Easier class rotations to allow for mechanics focus?

What are a couple class/specs that have a simple enough rotation to allow one to then focus on mechanics of strikes/raids instead of the rotation instead?  

Find I keep having to focus on complicated rotations and die to strike/raid mechanics and given the fact spell and character effects impact mechanics even further because I can’t see the indicators…just tough at times and want to contribute and enjoy the content.

• Like 2

Snowcrows recently updated their site. I know that they singlehandedly ruined raids or whatever, but they also added a beginner build section.

https://snowcrows.com/builds?profession=Any&role=Any&damage=Any&beginner=1

I personally recommend power berserker. Very simple rotation, no extra kits/skills/tomes, don't even really need to weapon swap except for CC (which could be considered optional I suppose), and it is capable of outputting respectable DPS.

Power holosmith with a single kit is another fairly easy one IMO.

Depending on the content you are doing, playing an offhealer could give you the potential to see the mechanics more without having too stress too much about your rotation. Healbrand isn't too hard to pick up on a basic level. 

Edited by knite.1542
  • Like 2

Virtuoso is pretty good at the moment otherwise it depends on what you are good at:

Memorizing simple rotations

Managing resources (knowing when to use skills) 

A good and easy rotation is any berserker warrior or condition ranger. 

While classes like mesmer, firebrand, scourge are more about managing resources.

Edited by Mell.4873

I was able to do strikes with DD Staff and minimal rotation and went much better.  Although I wasn’t top dps I stayed alive and therefore contributed the entire time.  Going to try quick cFB and quick hFB as well.

so I’m thinking it’s a combination of easier rotation with some resource management 

Appreciate all the feedback

On 4/4/2022 at 5:54 PM, knite.1542 said:

Healbrand isn't too hard to pick up on a basic level. 

Just to give a heads up to OP: there's a massive difference between beginner (quick or heal) and experienced/mastered firebrand. A single good firebrand can trivialize the entirety of IBS strike section, not even kidding. Rotating properly (skills and the boss) will make all the difference on Boneskinner, and massively improve the DPS on Whisper of Jormag (silver --> gold). If you take Stand Your Ground you'll already be contributing in a lot of encounters, though.

I'd say dragonhunter is a safe bet, as is scourge and maybe - MAYBE - staff daredevil. Staff daredevil's listed as 5/5 skill cap on Snowcrows because it contains a lot of nuance that makes or breaks your DPS (i.e. some stolen skills, again, allow you to skip mechanics or add damage between i.e. phase phasing). You'll still be doing decent DPS with autos only, though.

Renegade's pretty easy too, I believe. Druid is kinda on the easier side of the skill floor, too, I think...? This might be subject to personal bias after years of playing it.

TL;DR: alac: renegade, dps: dragonhunter or daredevil, support: scourge, hfb or druid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

Virtuoso is pretty good at the moment otherwise it depends on what you are good at:

Memorizing simple rotations

Managing resources (knowing when to use skills) 

A good and easy rotation is any berserker warrior or condition ranger. 

While classes like mesmer, firebrand, scourge are more about managing resources.

^ This. I forgot Virtuoso. Will probably get nerfed soon, tho; our raid commander even remarked it's rather ridiculous.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dragonhunter, though it might incentivize facetanking mechanics due to the OP-in-PVE heal skill. [Virtues DH or core guard in the fights that it's taken (if it's meta anywhere in raids/fractals/strikes) with the trait "Strike damage dealt is increased while you have aegis."  is an exception.]

Power warrior does not have a difficult rotation too, I also don't think Heal Firebrand or Fractal Rev are that difficult and I think they're fine when playing in pugs too.

Edited by daisyk.4523

Decided due to inability to see most mechanics in this game due to the graphic engine I’m going to just focus on WvW and Fractals.  Raids and strikes outside of 3/5 were just frustrating.

Just not a fan of Guardians, thinking Rev or SoulBeast might be way to go

• Like 1

for the people recommending healers, I would recommend the opposite. Just play something like sword pbm holo or shortbow condi soulbeast or... something similar like that.

as a healer, you have to focus on booning in addition to healing, and it's often a wipe if you die. people are also often leaning on you to know mechanics, cc timings, and stab/aegis timings. if you want to get into supporting I would start out on an alac/quick dps (often you are only responsible for like 2-3 boons max, sometimes only 1)

on heal mechanist you technically only have to stack the 25might/alacrity but your squad absolutely will feel the difference between a skilled mechanist giving about 7 boons (might/fury/alac/swift/prot/vigor/regen) and a less skilled mechanist giving 2 (might/alac).

hb is a similar idea (25might/fury/prot/reso/quick/swift/regen + ondemand stab/aegis) but imho it's actually easier to pick up. bonus points as you don't have to manage the crappy pet ai.

people might not be able to immediately point out the lack of healing (did I just mistime a dodge or am I actually just not getting enough healing?) the same way you can spot bad dps (this guy is doing 3k, literally everyone else is doing 10k) so often people feel like they can "hide" bad performance more in a healer role (and it can be harder to tell if you are doing enough for your group, I struggled a lot with this when I was starting out)

• Like 4