Prototype XJ-1 (Gang War of Echovald) "Get behind something!"

10 minutes ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Not really, people just instant rez, rush back to the boss and fail the mechanic again. I talking about a timeout like when you die in fractals or dungeons. People might actually watch the mechanics, see what people who do to not die do and learn.  I just want thr playerbase to evolve past npc level of ai.

I don't think they're trying to fail.  They probably just aren't familiar with the mechanics and aren't sure how to get where they need to be.  That's why we're sharing strategies on how to handle the mechanics. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I don't think they're trying to fail.  They probably just aren't familiar with the mechanics and aren't sure how to get where they need to be.  That's why we're sharing strategies on how to handle the mechanics. 

Except you have people explaining the mechanics prior to the boss fight and during it.  This also includes call outs to get ready to move and when to move.

I think a lot of people are just used to stacking on a boss and eating damage from attacks/mechanics as those around them can just revive them.

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Confused 2

On 4/11/2022 at 7:00 PM, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Not really, people just instant rez, rush back to the boss and fail the mechanic again. I talking about a timeout like when you die in fractals or dungeons. People might actually watch the mechanics, see what people who do to not die do and learn.  I just want thr playerbase to evolve past npc level of ai.

That sounds like the SW/Marionette lane debuff. I don't think it has done much good there so it is hard to believe it will perform much better elsewhere.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2022 at 1:37 AM, Veprovina.4876 said:

Look, i have a low spec PC where stuff like this:

https://imgur.com/qtKrURK

happens constantly. Is it really that hard to grasp that sometimes stuff doesn't render? 

Like, how many times do i have to explain that i sometimes don't see where to go and that 4 seconds aren't enough for me to extrapolate where the freaking arms were (if i can even see them hit that is), and guess where everything is supposed to render?

Even with clear visual indicators it's cutting really close and people can't sometimes make it to the cover in time.

But on low end PCs, it's worse.

Luckily, infusion vomit and huge spell effects get priority when rendering, so sometimes the engine just forgets to render the boss stuff. Neato!

I mean, I have the same issue because I'm playing on a laptop but its still fairly easy to get behind a trash pile, I did die to it the first few times but after I realized I should just zoom out entirely and look where the boss slams its massive arms, it became really easy, because I can immediately see where the trash pile is even with 5fps power point slideshow, so I just run to it pre-emptively

btw I don't want this to come off as toxic, just wanted to say my point to a few month old post I found

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Unanimous.1486 said:

I mean, I have the same issue because I'm playing on a laptop but its still fairly easy to get behind a trash pile, I did die to it the first few times but after I realized I should just zoom out entirely and look where the boss slams its massive arms, it became really easy, because I can immediately see where the trash pile is even with 5fps power point slideshow, so I just run to it pre-emptively

btw I don't want this to come off as toxic, just wanted to say my point to a few month old post I found

and there are only 4 possible locations. The two in the middle seems to be used more often.

On 4/11/2022 at 3:37 PM, Veprovina.4876 said:

Look, i have a low spec PC where stuff like this:

https://imgur.com/qtKrURK

happens constantly. Is it really that hard to grasp that sometimes stuff doesn't render? 

Like, how many times do i have to explain that i sometimes don't see where to go and that 4 seconds aren't enough for me to extrapolate where the freaking arms were (if i can even see them hit that is), and guess where everything is supposed to render?

Even with clear visual indicators it's cutting really close and people can't sometimes make it to the cover in time.

But on low end PCs, it's worse.

Luckily, infusion vomit and huge spell effects get priority when rendering, so sometimes the engine just forgets to render the boss stuff. Neato!

Honest Question:Does your PC meet the MSR for the game?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

Jesus guys, it's a necro thread, let it go.

And yes, it meets the recommended requirements and above.

It's not my fault Anet can't code their engine properly.

It's gotten better with DX11 but they still have a ways to go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Jesus guys, it's a necro thread, let it go.

And yes, it meets the recommended requirements and above.

It's not my fault Anet can't code their engine properly.

It's gotten better with DX11 but they still have a ways to go.

I get the it's a necro thread but I was curious if indeed the screenshot was taken on a PC that meets the MSR's, and you do frequent the forums currently.
Where I used to work, putting up those graphics on a box that met MSR's would have been a real no-no so I was curious. Clearly that spot you screenshotted was far enough from the WP that the floor should have loaded, and unless there's another issue with your rig other than being a potato, something is up.

1 hour ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

As a matter of fact mine does not(for EoD anyway) but I haven't had any problem with that fight except the first time when I didn't know what was going on.

Although the SSD probably more than meets the "55GB available HDD space" requirement

11 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

As a matter of fact mine does not(for EoD anyway) but I haven't had any problem with that fight except the first time when I didn't know what was going on.

Although the SSD probably more than meets the "55GB available HDD space" requirement

The SSD overcomming the issue points more to a problem with @Veprovina.4876's system as if there is a ram issue and a slow hard drive.

Interesting, thanks

On 4/9/2022 at 2:18 PM, Allen.9310 said:

Okay, so this seems to be an ongoing trap for many players. Kestrel Ayumi will warn players to get behind something. Between her warning and one shot clap, there's only a few short seconds, leaving players who can't find trash out in the open and rip to them. 

There's a trick for seeing the trash early. XJ-7 starts it's "hand clap" on 3rd part. First, make sure camera is panned out to see entire boss and most of field. The boss will extend it's arm then pound it's fist straight down. (It's technically a grab, looks like fist.) Once hand lifts, trash will be under, giving players a chance to work there way over before warning. Just make sure to keep dpsing while gravitating close to the trash.

Good luck! Maybe this will reduce dead player count 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼.

It's not a few seconds, it's 15. I timed it. Players die to it because they ignore it not because they don't have time.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

I get the it's a necro thread but I was curious if indeed the screenshot was taken on a PC that meets the MSR's, and you do frequent the forums currently.
Where I used to work, putting up those graphics on a box that met MSR's would have been a real no-no so I was curious. Clearly that spot you screenshotted was far enough from the WP that the floor should have loaded, and unless there's another issue with your rig other than being a potato, something is up.

You mean the Arborstone screenshot? Yeah, sometimes that happens, not really sure what to think.

I have an SSD as well, so maybe somehing messes up during loading idk.

It's rare enough that it's not unplayable, but sometimes it means that stuff doesn't get loaded when it should. 

There's also some LOD issues at specific points, like in the Ankka Strike at the end, the whole walls are super low res unless i go right up to them, and sometimes that also happens in the junkyard in the Echovald map.

I think it's time Anet updated the minimum requirements because my recomended requirements aren't really enough to run the game smoothly. It runs the game, sure, but yeah...

Or... There's nothing wrong with anything on my end, and this might be happening because of the DX11 switch.

For the longest time, WvW looked like a circus with random shader maps and textures all over the place.

So, while i get better performance than i got with DX9, DX11 does have its issues still maybe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1