Official Mount Adoption Feedback Thread [merged]

@Vadeil.3924 said:My only criticism would be allow people to buy outside of rng for an inflated price if they do not like rng.

Wow.... so thoughtful and kind........ suggesting that we should be allowed to just buy them but for inflated prices........................ not all heroes wear capes. Some pay $120+ USD and suck up to ANet.

@Fallesafe.5932 said:

@troops.8276 said:

@Fallesafe.5932 said:Yea, this is "pay to win." Because re-skinning your mount is how you win the game apparently.

How
do
you 'win' the game though? Getting all the things you want?

There's no gameplay advantage/imperative to re-skinning your mounts. It's 100% discretionary, and cosmetic.

That depends on how the individual defines gameplay. All most everything is discretionary. Do you 'win' when you finish the story and then stop playing? If getting all the things you want and customizing your character is the game your playing then you can not 'win' unless you gamble with a huge time sink first or real money. The individual defines what 'winning' means too them not you or I.

Any gamble should be prohibited from any games for under 18year olds (and I consider trading card games into that, too). Lets see how many games would continue with that if it would be a much smaller amount of people who could play their game.With the way the game industry is going its for the safety for future children.

@SmirkDog.3160 said:

@Vadeil.3924 said:My only criticism would be allow people to buy outside of rng for an inflated price if they do not like rng.

Wow.... so thoughtful and kind........ suggesting that we should be allowed to just buy them but for inflated prices........................ not all heroes wear capes. Some pay $120+ USD and suck up to ANet.

@Vyrulisse.1246 said:Must be nice to enjoy getting fleeced by companies and then thanking them for the opportunity.

mmmmmm I love salty things. My favorite chips are actually salt and vinegar.

@Luke.1402 said:can you lend me just $120 so that I can feel the joy you’re having :3

Only if you work my forced overtime hours for me.

@Ubi.4136 said:I imagine movie theaters will go RNG soon too. Your movie tonight will be $16 for 2 adults...maybe if you're lucky you'll get to watch the movie you want, and if you're really lucky you will even end up in the same theater. If not, you can always tell each other afterwards about what you saw.

but remember its optional /s

@Vadeil.3924 said:yep, I agree completely! its not that bad of a deal. even more so when there are like 9 skins i feel would sell at the price of 1k if they were not in the rng.

Thanks for the input. For me personally, I don't find the mount package a price vs gambling argument, since you'll get the skin you want plus 30 others. I think the real argument here is, quantity vs quality. I haven't bought it yet, but I'm leaning more so on buying it, b/c again I think it's a really nice deal. However, the question I pose to myself is 120$ for 30 unique skins a good deal compared with a 1200 gem purchase of all of the Wintersday skins / Lunar Skins. The more narrowed / focused skins will look better, b/c they're narrowed and focused lol. They're themed in other words. However, the quantity of 30 skins at only 4$ each is a bargain and there are at least 18 skins I counted on preview alone I liked, while the rest I've already seen with different dyes to be really appealing.

@Deihnyx.6318 said:I agree that it's not a bad deal, but we seem to be in minority, at least on the forums.

I still it would calm everyone to just have a more expensive (700/800?), selectable version of the skins.

Thanks for the response. The only reason why I don't lean towards this is because you're losing the 4$ each mount skin across the base. 4$ for the subtle iguana raptor skin AND 4$ for the crazy lightning raptor is such a refreshing look at pricing. Honestly, I respect WoW, to a degree, for keeping their mount prices the same. Still, those are 25$ each.

If these were individually sold and not random I might agree with you, but if you have to pay $100+ dollars when you only want two or three of these skins but can not control what you get otherwise, it's a beyond terrible deal. And they are ABSOLUTELY gambling, unless you buy the full pack.

Saying it isn't nearly as bad as other games doesn't make it good at all. That only emphasizes how terrible of a problem this is in the industry.

@troops.8276 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:We are not entitled to anything for FREE, but we do get a ton of FREE updates to the game. You want FREE optional cosmetic items that have zero impact on gameplay? Exchange your in-game gold and get them for FREE.

Don't know where you are drawing the parallel of vanity items to "p2w" items. Sad.

Customization
is
a part of the gameplay to many, as in how people play the game, or spend their time.The industry recognised this a while back and have been making big money off of it ever since. Its offered as a feature, a selling point, by all the mmo's and many other genres on the market.Features, selling points, like QoL, Content and Customization are then deliberately time gated and made available through a pay wall. On top of that various manipulative marketing ploys are used to encourage sales. Some are getting too close to gambling for many.

Now you know.

EDIT: If you genuinely had not realised that this is what is going on then you are one of the simple souls others here are concerned will be exploited due to your naivety.

You're really grasping at straws to make points.

Optional skins are for aesthetic purposes only. Different skins will not help a player beat any meta events or defeat a raid boss faster than any other player... Am I wrong, or am I just I'm brainwashed due to anet exploiting my naivety? lol

"Paywall"? That's funny considering all players have been given a free path to every item on the gemstore... PLUS free monthly access to the game... That's beyond a fair business model.

@Vyrulisse.1246 said:No it's a bad deal. Half of these aren't worth $5 but you're forced to wade through the garbage in the hopes you get what you want. By the time most people do get that skin they really wanted they've spent far more than they are truly worth. It's a scam, all lootboxes are scams.

Hey thanks for the response! I definitely see how some people could view the skins as worth more than others, but imo, that kind of proves my point. There are skins in the package that are obviously incredibly valuable. To have them all based at 4$ each is a really nice way to go about it. I personally have never seen any mount skin priced at 4$, no matter how basic, I think the cheapest is maybe 10$. So in that, I'd say you're still getting a deal. :)

Exactly, the gliders skin are way more expensive, between 600-800gems each, I don't see people going crazy over it. We all knew mount skins were going to be costly. People acting surprised must be new to MMO. Besides nobody is forcing anyone to buy those skins, they are purely cosmetic.

@DreamyAbaddon.3265 said:How much money do I need to actually spend to get all the mount skins 100%?My concern is the Mount Adoption License would expire... I mean do they expire since it is a "License"? How does this work? I'm still confused.

120$ gets you all 30 mount skins. There are no duplicates, so you can get every skin for that price.