What EoD profession do you like the most so far?

hatebreeder.8316

My favourite of the EoD specializations is Harmbinger.

2 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

I'm really enjoying bladesworn although I seem very alone in that boat 😂😂 not seeing many warriors at all this expansion.

With Arenanet constantly making Warrior worse time and time again, I can understand people not wanting to play much of the permanently worst profession in the game.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

PVP pont of view:

Mechanist, Specter and Vindicator are the clear winner for PVP. But personally i really like Harbinger. Its fun to play and can be a good brawler but its not as opressive as core necro or scourge on pof release. 

16 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

With Arenanet constantly making Warrior worse time and time again, I can understand people not wanting to play much of the permanently worst profession in the game.

Have you tried vaanss build with shouts? I tried it and had a blast. I steamrolled people everywhere in SPVP while being nearly uncatchable. I recommend trying it. Its kinda OP.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

36 minutes ago, Bale.3851 said:

Have you tried vaanss build with shouts? I tried it and had a blast. I steamrolled people everywhere in SPVP while being nearly uncatchable. I recommend trying it. Its kinda OP.

Having one fringe build doesn't change the fact that Arenanet keeps nerfing Warrior to make sure it stays below the bottom of the barrel. I wouldn't be surprised if they "touch" Shouts again, since they might still be too effective in their opinion.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Having one fringe build doesn't change the fact that Arenanet keeps nerfing Warrior to make sure it stays below the bottom of the barrel. I wouldn't be surprised if they "touch" Shouts again, since they might still be too effective in their opinion.

What makes you think this? I mean sure most builds lack power after the feb 2020 nerfs. But so do many other builds / classes. There is no indicator showing they will nerf shouts. So there is no reason to say otherwise and lose ourself in wild suggestions. I understand why people are unhappy with the lack of communication and balance patches. But all i did was point out that there is in fact a build you can run in SPVP and that is good. Take this however you like.

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Bale.3851 said:

But all i did was point out that there is in fact a build you can run in SPVP and that is good.

And all I  did was pointing out that, when something nice on Warrior gets revealed, Arenanet likes to nerf it. Arenanet has often done so in the past and is likely to do it in the future.

I'd advise Warriors to keep their gems hidden.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

And all I  did was pointing out that, when something nice on Warrior gets revealed, Arenanet likes to nerf it. Arenanet has often done so in the past and is likely to do it in the future.

I'd advise Warriors to keep their gems hidden.

Eh no hiding sadly, arena net will get all statistics. 

I doubt shouts will get nerfed as arena net are looking at support warrior to get better 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Eh no hiding sadly, arena net will get all statistics. 

I doubt shouts will get nerfed as arena net are looking at support warrior to get better 

If that actually is their intend with the banner rework. I just hope banners will not end up merely providing boons. Banners will need something unique, even after the rework.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

If that actually is their intend with the banner rework. I just hope banners will not end up merely providing boons. Banners will need something unique, even after the rework.

As far as I know it isn't to do with the banners it was posted seperately. 

I'm just hoping for bladesworn to get it's gunsaber balanced out properly personally.... It's kinda showing when the entire gunsabers kit is ignored entirely in PvE rotations. 

You only use a gunsaber ability due to being locked into the kit for weapon swap CD after jade slashing. 

Needs to do more damage realistically. 

Gunsaber should be the warriors hardest hitting abilities imho, otherwise it just lacks identity, even if they increase the CDs on them to balance out doubling the damage. 

It should feel like it's susposed to be among your burst rotation. 

And in PvP it's only strong due to stacking modifiers which destroys build diversity. 

Edited by Daddy.8125

14 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

I'm just hoping for bladesworn to get it's gunsaber balanced out properly personally.... It's kinda showing when the entire gunsabers kit is ignored entirely in PvE rotations. 

You only use a gunsaber ability due to being locked into the kit for weapon swap CD after jade slashing. 

Needs to do more damage realistically. 

Gunsaber should be the warriors hardest hitting abilities imho, otherwise it just lacks identity, even if they increase the CDs on them to balance out doubling the damage. 

