Summer Changes for Revenant

Innocent.3861

Do you guys think we're getting significant changes for Revenant in the coming Summer changes? I know that core warrior and core ranger are getting quickness and alacrity, but given that these are pretty significant changes, I would imagine that other classes are getting some things changed as well? What do you guys think?

• Confused 1

Just expect nothing but disappointment, mate. So when it comes, you are prepared. And if they enhance it will surprise you.

It's easier to say it than to do it, tho. When you love a thing so much you want it to be good. Even if you just expect disappointments you still hold a glare of hope. Then the time comes and the expectations were no surprising. And despite you already knew it, your little very minuscule pinch of hope you had to be wrong makes your disappointment even bigger than what the actual picture is.

Shame to have hope for rev. Shame to have love for rev.

Edited by Howluffu.7259
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

While mostly competitive, the last balance patch brought things that shows what they seem to be looking at.

I would expect to see probably a few changes to vindicator. As stupid as it is, I wouldn't be surprise to see them make the PvE version of GS5 match the PvP one.

That said, they've also mentioned wanting to make more tradition dps builds generate group might and fury. I wouldn't be surprised to see vindicator get some of this boon share. I would worry however that this would hurt Herald. Right now though, DPS Vindicator really offers nothing other than damage, and some stab if you run jalis, so personally i think it may be a contender for getting some of that mentioned might/fury.

I would also expect to see more changes, probably nerfs, for renegade. I feel like they really want to push renegade into the role of forcing you to be an alacrity bot.

I'm hoping that Herald will get the ability to actually generate 25 might on its DPS build though. That could really open it up to fit into groups well i think, especially if you want to run something like a heal scourge (or any full healer that doesn't have much boon gen, like staff tempest). Especially so with warrior getting quickness and ranger getting alacrity, we might see a lot more dps boon builds, and 25 might/fury/swift/prot on a dps build would be nice.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

The nerfs in sustain made power  Herald significatively worse in PvE (solo), so condi Renegade is now the way to go. Couldn't care less about instanced team gameplay: outside fractals the rewards are crap, way worse than OW/PvP, specially in the ghost lands of Cantha.

I can see ANet trying to further nerf Renegade and buff Vindicator, which would change nothing: my condi Willbender can put ~28 stacks of burns in less than 4 seconds and usually stack 12-20 might for himself . For context: it melts a veteran WvW hwarg in <5 seconds, or kill an awakened abomination before even rises the barrier, and that damage with the WB is while having 21K HP and over 3K armor and permanent +25% movement speed.  No need to waste time in power Rev builds while burn WB cruises PvE content like a bullet train...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I hope pve power herald gets a dps increase and/or some better utility. I also hope Pvp power herald gets a very minor buff to make up for the weapon sigil “bug” fix. For the most part though, PvP herald is great in both spvp and WvW.

I hope vindi gets something too, though I doubt I’d play it, I severely dislike the dodge mechanic, the novelty of which wore off rather quickly. Currently however it feels like it doesn’t offer much

I actually hope renegade gets reigned in a bit, unless of course everything else gets buffed to the point of renegade being on par, which then of course it can remain as is. I just don’t like renegade much and dislike the pressure to play it because it is so desired for everything currently. 

I hope Mallyx gets a bit of a tune up, same with Shiro. Both seem a little too costly for what they do.

Also a bit of a buff to hammer would be nice. Nothing crazy, but I’d like it to be useable outside of WvW zergs and not completely useless in melee range. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

Why the heck you guys even think they will nerf renegade even more when there are already plenty of specs which can outperform renegade easily (i have in mind raids and fract cms). Like straight up you wanna it end up as dead as herald is rn? ;-; And herald needs some serious CPR from anet to bring the spec back to life.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

More nerfs to core that they won't justify, especially for PvP. Jalis becoming unplayable, Mallyx is unplayable, Ventari in need of buffs, Kalla had the nerf bat just as hard as Mallyx in sustain, Herald is stale with so many oversights in the skills, Vindicator in need of so many inconsistency and bug fixes.

Where's Hammer 2 fixes? Why is GS3 not clear with it's tool tip? Why are Rev skills all slowly requiring LoS meanwhile I don't see any of those changes on other professions as of late. (Power Lock LoS on Mesmer was still a stupid change btw.)

So much JANK the further we go, Core has been getting the short end of the stick so much, it's only obvious that everything else is slowly going to be worst. I don't care for PvE, nobody ever tries to play anything else than meta anyway. I want my profession content to be playable, not nerfed. Considering NO ONE plays Core anyway but me and 2 other individuals in NA, it's insulting.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Esufer.8762 said:

i'd expect tree song to get yeeted into the sun

Delete Treesong, delete any of the sustain Vindicator has. It's "playable" in PvP and without any other ways to actually not die from condi spam at all as the sitting duck that it is.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

13 hours ago, soul.9651 said:

Why the heck you guys even think they will nerf renegade even more when there are already plenty of specs which can outperform renegade easily (i have in mind raids and fract cms). Like straight up you wanna it end up as dead as herald is rn? ;-; And herald needs some serious CPR from anet to bring the spec back to life.

