Eod Strikes already garbaged

All LFM(look for member) with requirments.

The LFG, guys with hours there without nobody pick them.

EoD Strikes are almost wayyyyyy longer than IBS.

I liked Vindicator, but it seems low DPS, by the amount of talk of nerds on pvp/pve foruns, the spec will be suppport. 

Theres no "play as u want in Gw2". The sum of elitist + nerd ideas, tend to make metas build almost bizarre hybrids, i dont want be a "support greatsworder".

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 22
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, wayneericgouin.9371 said:

Never used to be that way. Originally this game was touted as an mmo where your skill mattered not the build. But as usual the minority of the player base decided they didn't want that so here we are approaching another wow clone

It's cos the original game failed miserably. New staff have come and go over the years, all trying to push things in a new marketing-buzzword-driven direction. It's not the playerbase, it's the management.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 16
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

I liked Vindicator, but it seems low DPS, by the amount of talk of nerds on pvp/pve foruns, the spec will be suppport. 

Theres no "play as u want in Gw2". The sum of elitist + nerd ideas, tend to make metas build almost bizarre hybrids, i dont want be a "support greatsworder".

Why don’t you make your own group? Some have requirements others don’t. I see a lot of “everyone welcome” and “chill run” in the LFG. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, LSD.4673 said:

It's cos the original game failed miserably. New staff have come and go over the years, all trying to push things in a new marketing-buzzword-driven direction. It's not the playerbase, it's the management.

Its also the playerbase. Interactions are two-way.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, wayneericgouin.9371 said:

Never used to be that way. Originally this game was touted as an mmo where your skill mattered not the build. But as usual the minority of the player base decided they didn't want that so here we are approaching another wow clone

If you think this game is a WoW-clone you're simply not playing attention.

WoW raids are progression raids and need to be tackled in a specific order. The gear from one raid allows you to do the next raid. In WOW you can outgear content and go back and easily do older content.  It really doesn't happen here, certainly not to the same degree.  

In Guild Wars 2 the level cap never increases, your gear cap never increases.  This game has active dodging and active combat, which WOW doesn't have.  The mounts in this game are hands above the mounts in WoW.  WoW doesn't have anything like WvW.

The truth of the matter is, this game is so far away from WoW than many WoW players who come here have trouble wrapping their heads around it.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

If you think this game is a WoW-clone you're simply not playing attention.

WoW raids are progression raids and need to be tackled in a specific order. The gear from one raid allows you to do the next raid. In WOW you can outgear content and go back and easily do older content.  It really doesn't happen here, certainly not to the same degree.  

In Guild Wars 2 the level cap never increases, your gear cap never increases.  This game has active dodging and active combat, which WOW doesn't have.  The mounts in this game are hands above the mounts in WoW.  WoW doesn't have anything like WvW.

The truth of the matter is, this game is so far away from WoW than many WoW players who come here have trouble wrapping their heads around it.

oh raids, not "strikes".

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

56 minutes ago, Zacchary.6183 said:

Its also the playerbase. Interactions are two-way.

Rewind over the past decade and find me even a handful of two-way interactions between dev and player. They interact more with nobody streamers.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, LSD.4673 said:

Rewind over the past decade and find me even a handful of two-way interactions between dev and player. They interact more with nobody streamers.

You're twisting my point. This whole mess we're in is due to miscommunication and toxicity between the devs and the playerbase. Anet listens to the playerbase far more than any MMO I have ever seen, and no matter what happens there are always players who have something to kitten about. About 80% of all parts of every elite specs have had their designs based off ideas posted by players. Raids exist because raiders wanted raids. Strikes exist because players wanted to get into raids without having to put up with the toxicity from some raiders. The elite specs of EoD were based off of player-submitted ideas and designed in a way that it fulfilled the role bloat a large portion of the community wanted.

They interact with the community almost daily, but they are not openly interacting with the community because it is kittening toxic. Thank god I don't have their job because knowing my mouth vs toxic players, I would get fired within an hour of clocking in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

I mean if I'm running one of the harder, raid like strikes. I will ask for roles, but not much more else. But this is going on pre-EoD strikes.

Waiting around usually takes longer than setting up your own squad. As long as you are aware what you need in the squad comp. Create your own squad/lfg.

• Like 4

The vindicator doesn't have a dps that is too low for strikes. It can reach 36k on large hitbox, 34 on small which is equivalent to soulbeast.

People are expecting you to know the mechs and your rotation. Do you know your rotation ? If you don't learn it, then come back to one of those groups and say that you know mechs and stuff, most will give you a chance.

I ask for requirement, but if someone come in and just ping the right gear for the role they play, they can get in. 

• Like 6

Yesterday i tried doing Harvest Temple, started group named (First time harvest tample), in less than a minute group was full, no one asked for anything, we wiped few times, few ppl rotated, few ppl stayed, no one was angry etc. it all went rather good with no flaming at each other and rather chill atmosphere.

• Like 12

so? Make your own....people can request what they want in their LFG....

5 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

thank God, cause most IBS strikes can be completed with auto attacking while afk.

