Bladesworn is painful (PvE)

Zekent.3652

Bladesworn is probably the harderst spec in this game at the momment, the main damage is hard to land against bosses that moves a lot, who even had the idea to put a self-root cast on a melee class to land their damage? I'll just keep playing berserker, probably 7 more years of berserker, because spellbreaker is on a sad state on pve.

It's painful to loose such a big chunk of damage because of CC chain boss, big mobility boss, phasing (invul), weakness, etc. Which is not the case of berserker, your big chunk of damage doesnt comes from a single hit only, if you fail 1 F1, you won't loose a massive part of your dps, not as hard punished like BSw.

Edited by Zizekent.2398
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

The  only place I can see Bladesworn being strong is W3 Keep Construct raid , really. The new zones and strikes with AoE everywhere are just an absolute nightmare to play Bladesworn in.
In every other situation you would rather just hit with Decapitate and/or Arc Divider (cleave).

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

The  only place I can see Bladesworn being strong is W3 Keep Construct raid , really. The new zones and strikes with AoE everywhere are just an absolute nightmare to play Bladesworn in.
In every other situation you would rather just hit with Decapitate and/or Arc Divider (cleave).

That and the fights where a boss may port/leap around in EoD kind of blow as a BSW due to lack of good mobility, especially if you go into DT and are charging when a target moves.

Took the new GH with my guild yesterday. One of the fights had the target leaping around. Blew the mediocre teleports to get close enough for the ranged DS in one case. In another I just waited in DT for him to come back.

So my overall take on BSW is that it is too high effort for mediocre performance because of the following reasons:
None Dragon Slash damage is way too low.
None Dragon Slash CDs are way too long, even with Tactical Reload
None DS - Boost mobility is too short
Flow Stabilizer is pretty much required to even use DT in a timely manner.

To rectify all that:
Gunsaber needs a 25% damage increase and a decrease in CDs by 25%.
Flickerstep needs more range on it (600 at least). Breakstep needs more range on it (900).
Tactical Reload should fire a large shot at the target, not unlike Prime Light Beam sans the CC, and reload 1 ammo on all Gunsaber skills. This is to remove degenerate gameplay.
Flow needs to be capped at 30 not 100. DS coefficients per charge level should remain as they are.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zerialkiller.9718 said:

Bladesworn for me is super fun, I like the idea of being more tactical with satisfying big numbers, I have 0 problems with Bladesworn. I think you just need to play with it and learn how to make it eight for you. 

Don't get me wrong, i'm having fun with BS aswel, it's just that bosses with a lot of phases and that moves a lot aswel, are just difficult for bladesworns.

34 minutes ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Don't get me wrong, i'm having fun with BS aswel, it's just that bosses with a lot of phases and that moves a lot aswel, are just difficult for bladesworns.

I've done perfectly fine on multiple raid and strike bosses. FYI, you are losing a lot of DPS on power Berserker when the boss moves too. Every second you are not hitting the boss is Berserk uptime wasted. 

• Like 1

Finished story on power spellbreaker and half way with condi cele tempst didnt like both new specs yet but condi cele willbender work like a charm.

Feels that bladesworn is not working as anet intent hope fixes will come.

Edited by voodoo.7412

people who might be frtustrated is comparing Bladesworn as a replacement for Berserker. but bladesworn is not a replacement in as much as those other meta classes in PoF. It is an added layer of flavor because we all know, core warrior is already complete spec by itself. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Well, it's a RP spec. It allow some players to identify themself to whatever anime character that wield a big sword and unsheath it's sword at untold speed to cut down it's foes. If there are peoples that like to RP as inflated ugly lich there is definitely a market for the cool sword draw anime character.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Well, it's a RP spec. It allow some players to identify themself to whatever anime character that wield a big sword and unsheath it's sword at untold speed to cut down it's foes. If there are peoples that like to RP as inflated ugly lich there is definitely a market for the cool sword draw anime character.

Somebody in the Dev Team was like "Hey we can make the warrior like Rurouni Kenshin! 

Now we have a bunch of Battosai in downstate. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1