So... Heres the problem with WVW

Lobsters.3869

Like I do dagger ele.  I started with mesmer from GW1, but mesmer in GW2 is not even half as active now at is was then.  Basically hiding and clones and ranged dps which is great in pve.  I switched to dagger ele soon after I made my mesmer and it was fun!  I has 9k hp and did boko damage to monsters and I did that for Orr and POF and the one problem was if I get hit by anything I MEAN anything twice I'm in down state.

I'm still dagger ele in WVW.  Yes I die alot. Yes alot of classes and basically kill me in 1 hit.  Is that fair?  Probably not.  I can't kill anyone in one hit and I have the least HP and armor of any class.  But I like it its fun.  It combines the right amount of active for me.  I'm constantly pushing buttons to do damage and stay alive and I have to position myself and make sure I'm in the right attunements and I have to think before I act or I die.

WVW is not that.

WVW is a random bunch of players logging in at off hours where theres maybe 20 people playing per server doing random things like taking camps or afking in towers or keeps and coming back to refresh sieges.  It is what it is you all have seen it.  Its cool.

When u reach a peak hour its a 50v50 group and majority of the time theres atleast 10 guys who are support boon buff stay in a group and move together formation.

Its laggy.  Its kittening laggy.  If I'm on medium settings I'll get 10 fps in a scenario like that.  Like NOBODY is going to stay and play that for very long.  NOBODY check ur population counts.

So I build a class who can stay on the edge and give me FPS to be able to play decently, but its ineffective.  Theres nothing 20 ranged players can do to 20 stacked booned players which will make those boon players die and go away.

Theres no balance.  If the idea is you want to create a squad who can move around and be together and be hard to kill thats great, but there should also be a squad of ranged champions available to be ablle to counter this kind of playing.

Most players will not engage a blob because their computers wont do it.  Majority of ur 10 year old game are using computers which are out of date.  So they stay at range and have no impact on the blob.

My assumption is that everyone working at anet who is working on wvw (who should be fired right now and replaced with somebody who would do something for wvw btw) plays on a computer which can stand in a blob of 50 players and be efficient.

Hey, how about 50 players who don't want to blob?  Can they have an impact and be able to win with good skills and effectiveness or is it REALLY just a game based on getting as many people into the same tile as possible with as many boons as possible?

Like fire that guy he is KILLING UR WVW GAME.

lol  Thanks happy friday!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, Lobsters.3869 said:

Like I do dagger ele.  I started with mesmer from GW1, but mesmer in GW2 is not even half as active now at is was then.  Basically hiding and clones and ranged dps which is great in pve.  I switched to dagger ele soon after I made my mesmer and it was fun!  I has 9k hp and did boko damage to monsters and I did that for Orr and POF and the one problem was if I get hit by anything I MEAN anything twice I'm in down state.

I'm still dagger ele in WVW.  Yes I die alot. Yes alot of classes and basically kill me in 1 hit.  Is that fair?  Probably not.  I can't kill anyone in one hit and I have the least HP and armor of any class.  But I like it its fun.  It combines the right amount of active for me.  I'm constantly pushing buttons to do damage and stay alive and I have to position myself and make sure I'm in the right attunements and I have to think before I act or I die.

WVW is not that.

WvW is not what? 

Melee weaver has been one of the strongest WvW roamers for half a decade now, when played well. It hard counters many builds that cant even touch it before they fall to insane combo damage.

• Like 2
  • Confused 7

3 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

WvW is not what? 

Melee weaver has been one of the strongest WvW roamers for half a decade now, when played well. It hard counters many builds that cant even touch it before they fall to insane combo damage.

Don't think you read all of what he wrote.

Its because people complained about time-to-kill so Anet nerfed all damage into the ground. Its why sustain has become the only meta way to play now since the game has become too forgiving. The only burst left is not-fun-to-play cheese that only tryhards enjoy playing.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

idk, the FPS are mostly not even that bad these days. skilllag in three-way fights are .. normal. it has been way worse imo in the past years with lag than it is recently.

the heavy nerf policy of anet sadly messed up Wvw classes hard. only few are able to do sorta good dmg, and dmg overall is a big grind to setup still.

but i fear there is no way back by now. the sustain has to do a ton of work as well, bc it also got several unnecessary nerfs, and still has to catch all the dps from the ballsy glasscannon builds.

thanks to the weird removal of retaliation, range dps is free to put on the table. cowards and gankers flourish.

and even worse, we still have no alliances but the toxic link system. 90% of the playerbase is as casual as it gets, and u will hear every few days someone crying about GoB so hard to access. shows u the reality of these people, they think a 1 hour playtime  is "hard and unfair to farm for"... because their distorted reality makes it probably 2 months for 1 reward track.

9 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

Its because people complained about time-to-kill so Anet nerfed all damage into the ground. Its why sustain has become the only meta way to play now since the game has become too forgiving. The only burst left is not-fun-to-play cheese that only tryhards enjoy playing.

The sustain boonball meta has been a thing longer than the so called "nerfed to the ground" damage which barely put a dent in the speed of which players can kill things. Yeah it's breaking the game. It's stupid, passive gameplay. The idea of a 50 man group having only 10 supports is downright laughable. It's more like 20-30 supports. 

But it doesnt relate much to an ele roamer.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

Ain't no one got time to shift through walls of text.  Keep it concise.  Put the essential information at the top rather than building up a case users have to read through to get to the conclusion at the bottom.  This one simple trick will vastly improve readability on the internet!

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/11/2022 at 8:04 PM, Lobsters.3869 said:

WVW is not that.

WVW is a random bunch of players logging in at off hours where theres maybe 20 people playing per server doing random things like taking camps or afking in towers or keeps and coming back to refresh sieges.  It is what it is you all have seen it.  Its cool.

When u reach a peak hour its a 50v50 group and majority of the time theres atleast 10 guys who are support boon buff stay in a group and move together formation.

Its laggy.  Its kittening laggy.  If I'm on medium settings I'll get 10 fps in a scenario like that.  Like NOBODY is going to stay and play that for very long.  NOBODY check ur population counts.

So I build a class who can stay on the edge and give me FPS to be able to play decently, but its ineffective.  Theres nothing 20 ranged players can do to 20 stacked booned players which will make those boon players die and go away.

Theres no balance.  If the idea is you want to create a squad who can move around and be together and be hard to kill thats great, but there should also be a squad of ranged champions available to be ablle to counter this kind of playing.

Most players will not engage a blob because their computers wont do it.  Majority of ur 10 year old game are using computers which are out of date.  So they stay at range and have no impact on the blob.

My assumption is that everyone working at anet who is working on wvw (who should be fired right now and replaced with somebody who would do something for wvw btw) plays on a computer which can stand in a blob of 50 players and be efficient.

Hey, how about 50 players who don't want to blob?  Can they have an impact and be able to win with good skills and effectiveness or is it REALLY just a game based on getting as many people into the same tile as possible with as many boons as possible?

Like fire that guy he is KILLING UR WVW GAME.

lol  Thanks happy friday!

TL;DR

Especially because you're on Mag.  💋

Why does there always have to be a thread from someone who's "identified" what's wrong with WvW?

WvW is what's wrong with WvW. There's a million and one problems with it, not least of all the total dev abandonment; but then you have a playerbase that all wants to do different things (roam, GvG, blob, PPT, duel), on an engine which can't cope with the masses of rubbish added to it over the years since GW1. 

WvW is a sinking ship crewed by skeletons trying to drown oneanother; and in essence, so is GW2 as a whole.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1