The only way to force people to play Vindi without buffing Vindi is nerfing everything else. A more competitive Vindi will push sales of EoD,  whereas a strong core/Herald/Renegade will make people camp in the PoF expansion (which includes HoT). But I doubt they plan to buff Vindi since both Warrior and Ranger have priority (they have been neglected by longer, whereas Rev at least had a meta spec as alacrity sharing dude for a while). The jump is also extremely had to balance, because at 100 endurance unit cost is garbage, but with so much access to enhanced vigor between Retribution, Vindicator, sigils and rune combinations any cut will make the spec able to spam barrier and heals each few seconds. 

So don't discard things as Sevenshots going back to the botched state in which it was. Remember that they buffed Forced Engagement for no reasons just to finally end reverting the buffs back and in adition of HALVING the range of the skill. They recently buffed shortbow so now you cast Spiritcrush behind you, who says that they can't go and cut it to 450 range? 

My guess it that new nerfs are coming. And maybe new and unexpected bugs.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I do hope they work on a handful of things on Rev. Off the top of my mind:

Core:

Ventari: The legend has been immensely underrepresented in competitive modes. It still retains a lot of the same issues that have plagued it for so long. It was hit hard in the big competitive balance patch and lost its main niche, which was really insane healing, without ever receiving any compensation. Even during its peak it was never a top pick by any means. In sPvP specifically, the legend has been hit even harder due to it being a cheese knockback spammer without ever receiving any care for how it functions as a support. The knockback distance is an absolute mockery bastardization of the skill's intended purpose. It's a bit saddening to me because St Viktor just feels like ANet's bandaid and watered down solution to Ventari's problems: overtune its numbers and remove the fickleness of having to manage the tablets.

Mallyx: I want them to revisit how exactly the change to resistance affected the legend's identity. The change to the boon was so lazy; to blanket change how a boon works and to barely touch those skills/traits that were built around it is such an unfortunately careless approach. 

Hammer: Yeah, it is effective for its role in WvW. I get that it's cool to have a good weapon for that. But when that is really the only  niche it has in terms of realistic power, I take issue with it. I don't think it needs that much. Most notably though, CoR needs to hit more reliably and not be such a victim to faulty terrain. I also think Hammer 5 could use a shorter cast time considering it does no damage. 

Healing Orbs: These traits crowd up the Salvation traitline and are incredibly impractical to use outside of content where you aren't moving much. I want to see a complete removal of these from the class (including from staff) and a redesign of their respective traits. 

Herald:

I think it mostly needs help in PvE to secure its niche. As that is not my game mode of expertise, I'm going to refrain from commenting too much on the specifics, but I have seen some good suggestions for this. In competitive, it has quite good representation as a DPS, but is sorely lacking in terms of dedicated support. I wouldn't be upset if they toned down Vindicator's group support potential and funneled that into Herald. I feel like Vindicator and Herald kinda step on each other's toes in that regard. I have been suggesting for YEARS now that it needs to function better as a heal support than it currently does, but the kit is just not there. All it does is provide passive gameplay that doesn't provide enough impact to make it worthwhile. What (numerical) potential it had was massively hit by the Feb 2020 balance patch and the nerf to Draconic Echo/10-man facets.

I would like to see shield get some love. Shield 4 follows in Ventari's footsteps in that it is overcomplicatedly designed when attempting to support moving allies. 

Renegade:

Honestly I don't really think it needs many changes, but I have a bias against this elite spec and particularly Kalla, which I hope never gains relevance in competitive modes again.

Vindicator:

Frankly I haven't played Rev much since EoD. Not that I necessarily dislike Vindicator, but just that I've been enjoying other classes. With that said, the Alliance stance feels...unfinished? Lacking cohesion and a fully realized vision? I would like to see them tone down the dodge power and give them back 2 dodges that require 50 endurance. We can see it's possible with Daredevil, and we see how horribly a single dodge impacted Mirage. Why was no lesson learned?

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

I would be surprised if it wasn't just more blanket nerfs to our weapons and utilities acrossed the board.  As well internal cooldowns slapped onto our traits (More than we already have) and maybe energy increases for most skills. I also think our healing will be halved, our access to boons cut and likely our mobility toned down. 

Maybe not all at once but over time I see these happening, because I honestly feel like and this is coming from a rev player who has had it as a main and one of the only characters I actively play (Outside of warrior oddly enough) That this class is unwanted by the development team and this is all a ploy to get us to jump ship so they can safely remove it with little more than a whimper.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Gs5 revised in competitive, cast time change and or damage buff. Make the area of all 3 vindicator dodge variants a tad bigger. Give herald love in both damage and support. Yeet mace 3 into the sun and replace it with something that isn’t animation locked. Make spear of archimorus not suck so bad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Forceful persistence should be calculated multiplicatively instead of additively & on top it should work for condi dmg too. 

Its a nice buff for condi and power herald, if they decide to cut their booning in halve for dps. They still give a lot of boons for like 50% the time, but they still wont be a full dps spec.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I really hope they finish the animations for Vindicator for the patch. I consistently can't tell when I'm on my third 1 attack since it looks just like a normal auto, with Necro Reaper it is 100% obvious since you do a big ice swing.

Arche's nomad advance animation looks like you should be slamming your weapon onto the ground but your weapon just disappears during the animation.

Enough has been said about the greatsword 4 post-block animation.

GS 2 should also be some sort of slam animation.

Edited by TheSeraphim.7413
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6