Trying to find a strike group is sapping all the fun of this game

Just now, Luci.7018 said:

And currently in this LFG  as we said , you welcome anyone , so with an auto youwill the same

So what you're asking for is already in the game. Make your group and welcome everyone. It was already said in this thread multiple times and you keep avoiding it for some reason.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Nice out of context screenshot. Conveniently completely avoiding the fact that it is a screenshot/post/meme made specifically from "everyone welcome" group, which is specifically the experience you're asking for in this thread. 🤔

Oh we are avoid the part about the left side of the pic ?

"Only pros , others will be flamed"

We could avoid these messages with an Tier or auto:)

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So what you're asking for is already in the game. Make your group and welcome everyone. It was already said in this thread multiple times and you keep avoiding it for some reason.

Minus the accidentaly joining , or that you need external information about what is going in the game .

Where a auto-system can guide more easily people

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

You can kick people from a group finder but not pvp so that is the difference.

It would also stop the other problem with this game which is people selling raids and strike missions. 

But then instead of playing with like minded players, everyone gets thrown together. Speed runners with casuals. Then instead of casuals joining chill groups, the get kicked from the speed run group the the auto-lfg put them in and have to re-queue. 

That is the beauty of our system currently. Everyone can form a group and tackle instanced content the way they want to.

Also, selling raids and strike missions isn't really an issue. Like who is that hurting?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luci.7018 said:

Oh we are avoid the part about the left side of the pic ?

"Only pros , others will be flamed"

What? Thsi is not even the picture you've linked before and I quoted/responded to 🤨

We could avoid these messages with an Tier or auto:)

Avoid what messages? You want to pit random new players with themselves in a higher-difficulty content, pretend they'll be suddenly able to skip the learning process and somehow swap to any build the group needs/wants and now... you think in that completely random environment everyone will be a saint?

Sorry, but just like before, none of that is based on anything factual.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Minus the accidentaly joining

What "accidentally joining"? Just read who the squad is looking for and join accordingly. Or -again- make and advertise your own squad and fill it as you see fit. What's the problem with that?

,or that you need external information about what is going in the game .

The game will play and require exactly the same things it does at this moment, not sure what you're trying to imply here.

It can't, it has already been pointed out in the previous posts and you keep dodging, because you don't know how to solve it 🤷‍♂️

tl;dr both new and experienced players are free to create and andvertise their groups with any requirements they want. Pretending that somehow only experienced players can do it, which somehow is supposed to lock newer players from the content is a false narrative you're drawing throughout this thread.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Minus the accidentaly joining , or that you need external information about what is going in the game .

How do you accidentally join a squad? 

In GW2 a profession can fill multiple roles. Like Engi can be DPS, Quick/Alac DPS or Healer, how do you make an auto-LFG around this? I join the squad by queuing as a healer I can still swap to DPS...

1 hour ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

But then instead of playing with like minded players, everyone gets thrown together. Speed runners with casuals. Then instead of casuals joining chill groups, the get kicked from the speed run group the the auto-lfg put them in and have to re-queue. 

That is the beauty of our system currently. Everyone can form a group and tackle instanced content the way they want to.

Also, selling raids and strike missions isn't really an issue. Like who is that hurting?

The selling hurts people who are forced to pay for a raid to get the kill proofs to then strike or raid normally.

If you have a group finder people will assume you are a noob and people will que to help others strike or raid like what happens in other games.

Honestly all I want is a redo of the LFG system since I want to see all active parties rather than having to go though the filters to try and find a group. Some Open World content spans multiple maps like bounties so why not have large LFG so I can see when a group is doing it.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

The selling hurts people who are forced to pay for a raid to get the kill proofs to then strike or raid normally.

Instead of paying for Raid clears to join high KP groups maybe join squads not asking for KP? Seriously, there are squads on both Raid and Strike LFG not asking for any KP.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Instead of paying for Raid clears to join high KP groups maybe join squads not asking for KP? Seriously, there are squads on both Raid and Strike LFG not asking for any KP.

True but try saying that to the people who buy strikes or raids. I mean I for one don't even want to play the content due to it being to time consuming to get a group. I would enjoy a group finder. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Really, nobody is somehow forced to pay for any clears to start playing it.

21 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

If you have a group finder people will assume you are a noob and people will que to help others strike or raid like what happens in other games.

If that's what you think, then there should be nothing in the way of you creating a squad and advertise it as "new player", "training run" or whatever else like that. Why do you think random people would assume exactly what you want them to assume, but creating a squad and literally telling other players what you expect (or what they should expect) is bad? I don't get it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Really, nobody is somehow forced to pay for any clears to start playing it.

If that's what you think, then there should be nothing in the way of you creating a squad and advertise it as "new player", "training run" or whatever else like that. Why do you think random people would assume exactly what you want them to assume, but creating a squad and literally telling other players what you expect (or what they should expect) is bad? I don't get it.

This is just my opinion, again I probably won't ever raid with the current system. I strike now and then but I don't think I will CM. 

