Summer Changes for Revenant

Innocent.3861

9 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

You can say that all you want, but that's incorrect ... and that's why we are having this discussion to begin with because creating misinformation doesn't make your complaints about Rev performance any more compelling and only results in confusing players that don't know with alternate realities. 

Again, the point is that Anet is paying attention to what people play and making changes to classes if that doesn't align to how much they want it played. Why I know this? because they say so in the patch notes.

So now you telling me that anet says what they want rev to do again within patch notes and im incorrent again? I am still waiting for the answer besides 'whatever anet wants to do'. Me too dumbo to read patch notes, you gotta tell dumbo like me what they trying to accomplish with rev changes and it overall direction. Its all in patch notes after all

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

So now you telling me that anet says what they want rev to do again within patch notes and im incorrent again? I am still waiting for the answer besides 'whatever anet wants to do'. Me too dumbo to read patch notes, you gotta tell dumbo like me what they trying to accomplish with rev changes and it overall direction. Its all in patch notes after all

I've been VERY consistent in my messaging here. Here is that message again:

Anet provides the reason they make class changes in the patch notes. One of those reasons has typically been that a spec isn't played in the target range they want. Therefore, when enough people 'reroll characters', Anet can see that shift to see if a class change is needed to ensure it's played at a level they want. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I've been VERY consistent in my messaging here. Here is that message again:

Anet provides the reason they make class changes in the patch notes. One of those reasons has typically been that a spec isn't played in the target range they want. Therefore, when enough people 'reroll characters', Anet can see that shift to see if a class change is needed to ensure it's played at a level they want. 

So anet want warriors and revenant at bottom and guardian and necro at top? Bias is strong in this one

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That rework better be good. Killing Mallyx never was justified, attempts to kill Jalis never was justified either.

Leaving bug after bug, janky rework one after another, they're not consistent solutions at all.

Mallyx has 0 clears and dies to any poison without any compensation for the loss of old Resistance that countered the effects.

Jalis IR Stability has a gap in the Initial before pulses which shouldn't have been touched and they never acknowleged it. Forced Engagement was changed on the spot without any explanation.

So many changes on the fly that does more harm than good.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

So anet want warriors and revenant at bottom and guardian and necro at top? 

Something is always at the bottom, something is always at the top. Any reasonable person gets that. Is that what Anet wants? I do know that if Anet wants a class to be played an amount and it isn't ... they will make class changes to influence that. Why I know that? because they tell us in the patch notes. 

Again, providing people with misinformation about what Anet tells us they do and why isn't a soapbox for your dissatisfaction with Rev performance. They aren't related, at all. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Something is always at the bottom, something is always at the top. Any reasonable person gets that. Is that what Anet wants? I dunno ... but I do know that they tell us they make class changes if a spec doesn't meet their targets for how much they get played ... 

Again, providing people with misinformation about what Anet tells us they do and why isn't a soapbox for your dissatisfaction with Rev performance. 

The difference is huge. U can barely spot war or rev even in pve while necros and guardians are everywhere. Statistics confirms it as well. Also i dont provide any misinformation. Thats on you for saying everything is in patch notes and anet tells us all what stuff there

Also most important i dont even care about rev performance here despite you telling me this all the time. Ive already stated this is general problem not just rev one. Having broken class would be fun for a week then id get bored by playing on easy mode. I am in legit utter disbelief how a class without weapon swap can have 40cd on a weapon skill

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

The difference is huge. U can barely spot war or rev even in pve while necros and guardians are everywhere. Statistics confirms it as well.

OK ... the difference is huge. But my point has nothing to do with that so I 'm not discussing it with you. Here is my point again: 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Therefore, when enough people 'reroll characters', Anet can see that shift to see if a class change is needed to ensure it's played at a level they want. 

tldr anet want everyone reroll to guardian and necro. Most played, most buffed, nearly 0 nerfs. Devs being biased

Or maybe they just dont want some classes being played. Just like they regret making charrs as playable chars huh. Which one it is? Bias towards 2 or regret towards 7 other classes?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

TLDR: players can't read patch notes and make salty interpretations as bad complaints about Rev performance

tldr thats what anet patch notes says. If they wanted more versatily they would buff other classes and nerf guard n necro right? Its all in patch notes after all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

If they wanted more versatily they would buff other classes and nerf guard n necro right? 

Depends how much those classes are played and how much Anet wants them played. We do see that in the patch notes. We know that Anet tells us in the patch notes that if something isn't played to their targets, they do use class changes to influence that.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Depends how much those classes are played and how much Anet wants them played. We don't know either of those things. We simply know that Anet tells us in the patch notes that if something isn't played to their targets, they do use class changes to influence that. 

We know how popular classes are. In b4 not official info. Logging into game is enough to confirm that indeed war/rev are minority while guard and necro are everywhere. Guess anet is biased after all which patch notes confirm by nerfing all but guard/necro all the time.  And it makes sense cuz players from those classes would leave bringing down their revenue in process.

Problem will get deeper as more and more will roll those 2 classes instead of qutting to bring down concurrent users numbers instead

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

We know how popular classes are. In b4 not official info. Logging into game is enough to confirm that indeed war/rev are minority while guard and necro are everywhere. Guess anet is biased after all which patch notes confirm by nerfing all but guard/necro all the time.  And it makes sense cuz players from those classes would leave bringing down their revenue in process.

Problem will get deeper as more and more will roll those 2 classes instead of qutting to bring down concurrent users numbers instead

OK ... again, I'm not having a discussion about relative popularities of classes or why people play this more than that or 'versatility'. That was never the purpose of my posts. I'm especially not having that discussion with someone who claims they aren't trying to complain about relative class performance, yet still brings up things related to it 😉.

