Dragon's End Meta is making us hate the game, playerbase and turtle.

2 hours ago, RoastedWalnuts.4618 said:

How did the Idea to lock the MAIN selling point of the expansion behind an event that takes HOURS to attempt and requires 50 RANDOM players to all be good at the game and coordinated make it through to the final product? If you wanted to make the turtle challenging to get lock it behind a strike or some form of instanced content so people can have control over who they are playing with, spending hours on an attempt only for it to be thwarted by other players you can't control is downright miserable and making everyone I know hate the meta and form a sour taste for the whole expansion don't ruin your best product to date with stupid decisions like this.

Not to mention if you are insistent on locking it behind Dragon's End at least remove the RNG from the final fight the amount of times I've been in an attempt only for the boss to just not stop moving is insane. Put her movements on a locked rotation it feels terrible to get so far only for the boss to go "lol no" and just keep moving while invulnerable while the timer ticks down to a fail.

And before all the "Get gud" BS this is coming from 35k AP, full raid and CM completion player. IT IS ENTIRELY OK FOR IT TO BE HARD just don't make my progress reliant on randoms if you are going to do so.

Yes!!! All of this right here.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, RoastedWalnuts.4618 said:

the MAIN selling point of the expansion

I generally agree with your sentiment, but not this specific part.

It's but one of several potential selling points, there is no main selling point. The biggest reason to buy the expansion differs from player to player.

For me, seeing the story to the end was a far bigger point than the jade trash reptile.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

Just now, Fueki.4753 said:

It's one of several potential selling points, but there is no main selling point. The biggest reason to buy the expansion different from player to player.

For me, seeing the story to the end was a far bigger point than the jade trash reptile.

But it was, thats not even a opinion, its a fact...its like HoT locking Glider behind Gerent meta or PoF locking Raptor behind Serpent Ire.

Turtle was one of the main selling points, if that wasnt the case, they should had done like the Griffon and keep it a secret from the playerbase and not use it on every advertisement.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, RoastedWalnuts.4618 said:

How did the Idea to lock the MAIN selling point of the expansion behind an event that takes HOURS to attempt and requires 50 RANDOM players to all be good at the game and coordinated make it through to the final product? If you wanted to make the turtle challenging to get lock it behind a strike or some form of instanced content so people can have control over who they are playing with, spending hours on an attempt only for it to be thwarted by other players you can't control is downright miserable and making everyone I know hate the meta and form a sour taste for the whole expansion don't ruin your best product to date with stupid decisions like this.

Not to mention if you are insistent on locking it behind Dragon's End at least remove the RNG from the final fight the amount of times I've been in an attempt only for the boss to just not stop moving is insane. Put her movements on a locked rotation it feels terrible to get so far only for the boss to go "lol no" and just keep moving while invulnerable while the timer ticks down to a fail.

And before all the "Get gud" BS this is coming from 35k AP, full raid and CM completion player. IT IS ENTIRELY OK FOR IT TO BE HARD just don't make my progress reliant on randoms if you are going to do so.

I personally do not hate the game simply from 1 hard meta, however I do see the frustration and it is a shame when you prepare ahead of time, get everything right, and still have a good chance of failing. It's a beautifully designed boss, and I really do love the mechanics of the fight. I've only fought Soo-Won 3 times now, but I got better at it with each run. Something does need to be fixed to help boost the number of successful runs, even if it's only 10 mins to the timer.

As for people saying "I'm never coming back"; the meta itself is a lot of fun so I'll definitely return even after I get the egg eventually, but I can understand their frustration also, and this should be an eye-opener for Anet. Since time and time again, once people complete a specific task in a map, they leave and rarely go back as I mentioned on a different topic.

Edited by Caitybee.3614
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Felipe.1807 said:

Turtle was one of the main selling points,

Yes, it was one of the main selling points, alongside with all the other masteries, the story and the elite specialization. However, it's not the single main selling point.

That's the point I made.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

39 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Yes, it was one of, the main selling points, alongside with all the other masteries, the story and the elite specialization. However, it's not the single main selling point.

That's the point I made.

Selling point is an under statement.  We all actually paid real world money for the xpac which included a siege turtle that was highly promoted and we even beta tested it.  Now its going to be going on a week after release that I still dont have access to a item I paid for.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

just did 10th failed attempt today within 20ish hours. my eyes hurt, my wrists is in pain, and still i got almost nothing out of it.

