PvE Open World Legendary Armor Proposal (draft)

18 minutes ago, Dami.5046 said:

why does sPVP need legendary armour?  You can use 3 pieces of white gear and weapons. It's all about the amulet and rune.  

I didnt say they did. The person I quoted is interested in stat swapping and I am curious as to why since he describes a playstyle that will not benefit from it to any measurable degree.

As to PvP legendary armor....I dont know any9ne who PvPs who only PvPs. I do know that if I only PvPed I wouldnt get the armor because the other costs involved would be crazy for something I couldnt use.

So, I guess that the PvP armor is so that people who play both PvE and PvP, or WvW and PvP can continue to make progress toward legendary armor regardlesss of which of the three game modes they are playing in at the moment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I didnt say they did. The person I quoted is interested in stat swapping and I am curious as to why since he describes a playstyle that will not benefit from it to any measurable degree.

As to PvP legendary armor....I dont know any9ne who PvPs who only PvPs. I do know that if I only PvPed I wouldnt get the armor because the other costs involved would be crazy for something I couldnt use.

So, I guess that the PvP armor is so that people who play both PvE and PvP, or WvW and PvP can continue to make progress toward legendary armor regardlesss of which of the three game modes they are playing in at the moment.

So explain to me why a OW player who prefers OW but likes to pop into WvW now and again or even do a raid training shouldn't be able to have a set for their preferred  game mode so they can progress a set too?  Isn't that the same?

It doesn't wash with me that OW players are discriminated against in this way and told that you got 'exotic gear' be happy. I mean to be fair, if a pvper does OW as well by the logic here they still don't need the legendary set anyway. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

38 minutes ago, Dami.5046 said:

So explain to me why a OW player who prefers OW but likes to pop into WvW now and again or even do a raid training shouldn't be able to have a set for their preferred  game mode so they can progress a set too?  Isn't that the same?

It doesn't wash with me that OW players are discriminated against in this way and told that you got 'exotic gear' be happy. I mean to be fair, if a pvper does OW as well by the logic here they still don't need the legendary set anyway. 

If they are playing Raids, PvP, and/or WvW (as you mention) they already are making the progress you mention.  For that matter given enough time they can make progress in OW.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

On 4/26/2022 at 7:37 PM, Labjax.2465 said:

This is somewhat based on the WvW legendary armor set to be similar in spirit and I'm also just taking some generic components from it. Any numbers are rough draft concept, apart from copying those in WvW armor. I have not done the math part and leave that to people who enjoy math more.

Components for each piece (*names of new items are intentionally silly placeholder names, the proposal itself is serious):

(Gift of Taxiing)

1. 1,000 Glowing Egg Timer (acquired from successful completion of meta bosses, time-gated, more on this below)
  2. Eldritch Scroll (50 Spirit Shards)
  3. 50 Obsidian Shards
  4. Cube of Stabilized Dark Energy (1 Ball of Dark Energy, 75 Stabilizing Matrices)

(Gift of Tagging)

1. 100 Bottle of Adventurer's Sweat (acquired from completion of Events)
  2. 100 Bent Spoon (acquired from completion of Hearts, more acquired from repeatable Hearts in end-game zones)
  3. Certificate of Repetition (purchased with 50,000 Karma)
  4. Certificate of Reading Map Chat (purchased with 250 Proof of Getting Downed, acquired from Hero Points, either ones you haven't completed yet on the character or repeatable ones daily)

(Gift of Position Rewinding)

1. 100 Essence of Jump Dodging (acquired from Jump Puzzle final chests and can be traded with other players)
  2. 15 Mystic Clovers
  3. Gift of Condensed Might
  4. Gift of Condensed Magic

Precursor: A piece of Ascended Armor (the kind with the skin you would get from crafting or rare boxes, e.g. not including WvW ascended armor or the like)

Glowing Egg Timers Summary: I don't like time gates, but that's the trend with legendary armor, so what I propose is that an amount of these is awarded from the successful completion of each meta event through the daily chests*. These would also have a weekly limit, so you can still get your daily chests after you've hit the limit, but you can't get more Glowing Egg Timers after you've hit cap for that week. This would encourage you to do a higher variety of meta events each week, so you can reach your weekly cap more quickly.

*some metas would need daily chests added to them so they aren't left in the cold

Glowing Egg Timers Rotation: some metas award more Glowing Egg Timers on a daily rotation, so that more meta events get attention (e.g. people don't just do the easiest all week and ignore other metas).

Anticipated Questions:

"You have a currency from events, but there's already karma." Yep. A new one on top of karma that is specifically for legendary armor would avoid the problem of people with mounds of karma having a headstart, or newer players needing an obscene amount of karma to get even a single piece. I'm thinking of karma cost as the Badge of Honor equivalent currency.

"You don't have a nine part series of collections, is this even a legendary?" Collections aren't something I get much out of, so it's not something I want to put much thought into proposing as part of this. I'm focusing on what the components might look like, mostly. You're welcome to add ideas.

"This seems like a lot." I know, legendaries in this game are really something and I'm trying to model this after others.

"This seems like nothing and is too easy." I know, legendaries in this game are so easy and I'm making it even easier.

"Hey wait a minute, you're changing sides there." I know, some people they just can't be consistent, it's really something.