I liked Vindicator, but it seems low DPS

it's fine DPS, as long as you can play it well.

so? Make your own groups instead of trying to join those of "elitist+nerds" and don't try to force yourself in there.

Also people asking for kp doesn't make them Elitist or nerds lol....

• Like 7
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, wayneericgouin.9371 said:

No. While, sure, loud minorities pulling the game in the directions they wanted are a thing (and not a small one), the main culprit here is how that original claim clashed with the (present from the very beginning) freestyle build and gear system. Build always mattered, it just took players some time to notice that. And dps meters for majority to notice how massive the differences were.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

No. While, sure, loud minorities pulling the game in the directions they wanted are a thing (and not a small one), the main culprit here is how that original claim clashed with the (present from the very beginning) freestyle build and gear system. Build always mattered, it just took players some time to notice that. And dps meters for majority to notice how massive the differences were.

Exactly.

Builds mattered from day 1. "Player skill" in this cases extends to understanding the games mechanics and playing appropriately.

• Like 10
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

So what? are they wrong?

Uhh... unless youre playing in like 02:00 AM it doesn't need to wait more than 5 minutes for a full group

Problem? All of EoD strikes are amazingly fun

Uhhhh... here's a 37k Power DPS on Large Hitboxes (a lot of EoD Strike Bosses): 

https://snowcrows.com/builds/revenant/vindicator/power-vindicator

Its still play as you want. Maybe not in CM Raids or CM Fractals, but is like it everywhere else. Wanna play Celes power Vindi? Go on, DPS will drop a bit but so what? Still better than being a full zerker and dying during the encounter (just an example)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

"Player skill" in this cases extends to understanding the games mechanics and playing appropriately.

Oh, you know that it isn't as clearcut as this. In reality, most of the players utilizing meta builds have no real understanding of them. Sure, they know how to use them, but that's not something they learned by "understanding of game mechanics", but by reading it from a third-party site somewhere. Sure, reading is a skill. So is "google-fu". I'm not so sure however if this is the kind of skill Anet had in mind then.

Regardless, the sad truth is that the saying "bring the player, not the build" they used to mention a lot originally was never true. Player skill still matters, but so does the build. And for most players build is far more important, because it is far easier to get away with lower skill, than with worse build.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

11 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Oh, you know that it isn't as clearcut as this. In reality, most of the players utilizing meta builds have no real understanding of them. Sure, they know how to use them, but that's not something they learned by "understanding of game mechanics", but by reading it from a third-party site somewhere. Sure, reading is a skill. So is "google-fu". I'm not so sure however if this is the kind of skill Anet had in mind then.

No argument there from me. At least the players running builds from others, for which ever situation they might be custom built for, understood that they were better off using someone else's work and ideally acquiring a basic understanding of how to operate that build or they took ideas and altered their own build with the new understanding.

Simply put: someone had to invest his understanding into creating the build which many now use.

It's like operating and developing/constructing a car. First you have to develop and construct the car, then you get to actually learn how to drive it. In this case, the car is the class build and the specific purpose it was created for. After which player have to invest time into learning how to operate the build/car.

Meanwhile, a vast majority of this player base is still trying to figure out what a wheel is, being miles off from actually developing and constructing the car (or think of it rather as a car with square cement tires, no engine, 0 doors and 2 trunks on each side. No aim, no purpose and absolutely no understanding of what this thing is supposed to do or how it has to be built). No point in becoming proficient yet, the foundation is already flawed.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

It's like operating and developing/constructing a car. First you have to develop and construct the car, then you get to actually learn how to drive it. In this case, the car is the class build and the specific purpose it was created for. After which player have to invest time into learning how to operate the build/car.

Unfortunately it is exactly that. Anet does not expect ypou to just know how to drive. They expect you to know how to build your car first. Sure, in here you can do that using blueprints/guildes from other people, but you are still expected to build your kitten car. Your driving skill is far second to that.

I don't think that helps a lot when the idea is to teach people driving.

In the end i think it would have been better if the whole car construction thing was scrapped, and everyone could just pick from a selection of few fully functional cars.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Unfortunately it is exactly that. Anet does not expect ypou to just know how to drive. They expect you to know how to build your car first. Sure, in here you can do that using blueprints/guildes from other people, but you are still expected to build your kitten car. Your driving skill is far second to that.

I don't think that helps a lot when the idea is to teach people driving.

except there are the Volkswagen and Mercedes of the game, mainly Metabattle and Snowcrows that have already built the care for you, so you can focus on learning learning how to drive 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Sarius.9285 said:

except there are the Volkswagen and Mercedes of the game, mainly Metabattle and Snowcrows that have already built the care for you, so you can focus on learning learning how to drive 

If Volksvagen and Mercedes (and other car companies) were not selling cars, but blueprints for cars, far less peopel would use cars nowadays.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

If Volksvagen and Mercedes (and other car companies) were not selling cars, but blueprints for cars, far less peopel would use cars nowadays.

exactly. Which is why things like Metabattle are important, cause not everyone wants/can come up with working builds themselves. Just like most people can't build/design cars 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1