Dragon's End Meta is making us hate the game, playerbase and turtle.

Lol yesterday I did the meta the first map, didn't even want to make it just exploring etc and running around. Anyway, it became a serious thing we did the meta and I finished it. The first time lol.

What tells me this; I should not read this forum, hence I have a lot of fun with Vindicator and the meta is not such a big thing? But then maybe be cause the game was out more than a week and with a bit luck, Don't know.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, ProtoGunner.4953 said:

Lol yesterday I did the meta the first map, didn't even want to make it just exploring etc and running around. Anyway, it became a serious thing we did the meta and I finished it. The first time lol.

What tells me this; I should not read this forum, hence I have a lot of fun with Vindicator and the meta is not such a big thing? But then maybe be cause the game was out more than a week and with a bit luck, Don't know.

This forum is plagued of drama, unnecesary topics about how difficult or bad everything is (even fishing xD). But its good that you come along and give your opinion! 😄

PD: I did it on my 3rd try (and first two attemps were kinda exploring and with randoms)

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

Just now, Izzy.2951 said:

Cant you just wait till March 15 to get it? i mean, i found it surprising that you did 10 times but even if its the case just wait lol. 

In the case of the March 15th build adding the NPC; I'm assuming the item needed is actually the Writ of Dragon's End, which still needs to be farmed for the egg. The best method is doing the Dragon's End map meta from start to finish getting as many events as possible to rack them up. It only makes sense to help attempt the final boss fight to see if it succeeds - always a chance while we wait.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Izzy.2951 said:

Cant you just wait till March 15 to get it? i mean, i found it surprising that you did 10 times but even if its the case just wait lol. 

Wait for what? What's happenin on March 15? Idk if it's surprising. I met ppl who have 20/20 fails lol. 10 tries are just 20 hours. I did that in 2 days. Basically that's all i do. I login at xx:30 to get into meta earlier and find a map. Play for 1.5hours for 1 meta. And then log out and take a break for 30mins. And repeat. You can get 10 tries in 2 days or even less. But anyway.. it's terrible. You're literally wasting so much time for no rewards. You would think that 2 days of hardcore trying would be enough. Sadly it's not. I think i'll cut it to like 3-4 tries a day. I can't keep doing it 6 times/day anymore lol..

Edited by Dave.6819
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Caitybee.3614 said:

In the case of the March 15th build adding the NPC; I'm assuming the item needed is actually the Writ of Dragon's End, which still needs to be farmed for the egg. The best method is doing the Dragon's End map meta from start to finish getting as many events as possible to rack them up. It only makes sense to help attempt the final boss fight to see if it succeeds - always a chance while we wait.

If he did the event x10 times he has more than x200 Writ of Dragons End, pretty sure lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dave.6819 said:

Wait for what? What's happenin on March 15? Idk if it's surprising. I met ppl who have 20/20 fails lol.

They are adding a vendor on march 15h update to buy the egg  for 200 writs (that are supposed to be the dragons end writs)

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Izzy.2951 said:

They are adding a vendor on march 15h update to buy the egg  for 200 writs (that are supposed to be the dragons end writs)

Well... for some people it's good i guess. But i'm doin this event for achievements, not rly for the turtle. So i guess i'll have to keep doing it. Already did it 2 times more today. Again 2 fails... one was very close 9%.. And yeah i'll be able to buy the turtle but doesn't solve the achievement part for me.

Sadly atmosphere in the game is getting worse and worse. People are just tired of it and still keep doing it (like i do). Lots of ppl are salty and just going crazy over it already..

Edited by Dave.6819
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

On 3/8/2022 at 11:10 AM, Drakth.1875 said:

Some people dont have 3+ hours to "organize" the event, not everyone is all day playing, some people only play a few hours a day, with this meta for those people being pretty much all they do, only fail, multiple times.

I'm one of those people. Try to do well, do third party research, pull my weight and never get downed but.. I'm gonna have to get the turtle through the writs, I guess. Not only does it take a long time, but graceless fails are pretty soul crushing. Map I was in mucked up the 5-crystal phase right before the boss, then the map says haha, you have 1 minute to GTFO, bye loser. I don't know. I've already been on Soo-Won enough (at least 10 times, probably more but I stopped counting to keep motivated), it's a huge waste of time and the game is more inclined to say F-you than hey, you were so close at 7% - give it another try! Rather it's, spend another 2 hours you don't have, or hope you get into a progressed map - but that one very likely doesn't stand a chance. I don't raid because I don't have the time. Yet, somehow I've done countless endgame map metas without needing to beg a raid group prior to ED.

