Spirit changes (and banners too)

RainbowTurtle.3542

Hey Anet,

Could we get an inkling of an idea what your plan is for spirits and banners? Will it be wells? Will they function the same and simply pulse boons? What boons might they provide?

You gave us the incredibly vague 'we want them to fit into the 5 man boon application template' and yet none of us can agree on what that means. Some people think it'll just get cut to 5 man, some people think it'll be pulsing boons, some people think it'll be common boons like might, some people think there will be a rare boon in there.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I just hope it's not just  might/swiftness/prot/vigor pulses on basic spirits (regen and stab on water and elite seems a bit better but I hope their active stays) . Those boons are too easy to stack passively and are nowhere near frost and sun buff value.

Also even if it's different boons, other classes can already give healing and barrier on top of boons, so I hope druid finally loses the CD on avatar so it's only resource limited.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am still for tge spirit weapon approach for spirits. Ground target ammo skills that provide allies with buffs and enemies with detrimental effects. Natures Vengeance can then function as the trait that give allies non boon related buffs which stack in duration and require some spacd casting of the spirits to be effective.

What i dont want to lose is the nature spirit aesthetic. What i definetly want to gain is mobility and no longr a killable spirit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Boz.2038 said:

With detrimental effects?
Yeah, no. Trolling allies is not what this game wants.

1 hour ago, InsaneQR.7412 said:

provide allies with buffs and enemies with detrimental effects.

boldened important keywords for ya there Boz 😉

Edited by Lord Trejgon.2809
fix for typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeh i would not hold my breath about the changes. The fact that no info has be shared worries me the most. 

In any case i will have a blast if when the rework is garbage and all the pve druid mains  come here to complain. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
i meant "when"
  • Sad 1

Imagine the worst thing possible and it will probably what spirit will become.

Ima bet on spirit pulsing the boons that the current trait give them on active use and the trait will now give alacrity on spirit's active use.

Water spirit: Now pulse 1.5s regen every 3s.

Frost spirit: Now pulse 13s might every 3s.

Stone spirit: Now pulse 1s protection every 3s.

Storm spirit: Now pulse 1.5s fury every 3s.

Sun spirit: Now pulse 1.5s vigor every 3s.

Spirit of renewal: Now pulse 1.5s resistance/resolution every 3s. (Yeah, stability would be stepping on the guardian toes and the devs probably wouldn't want that).

Nature's vengeance: Now grant 3s alacrity whenever you use a spirit active skill no matter which spirit is used.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Imagine the worst thing possible and it will probably what spirit will become.

Ima bet on spirit pulsing the boons that the current trait give them on active use and the trait will now give alacrity on spirit's active use.

Water spirit: Now pulse 1.5s regen every 3s.

Frost spirit: Now pulse 13s might every 3s.

Stone spirit: Now pulse 1s protection every 3s.

Storm spirit: Now pulse 1.5s fury every 3s.

Sun spirit: Now pulse 1.5s vigor every 3s.

Spirit of renewal: Now pulse 1.5s resistance/resolution every 3s. (Yeah, stability would be stepping on the guardian toes and the devs probably wouldn't want that).

Nature's vengeance: Now grant 3s alacrity whenever you use a spirit active skill no matter which spirit is used.

Honestly I think you might be right with this assertion. They will definitely remove the spirit effects and replace them with boon of one kind or another. 

It will kitten off raid and strike players but I think everyone else will be fine since I rarely see anyone run them for meta farms or fractals. 

Edited by Mell.4873

38 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Honestly I think you might be right with this assertion. They will definitely remove the spirit effects and replace them with boon of one kind or another. 

It will kitten off raid and strike players but I think everyone else will be fine since I rarely see anyone run them for meta farms or fractals. 

That's the worst I could imagine... Maybe they will manage to give me a good surprise if that's what I expect. (I'm sure the can imagine worse thought)

Well considering they said they are going to "rework them to fit general boon framework" I was kind of assuming that it's obvious they are goign to change them to provide boons instead of their effects?

The question for me was only how exactly the new spirits will work, and which boons will they provide.

54 minutes ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

Well considering they said they are going to "rework them to fit general boon framework" I was kind of assuming that it's obvious they are goign to change them to provide boons instead of their effects?

The question for me was only how exactly the new spirits will work, and which boons will they provide.

My point with this post is that we have 0 clue on what these changes will be. Will they simply be pulsing boons? Will they be only on activation? Will they even function well in the only mode they're good in (pve)?

2 hours ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

My point with this post is that we have 0 clue on what these changes will be. Will they simply be pulsing boons? Will they be only on activation? Will they even function well in the only mode they're good in (pve)?

I don't think people ran them WvW often, If banners go the same way then could be worse for PVP. Honestly the biggest change if Spirits lose their unique buff is that all the golem numbers will change.

2 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I don't think people ran them WvW often, If banners go the same way then could be worse for PVP. Honestly the biggest change if Spirits lose their unique buff is that all the golem numbers will change.

Spirits are currently only good in pve. If you're using them in wvw you're either coping, confused, or crying, and in pvp it's the same on a smaller scale.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

IIRC the word "boon" wasn't used. They mentioned standardizing them. They don't need to make them just pulse fury or might or whatevs.

7 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

IIRC the word "boon" wasn't used. They mentioned standardizing them. They don't need to make them just pulse fury or might or whatevs.

Warrior players have been telling us for years that they’d like to be something other than a banner warrior in groups! We agree, and we’re going to rework banners and spirits to fit our shared boon system and open new options for warrior and ranger players. Both professions will have access to new boon support roles using revamped banners, spirits, and related traits.”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-end-of-dragons-strike-missions-balance-and-rewards/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I'm hoping that it isn't just the current Spirit mechanic with some pulsing boons. I feel like it isn't going to be that because they could have probably just squeezed that in on EoD release or in the last balance patch.

On 4/4/2022 at 11:05 AM, InsaneQR.7412 said:

I am still for tge spirit weapon approach for spirits. Ground target ammo skills that provide allies with buffs and enemies with detrimental effects. Natures Vengeance can then function as the trait that give allies non boon related buffs which stack in duration and require some spacd casting of the spirits to be effective.

What i dont want to lose is the nature spirit aesthetic. What i definetly want to gain is mobility and no longr a killable spirit.

This is a pretty good idea, as is making them like Scrapper Gyros as said in another thread.

• Like 1