The Imbalance & Broken game of WvW.

Moonlight.8104

7 hours ago, Svarty.8019 said:

Whut? Aren't you that [ILL] nightcap commander? Abaddon's Mouth are currently winning the top tier. Link to scores site: http://gw2stats.com/matchups

no, he's the deso ppt nightblobchatmander... i forgot the guild tag, think [RG] or sth alike

@oscuro.9720 some of us rather kill than die. tho with the EU quality drowning in ppt train servers, it gets worse with each month, ngl

@Xenesis.6389 i mean 10v50 never worked in this mode, for sure not. against baruch on EU we had similar things yet tho. not really fun to fight at these numbers surely, but we took their SM with a blob hiding inside during outN state once yet 😛 nuts grind ...

@UmbraNoctis.1907 yeah and those handholding guys get regularly clapped by better, smaller guilds or opentags. just, not every server has the necessary tryhard players for this. lots of people aren't willing to learn to play. and u hopefully don't really think that a build carries a group? a smallscale build carries normally against a zergbuild in a 1v1 situation, but once groupplay is involved, it's also people understanding mechanics

outside of that: pugs are often more a problem than a help. they jump random into dmg, they give away group positions by running unstealthed beneath groups, they often do no dmg due to pvE builds and die within a second and rally enemy downed players by that...

this is the reason why many tags run hidden. (that to be said: quite some shouldn't run hidden. u need to know your job when running hiddentag) running with shown tag surely gives u a bigger sustain, bc players also can mitigate dmg better in numbers (however, many aren't even aware of this)

@Shiyo.3578 i mean there are no unkillable healers. eles have quite some builds that tank like hell but then overcommit and just die. firebrands can be played well and become hard to kill, but can be killed easy with enough focus and real dps. scrappers die like anything else to just enough pressure. the average pug pressure is just not too hard.

even mediocre guilds can sustain most of that. once some experienced guilds' players join the clouding, you have things like FoW, Vabbi (Maguuma probs if ur NA) clouds... inexperienced zergs wipe to that without even understanding why and how.

Edited by kamikharzeeh.8016
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

i mean there are no unkillable healers.

Any healer in minstrels cannot die in 1v1.  This is not the case in LITERALLY any other MMORPG, even ones with holy trinity! That's atrocious. 

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

10 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

no, he's the deso ppt nightblobchatmander... i forgot the guild tag, think [RG] or sth alike

I don't know what you call it, but basically I just put tags when they are not there. I defend structures , always also outnumbered , you can present yourself with your 50 and you are sure that you will find me there even if we are only 10 on our side.😊

the goal is to create content and group fun.

• Like 1

yeah, i mean unlinked it's obviously not a blob, my bad. pugmander would been the politically more close term. we didn't see desolation in a long time, as it weirdly gets unlinked always. another thing that should show people how flawed this system is. the linking algorithm is using some clearly non working stats and is literally every relink cheesed by mass transfers

and then ppl cry about inequal population lmfao. yeah its inequal because the pugmasses and gankersguilds (SA, HUNT etc) usually just go on servers where they expect easy kills on and where they can afk in a t3 stonemist for half daytime long

@Shiyo.3578 first, why would u 1v1 a healer, second, any good dps can kill them with enough time. normally, that's not a situation where the support characters wants to be in, bc it HAS NO OFFENSIVE OUTPUT. ZERO.

so, your argumentation is invalid there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/24/2022 at 3:35 PM, oscuro.9720 said:

WvW supposed to be unbalanced. It’s supposed to be unfair. It’s supposed to be a filthy, bloody mess. It’s supposed to be a cluster kitten that no one really understands. It’s supposed to be 5 on 1. It’s supposed to be a hot mess. It’s supposed to crush the souls of the players to incompetent to fight for themselves. It’s supposed to sunder the heavens and unleash chaos into the realm of man. It’s supposed to be the indignant executor of fate’s decree. It’s supposed to be an ungodly slaughter of the weak. It’s supposed to be like walking through the fields of hell, the coals burning the soles of your feet, yet you smile regardless. It’s supposed to be unfair. 
So stop whining, roll your pant legs up, tighten your suspenders, and wade into the bloody lake of fire and die with us, like the good soldier you are. 

Yeah sure, I actually agree with most if not all of that.

Still, some things are way. Too. Over. Powered.

Lol. Think more dark souls 1, less dark souls 2; challenging, not infuriating.

Idk what it is about gw2 players and their need to defend obviously broken things.

I play on Desolation (EU). Since we are once again without a link, we are outnumbered almost all the time, sometimes on all 4 maps at same time.

Outnumbered buff should not give any stats, as that can easily be abused, but it should significantly improve the rewards from the game mode. Maybe the +5 pips was bit too much, but at least +3 pip should be given. There should also be motivation for the winning higher population servers to attack each other, instead of both praying the weaker one. Now WvWvW is often 2 vs 1, where 2 stronger servers attack the weakest one. Most people want easy wins, so this is natural, but the game designers should be aware of this.

Stats are problematic in many ways, imagine it would be +300 on all stats. What if outnumbered buff disappears and your health was less than 3000, then you would be instantly downed. All these stat bonuses all calculations to the server and increase the lag.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

right atm i went out of wvw due to a problem that got so rampant that there is no more 3 factions, but 2 factions that more or less work together vs the third one when and however it pleases. dont think thats intended.  it was  a mere suspect thing to observe since i started wvw weeks ago, but now it was so blatantly executed by two factions defending ogre watch one of them has occupied and we tried to flip it. 

i simply log out immidiately whenever kitten like that happens. and it looks like its a trend for while

oh and before sum klugshicor tries to tell the tale of "oh thats the nature of 3 faction palying".. no its not, i havent had a single experience like that with one faction "siding" with ours since i started wvw.  if that would happen on a constant change of situations for EVERY of the 3 factions wouldnt say a word. but it simply doesnt. 

and i like the suggestion above to massively boost the outnumbered buff, but in stages in any zone, not only overall

Edited by hardloop von edgehoven.851
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hardloop von edgehoven.851 said:

right atm i went out of wvw due to a problem that got so rampant that there is no more 3 factions, but 2 factions that more or less work together vs the third one when and however it pleases. dont think thats intended.  it was  a mere suspect thing to observe since i started wvw weeks ago, but now it was so blatantly executed by two factions defending ogre watch one of them has occupied and we tried to flip it. 

i simply log out immidiately whenever kitten like that happens. and it looks like its a trend for while

oh and before sum klugshicor tries to tell the tale of "oh thats the nature of 3 faction palying".. no its not, i havent had a single experience like that with one faction "siding" with ours since i started wvw.  if that would happen on a constant change of situations for EVERY of the 3 factions wouldnt say a word. but it simply doesnt. 

and i like the suggestion above to massively boost the outnumbered buff, but in stages in any zone, not only overall

We need to rename you to necro von edgehoven

• Haha 2