When does end of dragons release?

Creativity.3816

Hello, from the game modes player versus player and world versus world. 

Does anyone know when end of dragons will be releasing stuff for the rest of the game.

There have been no significant changes to these game modes since the first half of 2020. So for clarification, that would be roughly two years of nothing new. Both game modes are stagnating on both NA and EU servers, and it is very clear to see player activity has declined heavily. 

I was wondering if anyone had an idea when the other two out of the three game modes will be updated with end of dragons content. 

Thanks.

• Like 8
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

I have sympathy for you feeling of neglect, and possible sarcasm, but I'm pretty sure that the answer is going to be that the new elite specs are the only expansion contributions to pvp and wvw.  Alliances are still in the pipeline for wvw but not really tied to the expansion.  So, don't hold your breath!

Edited by blp.3489
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

They added an EoD reward track for PvP and and WvW, and... that's it. That's the show.

I hope they get rolling with alliances soon so they can fix some of the long-standing issues in those modes and maybe give you guys some new thematic maps and rewards. PvP and WvW aren't my primary modes, but it's about time they gave you guys something meaningful.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Zaraki.5784 said:

Rest of the game? What are you talking about?

Like you know how there are three game modes advertised for guild wars 2? Let me tell you a true story. 

Once upon a time, from unreal, to quake, to starcraft, and beyond.... valve, riot, epic games, and other things created esports. 

Guild Wars 2 also wanted to be esports, and it tried harder than almost any game before it could've tried. Arenanet actually put more money into esports advertising and prizes than it did into all of end of dragons development. 

Back then the spvp lobby was packed. It looked like lions arch does today. Twitch viewers were as high as World of Warcraft pvp, some times even higher. The scene was alive, but, after a while, competitive teams moved away from the game, esports slowly fizzled.

Arenanet poured money into a dream and had held their international tournaments, but with a mediocre spectator experience, it had little sticking power, it was all seemingly for naught. 

Finally, arenanet tries something new. They finally begin listening to the players. Heart of thorns releases, and ranked pvp is released. Top of the leader board is north of 2k elo. The game is fast paced, and fresh, with all the power creep of hot specs. Then nothing.... Few nerfs.... Then nothing... Some more nothing.... Then pof comes out, and suddenly its season 28 and the balance feels the same as it was in season 10.... It's just bad. Nobody at the company addresses any of the glaring issues. Nobody at arenanet ever looks at - let alone touches the game mode. Everyone quits. 

Fast forward to today, end of dragons is marketed decently, and the anticipation for player vs player game modes is high again. Many players return to the game, in 2021 with promises made to support what arenanet now considers "core pillars of the game". A part of the games identity even. 

It turns out to be all just words. Empty promises. Emptiness. And that's what you see in guild wars 2 now. The pve content lasted everyone a month or two, and now everyone's gone. No significant changes since 2020. All the unkept promises feel like lies. Forums all say the same thing. 

On arenanets end, player numbers are going up. Expansion is selling. Money is being made. For everyone else who enjoyed the game before, it is dying due to neglect. Business administration trumps game design philosophy.

Blizzard killed wow by not updating shadowlands for 3-6 month periods at a time, and now arenanet is doing the same thing. The next patch is June. What do we do until then?

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Ariurotl.3718 said:

They didn't promise anything for these modes at EoD launch and that's exactly what was delivered.

What do you do until then? Play it as it currently is or, and hear me out here, play something else. There are OTHER GAMES!

so? Doesn't change the fact that 2 of the 3 modes in this game desperately need more content 

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Creativity.3816 said:

t turns out to be all just words. Empty promises. Emptiness. And that's what you see in guild wars 2 now. The pve content lasted everyone a month or two, and now everyone's gone. No significant changes since 2020. All the unkept promises feel like lies. Forums all say the same thing.

On arenanets end, player numbers are going up. Expansion is selling. Money is being made. For everyone else who enjoyed the game before, it is dying due to neglect. Business administration trumps game design philosophy.

