Jade bot is super underwhelming

The bot is kind of fun to mess around with but other than a couple uses in the story... what is the bot good for?  The drone cam is kind of fun, but also very limited by being next to a console.  I was expecting either another follower, or a way of calling it out when needed.  Is there actually a use for them? 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 1:40 AM, Tekoneiric.6817 said:

Jade bot charges need to accumulate to the wallet like a currency. From there all your characters could share the charges. Having to recharge over and over is horrible. It's be better to farm the charges to the wallet.

To further this, I would have preferred batteries to be a currency that... even if it only drops from specific mobs... can still be farmed if someone wants to and accumulated in the wallet. Then they wouldn't need these ugly green canisters everywhere. And when every class is now seemingly able to press a "gimme max boons" button do we really need a bunch of also ugly proto terminals everywhere? What do they even do? They just give boons right? I mean. why not just have a way to interact with your jade bot, even if it's some setting you pick via an instruction manual in the inventory, to just give yourself offensive or defensive boons at consistent intervals? 

I don't really understand why the workbench is necessary either? I mean you can put the core in anywhere you want, but for some reason we have to go to very specific places on the map to find a workbench to put something in the same ui window? I guess that's less of a convenience if you put one in your guild hall so you can access it from anywhere anytime (unless the guild hall decoration isn't a functional workbench?)..

• Like 4

Many of the bot upgrades is fairly underwhelming. 

Like the skiff speedboost. Why is it there? The skiff is already difficult to turn or brake at full speed, and you want it fot fishing, not to move around where the skimmer is the superior choice.

The siege turtle improvement. Sure +20% damage sounds like a lot, but when you only got five shots and needing to run to accumulate more, it begins to seem underwhelming. Especially if your rider goes all oooooh about the new toy and blows the shots at random before hopping off again.

• Like 1

I like the idea of the jade bot. But I'm not fully liking some of the implementations.

It's buffs like the glider updraft and skiff boost are neat ideas and enhance those abilities without feeling incredibly overpowered. The revive, when I unlock it, is going to be quite powerful. 

The bot control mode should have been a mastery ability from that new menu the fishing and skiff goes. Could have been activated to enter small areas that the player couldn't access, solve puzzles and find loot or something. 

The battery storage though, ehhh. Could have done without it tbh. All of Cantha is now littered with batteries. I would have made it a recharging ability and the masteries stack multiple charges.

And the bot upgrades, make them account wide and upgradable anywhere, not just a station. Seems unnecessarily restrictive to me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Reborn.1738 said:

The battery storage though, ehhh. Could have done without it tbh. All of Cantha is now littered with batteries. I would have made it a recharging ability and the masteries stack multiple charges.

Yes, seeing batteries everywhere is ugly. It's just so ugly. They are everywhere.

• Like 3

theres already way too much visual noise in the game, adding another follower would be real bad. if thats so important why not make all the mounts follow players when not ridden;) u can in fact see the bot appearing when it finds something if u have the correct modules. that works on other maps outside of cantha too. which brings me to the second point - ppl claiming the bots are useless outside of cantha. masteries do work, rescue protocol, glider boost, mount boost, scavenger, tresure hunter, all work outside of cantha. only thing u loose are offensive/defensive protocols, which the content in cantha is designed around. outside of cantha they would add to the power creep, and thats mega bad. ice brood saga buffs work the same way - allowing them outside of maps designed with them in mind would explode the power creep elsewhere

On 3/3/2022 at 11:39 PM, rune.9572 said:

Idk, I was kinda hoping we will get an actual follower companion that we could take control over and do stuff with. Instead we just got a gimmick gathering tool with some extra passives. Also was hoping for a third person mode and more ability to free fly, but seems like this was also just a gimmick created for whole 2 story instances. With skins and everything to let us make it look fabulous. Instead we got... yeah, that. What a waste.

I totally disagree with you in some points, i wouldnt like to see x1000 jade bots running arounds, neither i want to be in the crystal desert with a bot runing all experience. Could be improved in QoL but not in those stuff really.