It should feel like it's susposed to be among your burst rotation. 

And in PvP it's only strong due to stacking modifiers which destroys build diversity. 

If Arenanet isn't going to fundamentally rework the not-a-sabre, it should at least be on par with some of the better elite specialization weapons, like Renegade's Shortbow or Harmbinger's pistol. THEN it might be worth given up a real weapon swap.

But that would be a nice thing for Warrior...

22 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

If Arenanet isn't going to fundamentally rework the not-a-sabre, it should at least be on par with some of the better elite specialization weapons, like Renegade's Shortbow or Harmbinger's pistol. THEN it might be worth given up a real weapon swap.

But that would be a nice thing for Warrior...

Eeeh the gunblade has lots of things which are actually really good about it. 

Having some ranged ability, is more then what most viable weapons offer us, its interaction with the modifiers adds up to quite alot of damage, it has mobility in it also.

The issue is, the dash needs to be longer, the damage of the abilities need to be buffed upwards and either animations need speeding up or animation cancelling needs to become more convinent when using it. 

Put it this way, you can see it was initially balanced around jade slash doing as much DMG as it did (at 56k DPS) and where they forgot to compensate when they nerfed it by over half its damage. 

Increase animation speed, increase its damage, and maybe knock another .5 off Jade slash and imho I think it will sit pretty well. 

The loss of weapon swap was still in the air in discussion according to CMC so weather that will be a permannat change or not isn't confirmed but even if they fix that it won't help the lack of use of gunsaber 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Virtuouso and Mechanist of the few I've tried.

I made my Virtu look like a Mortal Kombat character because that's what I feel like. Chucking spectral daggers at people, whipping out a giant double blade to knock them back. Raining daggers on them. It's just fun.

11 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Eeeh the gunblade has lots of things which are actually really good about it. 

Having some ranged ability, is more then what most viable weapons offer us, its interaction with the modifiers adds up to quite alot of damage, it has mobility in it also.

The issue is, the dash needs to be longer, the damage of the abilities need to be buffed upwards and either animations need speeding up or animation cancelling needs to become more convinent when using it. 

Put it this way, you can see it was initially balanced around jade slash doing as much DMG as it did (at 56k DPS) and where they forgot to compensate when they nerfed it by over half its damage. 

Increase animation speed, increase its damage, and maybe knock another .5 off Jade slash and imho I think it will sit pretty well. 

The loss of weapon swap was still in the air in discussion according to CMC so weather that will be a permannat change or not isn't confirmed but even if they fix that it won't help the lack of use of gunsaber 

Yeah...and unyieding dragon  exists so any dmg buff will must take this trait into consideration

1 minute ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Yeah...and unyieding dragon  exists so any dmg buff will must take this trait into consideration

Well if they're buffing jade slash's DMG sure. But they aren't. 

If we are talking spvp. The stun isn't that important due to the rooted charge realistically.

Their also capable of buffing it's PvE damage without affecting it's PvP performance, but I forsee unyielding dragon getting nerfed regardless in all honesty. 

• Confused 1

I cant really judge the PVE aspect of BS but im ok with a PVE only dmg buff to make gunsaber useful.

10 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

If we are talking spvp. The stun isn't that important due to the rooted charge realistically.

Uhm cant disagree more. How is a stun not important in SPVP? I understand that many warrior players arent happy with BS as it is and most dont play it but the stun is one of the best aspects of BS in SPVP.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bale.3851 said:

Uhm cant disagree more. How is a stun not important in SPVP? I understand that many warrior players arent happy with BS as it is and most dont play it but the stun is one of the best aspects of BS in SPVP

Yeah because the rest of it isn't great either. 

It's still a charged, highly telegraphed ability that you can physically jump over with the space key with only 1 application of stability. 

It has use yes, but is it of balance concern? Not rly. They already snubbed the damage to the ability so if you nerf the stun too Ur gonna have a entirely dead button. 

If anything gonna happen Jade slash's CD needs to be increased to compensate the buff to gunsabers base abilities the stun is the only thing carrying that ability realistically.