Sure, I could burn more time getting into a more organized party but I've never had to do that for a map meta in ten years. The long established content difficulty hierarchy has been fairly destabilized in the name of finale epic-ness, I suppose.

This is the first open world event, and expansion where I feel like my time isn't respected, unfortunately.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Wraith.3524 said:

I'm one of those people. Try to do well, do third party research, pull my weight and never get downed but.. I'm gonna have to get the turtle through the writs, I guess. Not only does it take a long time, but graceless fails are pretty soul crushing. Map I was in mucked up the 5-crystal phase right before the boss, then the map says haha, you have 1 minute to GTFO, bye loser. I don't know. I've already been on Soo-Won enough (at least 10 times, probably more but I stopped counting to keep motivated), it's a huge waste of time and the game is more inclined to say F-you than hey, you were so close at 7% - give it another try! Rather it's, spend another 2 hours you don't have, or hope you get into a progressed map - but that one very likely doesn't stand a chance. I don't raid because I don't have the time. Yet, somehow I've done countless endgame map metas without needing to beg a raid group prior to ED.

Sure, I could burn more time getting into a more organized party but I've never had to do that for a map meta in ten years. The long established content difficulty hierarchy has been fairly destabilized in the name of finale epic-ness, I suppose.

This is the first open world event, and expansion where I feel like my time isn't respected, unfortunately.

I just found out they will make a change, so in a few days they egg will be available in a vendor.

• Like 2

Atlast.... we did it. 😅 Such a relief..

Fun fact: right after we managed to complete it, like maybe after 2 minutes i had a power outage. If that power outage would've happened 2-3mins earlier.. oh boy i would've gone insane. 🤣

Edited by Dave.6819
  • Like 1

Simple fix for the Dragons End meta,  add about 3-5mins to the timer, there meta is fixed all should be happy., is that so hard to do Anet? Anyway I read that Tues. it will no longer be required for the turtle and you will need about 200 writs from Dragons End?

Now I'm just bored of it and with little patience does not make a fun event to aquire the turtle 🤣 With that said, after I get what few mastery points I have left in Dragons End I probably will not return anymore, not really liking the meta. Sorry Anet.

• Confused 1

On 3/11/2022 at 8:00 AM, Tony.8659 said:

Simple fix for the Dragons End meta,  add about 3-5mins to the timer, there meta is fixed all should be happy., is that so hard to do Anet? Anyway I read that Tues. it will no longer be required for the turtle and you will need about 200 writs from Dragons End?

Now I'm just bored of it and with little patience does not make a fun event to aquire the turtle 🤣 With that said, after I get what few mastery points I have left in Dragons End I probably will not return anymore, not really liking the meta. Sorry Anet.

I think the actual meta is very fun even though i had to go through so much hours to complete it. But overall meta is very nice. It needs to become something like Dragons Stand or Dragonfall. You invest alot of time 1.5-2hours but you must get rewarded properly. Now not only rewards are terrible but there's a 95% chance of failing it. I would add good rewards after doing preparations. And then good rewards after killing the actual dragon (similar like Drizzlewood. meta of 2 parts and 2 parts have rewards). And chance of fail should go down to like 30-40%. So people will still have to play smart but it won't become a totally free event where people can just afk. I'd say Drakkar is a good measure of how likely it is to fail. If lots of people get in and don't slack on DPS then Drakkar will never fail. But if ppl slack and afk and don't CC or use portals it can fail easily. If you actually do Drakkar how it's supposed to be done (no portals, no waypoint CC) it has a healthy % of fail, you can't keep slacking.

Personally i'll come back to that map only when rewards will be worthwile and it will have similar chance of failing like Drakkar. For now it's really not worth investing your time. But it is a fun meta for sure, i'd say one of the best ones there is. Drizzlewood was very painful i hated it. Even though it has nice rewards personally it just wasn't fun for me and took alot of time. DE meta is fun and those 1.5-2hours pass by very quickly. It has potential to be the best meta and people will want to come back once rewards and difficulty will be changed.

Edited by Dave.6819