I'm simply correcting some misinformation you provided to someone by saying rerolling characters didn't matter to Anet. That's wrong. We know it does, based on the reasons they tell us they make changes in the in the patch notes. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Shao.7236 said:

That rework better be good. Killing Mallyx never were justified, attempts to kill Jalis never were justified either.

Leaving bug after bug, janky rework one after another, they're not consistent solutions at all.

lol May 11th was truly The-Mallyx-incident. I've never seen an entire condition get its functionality altered like that in response to a build xD I like the new torment better but oof where's that same energy when it comes to the green class???

Jalis stability gap is just a feature at this point, I accepted it when Anet graciously fixed the terrible "legend swap procs sigils" bug. FE nerf was just sad, like it feels like Anet is only comfortable with Shiro being the viable secondary legend for every build (and it's not even that good).

1 hour ago, Shao.7236 said:

Mallyx has 0 clears and dies to any poison without any compensation for the loss of old Resistance that countered the effects.

Jalis IR Stability has a gap in the Initial before pulses which shouldn't have been touched and they never acknowleged it. Forced Engagement was changed on the spot without any explanation.

So many changes on the fly that does more harm than good.

As a Herald boi 4 lyfe, I feel for you. Core Mallyx really got the worst of both worlds. (tho I've seen Vind Mallyx be ok??? I haven't tried myself so I can't say for sure)

Was looking through my last Crev rework topic and tbh all they'd have to do is make Resistance grant 3s Dark Aura on Fiendish Tenacity (instead of wack healing) and I'd be wayyy happier. Finally rounds out the Grandmaster corruption line to give some semblance of options.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

OK ... again, I'm not having a discussion about relative popularities of classes or why people play this more than that (especially with someone who claims they aren't trying to complain about relative class performance remember? 😉).

I'm simply correcting some misinformation you provided to someone by saying rerolling characters didn't matter to Anet. That's wrong. We know it does, based on the reasons they tell us they make in the in the patch notes. 

Show me where ive been complaining about class performance when i am talking about class popularity?  If anything my complains are about how it feels to play? Rev went from one of most fluid gameplay to simply a slug. Performance wise warrior needs the most help and entire rework to bring them on par. Cant wait for june patch to delete warriors off instanced contest with reworked banners. Gonna have good laugh

Also im not wrong about rerolling part. Losing player is different from keeping same player but on another class. MMO without people to play is dead. Wild Star says hello. As long people stay here and just reroll anet do not mind. Playerbase stays the same. If people quit game instead of rerolling they either get their kitten together and fix the mess with balance buddies devs or  shut down. This is common sense. Servers cost money, developing cost money. Nobody gonna put money from their own pocket to keep up the game for few remaining players

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

.As long people stay here and just reroll anet do not mind. 

That's obviously not true since Anet is making class changes because of spec not meeting or exceeding targets for how much they are played. I guess someone would need to read the patch notes to know that though. 😂

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 5

22 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That's obviously not true since Anet is making class changes because of spec not meeting or exceeding targets for how much they are played. I guess someone would need to read the patch notes to know that though. 😂

And i will bring your point here. You do not know that. You dont know what anet wants either. Bc you aint anet dev to speak on said matter. You just speculate like everyone else. How can u know if anet is making changes based on spec not meeting their target for how much they are played without any data to back it up? Patch notes dont say it either🥴

Yet we can safely say they nerf yet again everything to make EOD spec more appealing. $$$. Based on speculations and following what they buff and nerf within patch notes obviously.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

tldr thats what anet patch notes says. If they wanted more versatily they would buff other classes and nerf guard n necro right? Its all in patch notes after all.

It would just be enough to improve the others 🙂

There were many nerfs on the revenant but one of the worst that made the class very rigid was the sigil change on the legend exchange.

After that it's funny that in some games they try to increase the number of characters/classes and in gw2 they do everything to reduce to a certain number what remains playable by dint of nerfing that kills the game. The revenant is on the same slope as the warrior.

Edited by Angesombre.4630

15 minutes ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

And i will bring your point here. You do not know that.

So we don't know that Anet tells us why they make changes in the patch notes? That is wrong ... we do know because it's written in the notes, like a permanent record. ... and one of those reasons why is because specs don't hit their targets for how much they are played. 

There isn't a debate here ... these reasons ARE in the patch notes. no matter how much you want to deny it to make complaints about how Rev works or what it does. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 3

So I don't know that Anet tells us why they make changes in the patch notes? No, that's incorrect ... we do, because it's written in the notes, like a permanent record. 

Backpedaling again.

44 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Where they state how much they want x class to be played? Come back with quote and link

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Where they state how much they want x class to be played? 

I never said they stated what those targets are ... I said they tell us they are making changes and one of those reasons is because something is outside their target. I don't know what the target is ... I never claimed I did. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 3

I never said they stated what those targets are ... I said they tell us they are making changes and one of those reasons is because they want something played more or less. 

You do not that. It is not stated anywhere what class they want to be played and how much. Pure assumption on your part. They only say they nerf something bc they feel its "too strong"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

You do not that. It is not stated anywhere what class they want to be played and how much. 

Again, I never claimed Anet tells us what the targets are. I'm simply saying Anet tells us in the patch notes that not being in the target range is a reason they make class changes. So YES ... Anet DOES care what specs/builds/classes people are playing, otherwise they wouldn't be making game changes to affect what people play to begin with. Therefore, rerolling IS a effective way to send a message to Anet about what people like and dislike about a class.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Again, I never claimed Anet tells us what the targets are. I'm simply saying Anet tells us in the patch notes that not being in the target range is a reason they make class changes. 

Except they do not. They make changes based on feedback from biased players in private discord server 🙂

• Like 1