Blizzard killed wow by not updating shadowlands for 3-6 month periods at a time, and now arenanet is doing the same thing. The next patch is June. What do we do until then?

I can undersand the hate but this is ridiculous.

Of course people in the forums complains, that's their stuff. People in the forum also says Firebrand is a bad pve specialization, Elementalist is unplayable in WvW/PvP and Bladesowrn is literally worst than core Warrior. That's what people in the forums do.

Empty promises? I see the 2021 roadmap was fullfilled, didn't it? So did the promised expansion, whether you like it or not. No significant changes since 2020? If you play PvP only, sure maybe the game hasn't changed a lot for you in a while, but for every player with legendary items the game changed in terms of QoL the same day legendary armory was added.

You have a """new""" Living World episode in less than a week. Probably that doesn't work for you because you only play one gamemode, but that is your problem. Is obvious they are going to focus the main player base. You still have that episode and everything else available regardless.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Creativity.3816 said:

Like you know how there are three game modes advertised for guild wars 2? Let me tell you a true story. 

Once upon a time, from unreal, to quake, to starcraft, and beyond.... valve, riot, epic games, and other things created esports. 

Guild Wars 2 also wanted to be esports, and it tried harder than almost any game before it could've tried. Arenanet actually put more money into esports advertising and prizes than it did into all of end of dragons development. 

Back then the spvp lobby was packed. It looked like lions arch does today. Twitch viewers were as high as World of Warcraft pvp, some times even higher. The scene was alive, but, after a while, competitive teams moved away from the game, esports slowly fizzled.

Arenanet poured money into a dream and had held their international tournaments, but with a mediocre spectator experience, it had little sticking power, it was all seemingly for naught. 

Finally, arenanet tries something new. They finally begin listening to the players. Heart of thorns releases, and ranked pvp is released. Top of the leader board is north of 2k elo. The game is fast paced, and fresh, with all the power creep of hot specs. Then nothing.... Few nerfs.... Then nothing... Some more nothing.... Then pof comes out, and suddenly its season 28 and the balance feels the same as it was in season 10.... It's just bad. Nobody at the company addresses any of the glaring issues. Nobody at arenanet ever looks at - let alone touches the game mode. Everyone quits. 

Fast forward to today, end of dragons is marketed decently, and the anticipation for player vs player game modes is high again. Many players return to the game, in 2021 with promises made to support what arenanet now considers "core pillars of the game". A part of the games identity even. 

It turns out to be all just words. Empty promises. Emptiness. And that's what you see in guild wars 2 now. The pve content lasted everyone a month or two, and now everyone's gone. No significant changes since 2020. All the unkept promises feel like lies. Forums all say the same thing. 

Wasn't the story basically :

Anet: let's do esport!

Chrono: O M E G A L U L   N O!! 

19 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

I hope they get rolling with alliances soon so they can fix some of the long-standing issues in those modes and maybe give you guys some new thematic maps and rewards. PvP and WvW aren't my primary modes, but it's about time they gave you guys something meaningful

read it with a bit of irony...............................

yes finally.... you can not know how much we finally like a little moral support even from you guys of the pve mode (kitten you who have always got a lot of new content)

it is a joy for us to see that you are on our side ( kitten if I find you around on a borderland I slice you with my bloody axes )

after all our community of wvw players are always very balanced and constructive even with all the others who prefer different modes (if only I could get my hands on you) 😁

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

yes finally.... you can not know how much we finally like a little moral support even from you guys of the pve mode

Don't worry, no sarcasm. I don't have to engage with PvP or WvW to understand that they're two of the three primary game modes in GW2 and that there are a number of people who enjoy them even if I don't. Development on those things isn't going to hurt PvE because they have their own teams (and because there's player crossover between modes), so I absolutely support resources going toward improving  and expanding PvP and WvW content.

58 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

if I find you around on a borderland I slice you with my bloody axes

If you find me in a borderland, please end my suffering. Axes sound like a great choice for the task.

• Haha 3