On 3/6/2022 at 3:53 PM, Redfeather.6401 said:

Yes, seeing batteries everywhere is ugly. It's just so ugly. They are everywhere.

All the Jade Tech interactables look awful. They look bad in every map but it's the worst in Echovald. They completely ruin the sense of it being a brooding wilderness. Who installed ziplines all over the place? Someone lost a 80 kg battery halfway up a mountain side? Come again? With things like the caches in PoF, at least it was discreet and somewhat believable that someone could have lost a chest of personal belongings. Same goes for the tunnels in HoT, contextualized as dug by the locals, or the airship canisters which had literally fallen from the sky. But a working battery on the fourth floor of a crumbling ruin? How did that happen?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I think the jade bot is actualy one of the more usefull mastery tracks, on the same level as united legions and season 4 one. It improves gliding, gives you one free rally from downed state and if you set up a personal wp, its basicly, a revive orb. It also converts trash into trophies. Thats not even mentioning the buffs, chests and turrets. What else do you want?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well, for one thing, considering that it's only useable in open world PvE, and thus not giving any player and advantage over others, they could increase the number of equipment slots with the core installed. Because right now the ROI on a core is ridiculous compared to the material I put in for the upgrades.

Additionally with the modules, as useful as some of them may be, I need a station to change them. A station that is unavailable outside of Cantha, unless I put it in the guild hall, in which case I have to switch from my current map in Tyria to the guild hall, losing all buffs, potentially losing my spot in a crowded meta map, just because I forgot to change to the module I wanted beforehand. And I can only change it if I have it in my inventory even. They could have made that account-wide once unlocked.

I agree that the buff functionality could have been integrated into the bot itself, perhaps using a battery currency. Right now, it feels like the season 3 masteries all over again: You get a fancy new gimmick, and you can use it in one map, perhaps two (alright, this time it's 4, because it's an entire expansion), and that's it.

• Thanks 2

On 3/4/2022 at 2:02 AM, Angelissa.8409 said:

At the very least the batteries should

• Persist their charges through maps/instances (maybe leave story instances out of this because of balancing reasons)
  • Waypoints should persist forever, until you replace them. Maybe it's a bug, but mine disappears frequently (on logging out?)
  • Increase the amount of battery charges hold and gained to 8-4 instead of 4-2.

I think on logging out makes sense. 

They could/should remain on map change though. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 7:07 PM, Hannelore.8153 said:

Btw, for 6g and 300 research nodes you can add a workbench to any guild hall for your alts.

Please make this accessible also from the Guild Initiative Headquarters in LA so those without a guild hall can still access it.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, civokenes.3284 said:

I think the jade bot is actualy one of the more usefull mastery tracks, on the same level as united legions and season 4 one. It improves gliding, gives you one free rally from downed state and if you set up a personal wp, its basicly, a revive orb. It also converts trash into trophies. Thats not even mentioning the buffs, chests and turrets. What else do you want?

My problem with the jade bot masteries (and generally the jade bot) is how they feel like a bunch of assorted "numbers go up" features. Sure, they're individually useful but they don't make a cohesive whole. Why does the Jade Bot improve my raptor's recuperation? Does it come with a raptor-sized treadmill? Is it giving my raptor peptalks? Jade Tech could have just been a couple new equipment slots where you can put various jade tech items that grant you specific abilities and this mismash of features would have made more sense because they didn't have to make the same sense. It's just technology as magic.

You want a free Rally? Equip the Remote Resuscitation Device*!

(* includes 3 mo. subscription without charge, then 4g99/mo.)

You want a personal waypoint? Equip the Personal Remateralization Apparatus*!

(* Xunlai are not responsible for personal failure to properly operate device.)

HoT and PoF introduced features that fundamentally changed how the entire game functioned and that I use every single time I log in. Jade Tech could have been that, too, if it had been backpatched into older content organically as lower-grade items. The technology is now out there, available to average Tyrians. Remember, the level 10 Remote Resuscitation Device works... sometimes*. (* pleasereadterms&conditions.)

• Haha 1