Rework the gunsaber

Zekent.3652

It's uncomfortable, "kinda" clunky, and despite all of that, still mandatory for the spec, even removing our core weapon swap, to the "master of weaponry" 😀.

Gunsaber should've been created based on ranger's greatsword standars, should be fluid, 0 clunkyness, at least 1 good defensive skill (not just a 1s reflect...) since you're forcing us to have the gunsaber as our "main" weapon.

"With the Bladesworn we wanted to pay an homage to classic samurai films"
- ANet

^ Yeah... not sure about you guys, but the katanas on those films seems deadlier and more fluid than gunsaber is 😶

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

If that was what they were aiming for then there should be attacks with evasion frames AND attacks with full block frames with a devastating counter attack.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. The UW version of Blooming Fire needs to be baseline, 1/2s cast time with 3/4s evasion. Cyclone Trigger needs to be a full block. Breakstep should be 600 range and damage at both locations.

The minimum damage on Dragon Slash Force should be equal to a T1 Eviscerate. Max damage should be 3.0 scaling in competitive. Boost and Reach should be 33% and 66% weaker respectively.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

Yeah the samurai in the classic films I watch also shoot from their swords and take a beating to go down. Its not graceful dodging, spacing and timing. Its just ugh... sit and eat slashes and then boom - a scratch on the opponent. No1 is going down in 1 slash in those movies, ever.

They did get the shouting part right though. Not that they had to work much for it.

IMO fix war weapons and leave the gunsaber fixes for later on. There is work that war needs, which is long, long, long overdue.

• Confused 3

30 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Yeah the samurai in the classic films I watch also shoot from their swords and take a beating to go down. Its not graceful dodging, spacing and timing. Its just ugh... sit and eat slashes and then boom - a scratch on the opponent. No1 is going down in 1 slash in those movies, ever.

They did get the shouting part right though. Not that they had to work much for it.

IMO fix war weapons and leave the gunsaber fixes for later on. There is work that war needs, which is long, long, long overdue.

It will never come to pass. 

Studio focuses on other things, like making sure the expac will get milked which is fair, but I'm also certain they got the money to put into the game, but due to classic corporate agenda they won't cause who cares about us salty sweaty gamers. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think what we got now is not gonna change.

As for problems with the current implementation: I can't remember exactly if it's 2 overriding 3 or 4 overriding 3 or 3 overriding 4 (one or 2 of those skill), just cancelling out skill instead of queueing them, kinda frustrating when you're expecting the combo chain to go 3 - 4 - 3 but it's just 4 - 3, with the first skill 3 animation halfway cancelled and not applied just wasting time...   Anyway, I'm rambling, just play it and see, it's annoying.

On the topic of Bladesworn, Anet, please do SOMETHING about the utility skills!  For example, dragonspike mine is in competing slot with SIO and it just doesn't compare even if you make it 2x ammo, so just make it 2x ammo, so we can use one as DT reset, and have 1 saved as potential stunbreak, or backup dodge.  It still isn't replacing SIO in anything competitive, but at least makes it 100% more fun in PvE OW. (I'm fully aware that same can be said with utility skills of our other elite specs XD)

Edited by CaffeeCup.5742
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Studio focuses on other things, like making sure the expac will get milked which is fair, but I'm also certain they got the money to put into the game, but due to classic corporate agenda they won't cause who cares about us salty sweaty gamers. 

that's why politics is getting more and more involved. everybody pointed their fingers at me and laughed when I said lootbox system is gambling ages ago. but tbf, after installing eso ages later and see how agressively the game is monetized today with cringy main menu ads and stuff, bless anet. I take back all the nonsense I said about gemstore lol. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Well we know what the studio was focusing on 😂  they were developing new games to jump ship from gw2 lol. 

Well what was left of them. Didn't they fire like 800 staff total over PoFs duration? 

I think warriors will get changes the issue is I can see warriors getting bandaids applied to elite speccs. Instead of the core rework it needs. 

June 10th seems to be what they're hyping up so I imagine we will see plenty of changes question will be what do they break next. As we know there's gonna be 3 proffessions that will end up favoured afterwards 😂

• Thanks 1

yes.

and the sword need redesign as well

instead of a high cyberpunk inspired jade tech from cantha..this looks like some old steampunk made out of scrap too..

and looks like some low level starter weapon..

Edited by felix.2386
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

yes.

and the sword need redesign as well

instead of a high cyberpunk inspired jade tech from cantha..this looks like some old steampunk made out of scrap too..

and looks like some low level starter weapon..

It's not even jade scrap. Allegedly, the bullets are filled with Amber, which Arenanet said has lost most of its value.

Given this information, one can conclude that the specialization is filled with garbage, both gameplay-wise and in lore.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

yea i mean it's a forced weapon and part of elite spec mechanic and it is only one weapon..it should be at least on part with gem store items.

look at holo forge, reaper shroud's scythe and FB tomes...these are all incredibly good looking compared to this ugly starter weapon looking gunsaber

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 1