Fishing

14 minutes ago, kaifa.1650 said:

Never seen such a talkative fishing as the one you created in EoD.

I have lost the desire to play - more time is lost in swearing than in fun

Shame a real shame - condolences

i dont like fishing either, but it's not that bad since you can skip it (almost) entirely

unless you want the fishing achievements, you can get the all spec collections in a few hrs (3-4) of fishing

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Peterson.5172 said:

i dont like fishing either, but it's not that bad since you can skip it (almost) entirely

unless you want the fishing achievements, you can get the all spec collections in a few hrs (3-4) of fishing

I love how fishing is one of the main features of this expac and in fact it is almost useless. Sums up this release quite nicely. 
I agree with the OP it’s annoying but I don’t mind because that’s not what I really look for.

• Confused 4

I also don't really understand "talkative" fishing, at least in terms of in-game chat. Too busy pressing 23232323 to chat. Maybe OP just means "talkative" as "makes me want to swear" lol.

I get that they want fishing to be interactive, but it's not a chill and relaxing experience. I'd much prefer a system like BDO where you can get fish faster if you do the interactive minigame, but your character can autofish at a much slower rate if you're chatting and not doing the minigame.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Assume it's just you swearing at the monitor?  Why not just skip fishing if it bothers you that much.  Useless is subjective...I liked fishing for the turtle mount, by choice, I enjoy the daily, and I like floating around on the skiff and fishing.  Ever go fishing irl?  Sometimes you swear there too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...

I was really excited about fishing for EOD when it was announced, I love fishing in other games including FFXIV and Lost Ark. But this is anything but fun. The mini game is completely stupid and definitely not relaxing nor fun. Once again the ball has been dropped. I sincerely hope you will fix this so others can enjoy fishing in a relaxing environment in GW2. I'll stick with fishing in other games but refuse to do it in GW2 unless you make it more relaxing and user friendly. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1