso because F4 has a shorter cooldown

like, this isn't even a stance some 60 year old grandma in her rocking chair playing on a controller doing queensdale events could actually believe is relevant to anything at all in existence in the game 

Edited by Alpha.1308
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Alpha.1308 said:

they're free to do whatever they want

just not jump on the forums and act like mesmer mains are in the wrong

fairly certain it's just a troll

5 seconds ago they tried to say Inspiring Distortion was a good trait on Virtuoso because F4 has a shorter cooldown

like, this isn't even a stance some 60 year old grandma in her rocking chair playing on a controller doing queensdale events could actually believe is relevant to anything at all in existence in the game 

It is, boon sharing aegis at a vital point is very nice. I use it all the time for my healer chrono. 

I am also a mesmer main to. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 1

^___Woah a Forum Moderator I haven't see you guys in a while.

If you have any connection be bro tell the balance team to help us out.

Mesmer need some up huge changes that will help us! (Please stop nerfing it make us sad D:)

Edited by psi.9304
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, psi.9304 said:

Mesmer need somes up huges changes that will help us! (Please stop nerfing it make us sad D:)

imagine being as frustrated as we are to get to the level of as rudeness we can get to just to get the devs attention

not that the forum moderators actually even have any say in that, i'm sure

and it's not like i'm denying that i was unnecessarily rude, and i don't blame the mods, but, seriously

maybe something else should be the focus here?????

like, i dunno, fixing this problem before it gets people this aggravated?

i get that not everybody can be happy with balance but please explain anywhere that this is acceptable to anyone other than just "yea it's pretty"

(also ignoring that others like myself find the effects TOO obstructive and too noisy visually)

but that's fine, i'll just keep Well of Precognition on my utility bar, devs, that's okay

i'm sure eventually we'll have faith that things will get better, when they've continued to degrade over the many years 

Edited by Alpha.1308
  • Like 3

On 3/2/2022 at 4:38 PM, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Doesn't virtuoso seem to have potential as an offensive boonstrip role in zergs at least? 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PigAEZlVwWZtMVmLOKP2xMA-zVIYRUxXINVAZmCdHBqNA-w

Looks very promising with the range of the 2 psionic skills. Ofc the aoe is not very big, but couple it with the range and positioning, numbers look good.

Was thinking lesser chaos storm on heal may be usefull for aegis and strips, but better keep the signet active and stock blades hense the invuln. Unless if someone goes for either Mimic for more dmg or Null Field for cleanse and strip, tho the spec is glassy.

i think it would better to focus on damage with some boonstrip, chrono does boonstrip way better anyways

On 3/4/2022 at 10:02 AM, Mell.4873 said:

What a garbage fire, Author sympathized with the Mesmer complaints and offered a valid build and he gets burned. Wow the state of this forum.

I guess no one can enjoy Virtuoso, i will just top dps charts in PVE and zerg in WvW all by myself while I laugh at people saying i don't exist.

The author then continued with "You don't have to use bladesongs". What kind of MENTAL GYMNASTICS is going on here? 

"YoU dOn'T hAvE tO uSe ThE cLaSs MecHaNic". 

Stop.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Obliviscaris.6937 said:

The author then continued with "You don't have to use bladesongs". What kind of MENTAL GYMNASTICS is going on here? 

"YoU dOn'T hAvE tO uSe ThE cLaSs MecHaNic". 

Stop.

Again if you have nothing good to say don't say it. He wanted feedback not an assault on his character. 

I think he just gave up and conceded his point so not exactly denying the class mechanics. 

• Confused 7

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

Again if you have nothing good to say don't say it.

Again, and I mean this in the most respectful way possible, No. I don't know who you think  you are, and if I sound belligerent, it's because I absolutely am. I've been a diehard Mesmer player since 2005. I'm not assaulting anyone's character, I'm assaulting the cognitive dissonance that's pervading this section of the forum spearheaded by people who do not want things to improve, and who are unfortunately okay with mediocre (being generous here) class design.

The narrative you're trying to push is going to only damage chances  of Virtuoso getting the fixes it needs IF by chance the developers decide to stop ignoring the huge amount of feedback provided on the official forums. So no, I'll say what I want within the boundaries  of the code of conduct. 

I'd love to log in and play but it's frankly depressing, because the developers do not care, and despite our (long time veterans) best efforts, people refuse to understand. The toxic positivity is damaging and is enabling bad decisions. 

Screw it, I'll be banned for this post. Whatever. I'm out.

Edited by Obliviscaris.6937
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 8