I work full time so I don't have time to wait for people to organise it. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I work full time so I don't have time to wait for people to organise it. 

It would probably take the same amount of time to create a random squad for random players through current lfg as it would take to randomly queue and wait for 9 other random players to join, right? You advertise your group in lfg and do whatever you want while people join. In comparison you'd queue and wait for other 9 people to queue too. Isn't it the same amount of time and level of organization (which in this case is probably none?)? Or is there something I'm missing again here?

The main difference I see here is that in case of automatic queue, you'd need to count to rng into people having the same expectations as you. Meanwhile in lfg you can literally tell people what you expect from them or what they can expect from the group they're joining.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

These comments are sad and out of touch from the new player experience. (In response to the first half of the first page)

Admittedly, I am too scared to join other peoples groups unless it says "training" or "all welcome". I find it daunting that I have to play a specific way that has no objective measure. For instance if someone is looking for damage per second (dps), what does that exactly mean? That I do 10k dps? 15k? 20k? 30k? Literally no one has a consistant concrete answer from the next person.

Or if someone says they want a specific role: what if I'm not giving enough of that boon? Am I doing good healing? Will I be kicked? Now I feel like I'm on a rope that I have to balance on. Focusing more on my role than the mechanics of the encounter.

I find the community extremely frustrating. The normal mode of eod strikes have looking for group advertisements with expectations. The community wants people to get better, but at the same time to not have a place to get better.

I also find it frustrating when people say to look at guides on strike mechanics because it's extremely disconnected from a typical gaming experience. Who watches a guide on any game before entering a fight? Literally no one looks at a guide instead of experiencing something for the first, second, third time.
If you're completely unsure about the mechanics even though you experienced it then I can see a guide being very useful.

Now, of course Anet can also be at fault when it comes to the new player experience. For instance, anet could do a better job at edging people towards more specific roles like a heal support, damage, boon support or a hybrid of the roles, etc. So that instanced content runs become a lot smoother.

Or, I'm maybe wrong, but anet doesn't seem to do a good job in introducing basic mechanics in the story mode, whom the majority of people play. I think this because you generally don't have to care about the mechanic. Story instanced content needs a better way to simulate the player-to-player instanced pve content. For example,  encouraging people in story mode strikes to spread out or to move away from the group if you have fire/Icey borders on screen, etc.

Anet could also be at fault at the fact that literally anyone, as long as they are level 80, can go from open world then straight to raids. I think anet needs to find a way that locks the absolute hardest content behind doing the ramp up to the hardest content.

Overall, I would expect people to allow anyone to join normal strikes, whereas for challange mode anything, high tier fractals I think you can gate keep as much as you want because it requires some level of experience of mechanics to progress the content.

Also, I send this question off to everyone here

What world would you rather be in:

A world where the majority (casuals) of people play normal strikes, so they get better at the game?
Or a world where the minority of people play normal strikes, so they can get a quick kill?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It would probably take the same amount of time to create a random squad for random players through current lfg as it would take to randomly queue and wait for 9 other random players to join, right? You advertise your group in lfg and do whatever you want while people join. In comparison you'd queue and wait for other 9 people to queue too. Isn't it the same amount of time and level of organization (which in this case is probably none?)? Or is there something I'm missing again here?

The main difference I see here is that in case of automatic queue, you'd need to count to rng into people having the same expectations as you. Meanwhile in lfg you can literally tell people what you expect from them or what they can expect from the group they're joining.

I don't really know the solution to my problem, I just don't engage with the current system because it takes to long. 

I don't have the knowledge to start and run my own raid group, I don't mind joining a training run but I'm never actively looking for one or online when my guild does it.

Meh this is a pointless topic since I want a group finder but I have no idea if it would fix my problem. 

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, BumboJumbo.1308 said:

These comments are sad and out of touch from the new player experience. (In response to the first half of the first page)

Admittedly, I am too scared to join other peoples groups unless it says "training" or "all welcome". I find it daunting that I have to play a specific way that has no objective measure. For instance if someone is looking for damage per second (dps), what does that exactly mean? That I do 10k dps? 15k? 20k? 30k? Literally no one has a consistant concrete answer from the next person.

Or if someone says they want a specific role: what if I'm not giving enough of that boon? Am I doing good healing? Will I be kicked? Now I feel like I'm on a rope that I have to balance on. Focusing more on my role than the mechanics of the encounter.

I find the community extremely frustrating. The normal mode of eod strikes have looking for group advertisements with expectations. The community wants people to get better, but at the same time to not have a place to get better.

I also find it frustrating when people say to look at guides on strike mechanics because it's extremely disconnected from a typical gaming experience. Who watches a guide on any game before entering a fight? Literally no one looks at a guide instead of experiencing something for the first, second, third time.
If you're completely unsure about the mechanics even though you experienced it then I can see a guide being very useful.

Now, of course Anet can also be at fault when it comes to the new player experience. For instance, anet could do a better job at edging people towards more specific roles like a heal support, damage, boon support or a hybrid of the roles, etc. So that instanced content runs become a lot smoother.

