Another slap to the WvW community!

just.9782

I just looked at the stream clip for this cause you all still making threads on this. They said it would work in wvw, fractals, strikes,  but don't mention spvp, which probably means it was only intended for npc kills only not player kills, which they probably should have made a more clear distinction on at the time. But anet, marketing, pvp, they've never been good together. Like I said already, surprised they even let this work without wvw masteries like they did for the glider and mount.

15 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Would take gazzilions to affect economy, or these players play 24hrs. 

Because protocol have internal cooldown.

i do lots of pve, and didnt notice big deal about these scavenger, perhaps 50s per hour?

Before the change, I was doing DE meta then about 3 hours of commanding in wvw, actively pushing UW eb with evenish numbers until the final hour or so.  During DE+prep I'd get roughly the same number of scavenger bags as I would in 3 hours of heavy wvw.  There is no way wvw was affecting the market negatively.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 7:45 AM, EveningTempo.4796 said:

The complaints about GOB are for the most part justified. Completing a reward track isn't difficult, but for someone that doesn't like playing competitive deathmatch it takes long enough to enter tedium territory. Those participation changes couldn't come sooner.

and how u call that justified? pvE people are bathing in gold and have access to rare stuff if they do the CM and raid stuff, not even to mention the strike farm stuff.

plus, if we want our precursor to become legys, we'd need to do the GoE which takes eternities to complete

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

and how u call that justified? pvE people are bathing in gold and have access to rare stuff if they do the CM and raid stuff, not even to mention the strike farm stuff.

plus, if we want our precursor to become legys, we'd need to do the GoE which takes eternities to complete

Gift of Eternity is a slogfest after the first map comp. PVE players would likely appreciate there being other ways to acquire more GOEs as much as WVWers.

The majority of the player base isn't doing CMs and raking in "easy" gold, Anet had no excuse for nerfing the rewards of one of the game's hardest PVE modes. The majority of the player base, PVE or otherwise, doesn't have gold to throw around at BL rares and gemstore skins.

Spit out that kool-aid and realize that some problems apply across the board to all players, while others only apply to some. Everyone suffers from the GOE and gold grind. Only non-WVWers suffer from the GOB grind.

yeah but pvE stuff is bringing you far more gold? like even doing casual dalies and fractals (t4 and t3 have yet a pretty solid payout from what i remember, unless that got nerfed?) give u a lot of gold - plus isn't that a part of the metatrains, that u get something of worth potentially for it?

(i don't really know but why else are so many ppl doing them)

Actually there is a good reason for this, it could be exploited easly, have you heard of battlefield games exp servers where players let them self get killed in turns or capture and uncap  the objectives?

Well there was a funny thing you could do with those jade bots, get a friend or organized group on enemy side near a point a keep killing him/them. To get the loot. Yeah that worked! 😅

On 3/30/2022 at 1:24 PM, Hypnowulf.7403 said:

Yes. Is it true that it's cruel to force people with social anxiety issues into PvP?

PvP is different because it's a smaller high stress environment where you are required to be in close contact with some undesirable personalities and you have no say in the matter. In WvW, there is no need, and you choose to do your own thing and play exclusively with only people you want. You don't need to make much meaningful social contact if at all.

I would argue WvW is  better than pve instanced content, where they can just arbitrarily boot you.

The real point is just that legendary weapons  require players to participate in a bunch of content, some out of their comfort zones. It's not really about tribalism-- it's also pretty clear WvW players did pve stuff (especially gen 2+) and did not use their arbitrary designation to bypass these requirements. You just can't strike things out based on your own preferences.

And of course Legendaries are optional and some can even be bought. The ones that can't be bought have no functional differences either. So using the term force is dubious.

This is not to mention that one can bypass the GoB anyways by using the Ley-Energy vendor. It's no wonder why Anet thinks this is a non-issue.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 6:18 PM, ArchonWing.9480 said:

This is not to mention that one can bypass the GoB anyways by using the Ley-Energy vendor. It's no wonder why Anet thinks this is a non-issue.

I've looked and looked...and not sure what you mean here. How can you bypass the GoB via Ley-Energy vendor?

On 4/16/2022 at 3:34 AM, misterman.1530 said:

I've looked and looked...and not sure what you mean here. How can you bypass the GoB via Ley-Energy vendor?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Box_of_WvW_Supplies 

it´s one of the rotating options you can buy from the converter, and those can be kept in store until WvW-Rank is daily, and then be consumed to complete the daily WvW-Rank, which gives you a Potion of WvW Rewards in return. 

So technically yes, you COULD bypass WvW completely by doing that, but it will take you AGES to complete a full track if you want to completely rely on the converter (plus: it´s a lot of RNG since WvW-supplies is a rotating purchase in the converters)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Custodio.6134 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Box_of_WvW_Supplies 

it´s one of the rotating options you can buy from the converter, and those can be kept in store until WvW-Rank is daily, and then be consumed to complete the daily WvW-Rank, which gives you a Potion of WvW Rewards in return. 

So technically yes, you COULD bypass WvW completely by doing that, but it will take you AGES to complete a full track if you want to completely rely on the converter (plus: it´s a lot of RNG since WvW-supplies is a rotating purchase in the converters)

So it's not bypassing the Gift of Battle at all then, just bypassing actually doing WvW?

On 3/29/2022 at 6:49 PM, just.9782 said:

"Fixed a bug with jade bot scavenger protocols. Scavenger protocols will no longer work when killing players."
No more jade bot loot bags. Because apparently arenanet doesn't want wvwers to have any gold. Just PvE players get to have extra drops. To those of you who only play wvw. I feel sorry for you.

Ok, you can sleep easier now since tomorrow you can collect your measly jade scraps again for measly rewards. 

Gl!

Jade Bot Scavenging

In the March 29 update, we made a change to Jade Bot Scavenger Protocols that makes them no longer grant materials or trophies for player kills. This change was intended to address an exploit elsewhere in the game, but WvW players took splash damage in the process and were unfairly nerfed. We’ll revert this change for WvW in the April 19 update. Happy scavenging!