Let's be real, learning this boss encounter is not hard, learning it with 50 ever changing random person is. 

it takes around 100-120mins to finish 1 attempt. Not including map-hopping to find a proper fresh map at the beginning.

And some people want to stick to progress in next attempt, some of them simply have it enough, so we need to change for another person, which may or may not have experience in this encounter, thus the fail-cycle keep looping.  One attempt we fail to break the cc bar, and on the next attempt we break the cc bar but failing on wisp phase, we finally did those two, but then fail in the other mechanic. We can not hope to progress if we don't have any control of the variable of progression itself; the player.

it's so demoralizing to keep teaching and failed and teaching and failed again.

and the best part of it, when an attempt failed, map chat goes frenzy with league of legend-level of trash-talk.

Good God, what have you done to this game ArenaNet ?

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Nate.8146 said:

Just logged in and took a look at the LFG today... https://imgur.com/CuNvuDt

Personally I don't care about the turtle since it is a multiplayer mount; but I can understand the frustration. Hopefully both sides (Anet and players) will find peace.

I saw that last night as well around 3am after I did my 3rd failed run. Someone made a group to boycott the meta, seems it's still going on.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Its always good customer service to annoy the people you want more money from.  Excellent strategy! 

The thing that is most disappointing, is that the talk about the final meta isn't about how 'fun' it is.  'Fun' is what I paid my money for.  'Fun' is not what I got.  I got a tedious lightshow with a trinket I'd like to have tied behind its success.   I'd say that was the bigger swing and miss from Anet in an otherwise mostly enjoyable expansion. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

It's but one of several potential selling points, there is no main selling point. The biggest reason to buy the expansion differs from player to player.

Tbh it was one of the most focused one.
Even over Elites which honestly is not a major seller when 2 others better expansions offer more viabilities...
And Story, the story of HoT was 10x better in my book than EoD which was just Drama (kind of like what is happening now; but in-game lore is petty drama).

HoT Storyline at least was sequential, while since PoF you go here to come back there to go back to the first point and go to the next to come back again. (EoD is not different because how many times do you have to go back and forth back to Shing Jea, or NKC from another map and go back there?!)

If you are confused, you have the exact reaction for this trope.

Edited by KurokouNekoki.7891
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, KurokouNekoki.7891 said:

Tbh it was one of the most focused one.
Even over Elites which honestly is not a major seller when 2 others better expansions offer more viabilities...
And Story, the story of HoT was 10x better in my book than EoD which was just Drama (kind of like what is happening now; but in-game lore is petty drama).

HoT Storyline at least was sequential, while since PoF you go here to come back there to go back to the first point and go to the next to come back again. (EoD is not different because how many times do you have to go back and forth back to Shing Jea, or NKC from another map and go back there?!)

If you are confused, you have the exact reaction for this trope.

However, we didn't know that the story would turn out that way beforehand. And it was pretty decent in comparison to what the Grindflood Saga ended up being, so at least it's a step up.

And that doesn't change that I (and presumably others) was looking forward to it more than any of the jade trash (including the turtle).

15 hours ago, Caitybee.3614 said:

I personally do not hate the game simply from 1 hard meta, however I do see the frustration and it is a shame when you prepare ahead of time, get everything right, and still have a good chance of failing. It's a beautifully designed boss, and I really do love the mechanics of the fight. I've only fought Soo-Won 3 times now, but I got better at it with each run. Something does need to be fixed to help boost the number of successful runs, even if it's only 10 mins to the timer.

As for people saying "I'm never coming back"; the meta itself is a lot of fun so I'll definitely return even after I get the egg eventually, but I can understand their frustration also, and this should be an eye-opener for Anet. Since time and time again, once people complete a specific task in a map, they leave and rarely go back as I mentioned on a different topic.

I was one of the " im never going back " people. But i can honestly say after the frustration and hopelesness falls away with that sweet first victory, i found mysepf grabbing some friends and doing it again. I didnt care if we lost at that point the frustration just wasnt there anymore.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

20 hours ago, Lottie.5370 said:

There are already like 20 of these posts, I don't think you needed to make another one.

Why? If there is so many posts than its clearly a massive issue and important for them to realize what a stupid decision this was. Everybody needs to keep posting about this until they at least at the MINIMUM remove the RNG from the final fight.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1