Or, I'm maybe wrong, but anet doesn't seem to do a good job in introducing basic mechanics in the story mode, whom the majority of people play. I think this because you generally don't have to care about the mechanic. Story instanced content needs a better way to simulate the player-to-player instanced pve content. For example,  encouraging people in story mode strikes to spread out or to move away from the group if you have fire/Icey borders on screen, etc.

Anet could also be at fault at the fact that literally anyone, as long as they are level 80, can go from open world then straight to raids. I think anet needs to find a way that locks the absolute hardest content behind doing the ramp up to the hardest content.

Overall, I would expect people to allow anyone to join normal strikes, whereas for challange mode anything, high tier fractals I think you can gate keep as much as you want because it requires some level of experience of mechanics to progress the content.

Also, I send this question off to everyone here

What world would you rather be in:

A world where the majority (casuals) of people play normal strikes, so they get better at the game?
Or a world where the minority of people play normal strikes, so they can get a quick kill?

I think literally everyone including myself can't be bothered. I'm happy experiencing the open world content and the meta events and calling it there. I even get flamed since I have called that end-game content since it is for me. 

Once upon I time I tried raids and hated it since it took way to much time to find a good pug group. Fractals are better and honestly that is the best candidate for a group finder.

Arg like I said a better LFG would be much better, I want to see the raid or strike groups asking for more people without having to camp the menu. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Meh this is a pointless topic since I want a group finder but I have no idea if it would fix my problem. 

What magic do you expect a group finder will include that the current LFG tools don't?
And why would you want something if you don't have any idea how it will work and if it will help?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

What magic do you expect a group finder will include that the current LFG tools don't?
And why would you want something if you don't have any idea how it will work and if it will help?

True, I just don't play the content so I wouldn't know. 

4 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I think literally everyone including myself can't be bothered. I'm happy experiencing the open world content and the meta events and calling it there. I even get flamed since I have called that end-game content since it is for me. 

Once upon I time I tried raids and hated it since it took way to much time to find a good pug group. Fractals are better and honestly that is the best candidate for a group finder.

Arg like I said a better LFG would be much better, I want to see the raid or strike groups asking for more people without having to camp the menu. 

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say you're not "bothered". Does that mean you can't be bothered playing content with new players? Or that strike content is not interesting to you? 

I honestly don't blame you when it comes to raids. Anet made content that went from 0 to 100 in difficulty with no bridge in between. So no new players are interested in the content because of this massive cliff in difficulty. The lack of people, or good people, is lacking because of this difficulty.

I think I would agree that a new lfg implementation that, for instance, allowed people to queue up would be good for the game. However, considering the complexity of the game and how every profession can do all roles depending on what stats, utility, weapon, traits, etc. I think it's difficult to pull off an automatic group finder. 

Anet has already tried doing the auto group finder with the ice brood saga strikes. That system doesn't seem to have been carried over to end of dragon strikes. Maybe it is entirely possible to make an auto group finder in the future, but considering the complexity of the game it probably won't happen.

11 hours ago, BumboJumbo.1308 said:

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say you're not "bothered". Does that mean you can't be bothered playing content with new players? Or that strike content is not interesting to you? 

I honestly don't blame you when it comes to raids. Anet made content that went from 0 to 100 in difficulty with no bridge in between. So no new players are interested in the content because of this massive cliff in difficulty. The lack of people, or good people, is lacking because of this difficulty.

I think I would agree that a new lfg implementation that, for instance, allowed people to queue up would be good for the game. However, considering the complexity of the game and how every profession can do all roles depending on what stats, utility, weapon, traits, etc. I think it's difficult to pull off an automatic group finder. 

Anet has already tried doing the auto group finder with the ice brood saga strikes. That system doesn't seem to have been carried over to end of dragon strikes. Maybe it is entirely possible to make an auto group finder in the future, but considering the complexity of the game it probably won't happen.

There are lots of reasons I don't engage with some of the end game systems mostly due to time constraints. I mean I'm happy getting into the top 250 players in pvp due to a group finder making the games a quick 20 minutes but I don't have 1 hour for a raid. Strikes like I said I did play since they were very quick.

I don't know the solution but a better LFG is a start. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

For starters , it put automatically people in their respected categories . On simple click and you don't have to guess  or join and getting kicked in something that you didn't know , like the OP .

Or when he comes in the forums ,he gets flamed , for trying joining the "pro groups" or "hardcore content"

Manual LFG should stay for the "experianced players" . Or they can use their friend list/guildmembers

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Luci.7018 said:

For starters , it put automatically people in their respected categories . On simple click and you don't have to guess  or join and getting kicked in something that you didn't know , like the OP .

Is this the point where I ask "through what magic does it identify and assign categories automatically" and you ignore it while quoting me and saying something inane?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Is this the point where I ask "through what magic does it identify and assign categories automatically" and you ignore it while quoting me and saying something inane?

Avoid joining  wrong group that they don't belong . It click and the algorithm will try to match you players that have some experience (PvP) . You don't need to have Alacr/Quickness

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Confused 1