What do we want to see in Longbow Ele?

Cozy Winter.2046

The elementalist is a mage (or used to be). They need a staff or wand. An elementalist does not need a sword, axe, bow... no one needs a gun in this game.

I honestly think the e-specs have ruined character builds. Everyone wants be everything on one avatar. But the damage is done... 

• Confused 4

2 hours ago, Tukaram.8256 said:

The elementalist is a mage (or used to be). They need a staff or wand. An elementalist does not need a sword, axe, bow... no one needs a gun in this game.

I honestly think the e-specs have ruined character builds. Everyone wants be everything on one avatar. But the damage is done... 

And ele has both a staff and a wand(scepter). 

What is your point? You want to delete all elite specs?

Elite specs offer a new playstyle with the same basic theme of the class. Like this more players can find something fitting for them. 

On 4/12/2022 at 7:18 PM, Tukaram.8256 said:

You're an odd one you are. Technically necromancer, mesmer and elementalist are "mages" but elementalist had daggers from the start and was never a mage in the way you probably think. In gw1 you wield any weapon you wanted, it had no impact on spells so not even gw1 ele was limited to being gandalf in that sense. 

• Like 1

Easy list:

1) instant or close animation on more than 80% of skills

2) mobility on short CD

3) Stability

4) Great condi clear

5) Good dmg coefficients 

6) Good defensive options like blocks or stealth 

Hmm...basically a ranged ele spec based on  GW2 gameplay like other professions  and not Dark Souls hard mode

12 hours ago, Serephen.3420 said:

You're an odd one you are. Technically necromancer, mesmer and elementalist are "mages" but elementalist had daggers from the start and was never a mage in the way you probably think. In gw1 you wield any weapon you wanted, it had no impact on spells so not even gw1 ele was limited to being gandalf in that sense. 

In GW1 we did damage and staves were good.

8 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Easy list:

1) instant or close animation on more than 80% of skills

2) mobility on short CD

3) Stability

4) Great condi clear

5) Good dmg coefficients 

6) Good defensive options like blocks or stealth 

Hmm...basically a ranged ele spec based on  GW2 gameplay like other professions  and not Dark Souls hard mode

You also forgot about overstacked utility skills on low cooldowns, high boon uptime with 0 investment, useful elite skill, kitten load of evades dealing 10k+ dmg.
That would make Ele a barely competetive spec with others.

Name is too close to cataclyst...

Attunements would share the same pool of 2 ammos with a global recharge rate of 10s.
But each attunement give a strong bonus when you swap to it and longbow is not made trash tiers to compensate for having more skills and 1200 range as you can't swap as freely between the 4 attunements.

3 hours ago, Serephen.3420 said:

In gw1 our damage didn't care about what weapon we used.

Not exactly true considering there were a lot of ways to optimize your Ele's loadouts with +20% enchant backup weps and 40/40 or 40/20+1 sets which did require a Wand/Focus.

40 minutes ago, Sena.2761 said:

Not exactly true considering there were a lot of ways to optimize your Ele's loadouts with +20% enchant backup weps and 40/40 or 40/20+1 sets which did require a Wand/Focus.

I'm talking about skills and such did not require a staff, and you could customise gold weapons to be good enough for the job with having to have a staff. You could easily have a focus offhand and spear mainhand. Which was quite popular back in the voltaic spear days.

Regardless eles still do good damage, but the issue here is the difficulty vs reward or risk vs reward that is a more noticeable issue than in gw1.

Edited by Serephen.3420

4 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

GW1 elementalist and GW2 elementalist should not be used in the same sentence..the gw2 variant is utter trash/garbage/joke by comparison

I know. My favorite avatar in GW. My first in GW2, and he is horrid. I got him to 80 and never liked him. I cannot remember the last time I played him... what a shame. 😎

On 4/12/2022 at 6:18 AM, Tukaram.8256 said:

I do agree on one point of they could somehow make me a able to wield both sword and staf d on ele it greatly bolster my morale.

I definitely don't want ele to be given a longbow in place of proper improvements to staff and scepter, but I did brainstorm a possible longbow ele when thinking about a way to rework conjures. At first I thought it might be better if conjures were removed from core and a conjuration elite spec added. When I noticed how much the concept was starting to resemble Archer the longbow seemed like a natural fit.

The concept for the longbow skills is that the 1 skills all simply shoot a typical elemental arrow by default, but the 2-4 skills would instead conjure an elemental weapon and perform an appropriate skill. While you're holding this weapon your 1 skill would then change to an auto chain with the held weapon and your 5 skill would become a skill to launch the weapon as a projectile. My thought is that the 2-4 skills would all use ammo and possibly have an increased recharge if launched with 5 so that there's a different payoff for launching the weapon vs simply recalling it by either changing element or conjuring another weapon. When you don't have a conjured weapon the 5 skill would likely add ammo to the current element's skills, with a shared cooldown across all elements.

The weapons would be elementally-forged replicas of weapons from the GW universe. For example an earth skill might be called Pale Thorn and summon a replica of Caladbolg with some condi hate.