Your Thoughts: What are they? Keep in mind this is not meant to be a final draft type of proposal for the game, but something to chew on for possible design if they were to go this route and help move this conversation past yes/no. And on that note, please do add your thoughts about what could make this work. Please don't pollute the thread with debate about whether there should be an open world legendary armor.

Knowing Anet you you would need 100% map completion on all games, HOT, POF, EOD etc. You would need to combine all the pieces to form one gift and then combine that with 3 other gifts to make another gift that would be then used with X Icy Runestones, and you would need 2 other sections like COMPLETION of events, random materials. You make it cut and dry which is good but you def need to add multiple 4 craft tiers of  of the gifts. and then make it repeatable up to 6 times.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Legend of Rogue.5394 said:

Knowing Anet you you would need 100% map completion on all games, HOT, POF, EOD etc. You would need to combine all the pieces to form one gift and then combine that with 3 other gifts to make another gift that would be then used with X Icy Runestones, and you would need 2 other sections like COMPLETION of events, random materials. You make it cut and dry which is good but you def need to add multiple 4 craft tiers of  of the gifts. and then make it repeatable up to 6 times.

Just wondering why we are getting these nonsensical *lists* for a purposed PvE set when two of the sets available are pip based and aren't actually that hard to start with. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Dami.5046 said:

Not every one who does PvP get the legendary armor you know that? Why do you think is that the case? Also the demand is probably not there. Look how the one threat that puts a a rough outline of they needed commitment is the least visited by the pro Armor crowd. 

Anyways that is not a discussion about whether anet should do it or not. We have enough of them already. Its a discussion about a draft how it should look like if it gets implemented. Are you alright with the numbers posted here? Would you do something different? Is it to much grind and you rather farm 10 Sets of ascended gear instead of a legendary set? Another idea were the Armor should come from, so not every players sits in drizzlewood?

Edited by Albi.7250
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, Dami.5046 said:

Just wondering why we are getting these nonsensical *lists* for a purposed PvE set when two of the sets available are pip based and aren't actually that hard to start with. 

So not everyone farms drizzle wood for his PVE PIPS. 

Edited by Albi.7250
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

If this was made a thing would expect the precursors to be decently long collections (similar to the raid armour, requiring you to do certain events/activities/tasks), rather than just "do x number of events/hearts" etc.

It feels like people just want easy legendary armour that they can get with minimal effort, that's why we get threads with "we should get PvE armour by doing events!" because... they already always do events anyway, and want to get rewarded extra without doing anything for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Lottie.5370 said:

It feels like people just want easy legendary armour that they can get with minimal effort, that's why we get threads with "we should get PvE armour by doing events!" because... they already always do events anyway, and want to get rewarded extra without doing anything for it.

If we go off the PvP or WvW armor it would be a good idea to find an analog in OW which isn't included in gold farming. Gift of Might magic Eldtrich scroll etc. stay of course the same.

WvW Claim tickets/PvP league tickets:

Badges of honor/PvP League ticket:

Certificate of heroics/Ascended Shard of Glory:

Memories of battle/Shards of glory:

Gift of battle/Mist core fragment:

Lets start with Memories of battle/Shards of glory:

They are the farmable currency you get no matter what. An good analog is gathering as you can do that on any Map.

Lets say if you gather any random note you have a chance to find Aurenes wild magic<a 1 time item> that does send you to Taimi. Taimi explains to you that aurene magic is scattered around the world and we have to collect it. She gives you Aurene gathering tools that function like Volatile/Unbound Gathering tools and a Absorb badge(i come back to that later).  Looking at some other items in the wiki, you should need around 6000-10000 of aurenes magic per Piece(Like volotile magic).

Certificate of heroics/Ascended Shard of Glory:

Badge of absorption replaces expansion Hero point challenge loot with Aurenes Crystal and allows to commute with hero points to also get a crystal. That would have the added benefit to make Hero points trains more desirable and help players to unlock the elite specs. If you don´t wanna group at all you can test your Valor in battle against arrowhead in a solo match or just go for the hero points which only need to be found. There are a 100 Points in the expansion. Give it a daily cap of 30 or a weekly cap 200 otherwise player will burn themselves out doing them all. To be comparable you would need around 800 of these aurene shards(Hero points).

WvW Claim tickets/PvP league tickets:

The strongest time gate. There are 38 Different maps in Core+ expansions. I am excluding Living world as these are behind a gem purchase. Bottle of Adventurer's Sweat 4 per Event per week per map. Means a maximum of 152 Bottle of Adventurer sweat. To keep in line with WvW you would need 400 of those per Piece(faster then WvW if you try hard).

Badges of honor/PvP League ticket:

100 Essence of Jump Dodging I don't know about the numbers here as Jumping puzzle are hard to gage for me. I would like if someone who does them often could give some input.

Gift of battle/Mist core fragment:

1,000 Glowing Egg Timer actual seem a little to high probably 500-600 would be more comparable. An alternative would be any combination of 2 expansion map completion. Gift of battle and mist core fragment aren't that hard to get.

Glowing Egg Time1 per Hero chest meta event so at max 12 per day.

That way it encourages exploring and moving around the world. It also discourages Gold farming. If we put bonus loot on stuff like gathering or doing Event in queens dale I'm totally fine with it. I just don't want that Guild Wars Devolves to Gold farming the game.

Would that be a reasonable amount of effort? + the Precursor of course any ideas?

Edited by Albi.7250
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I like the idea of an OW PVE Legendary Armor set; however, I feel like the whole thing should be a grand adventure. 

Just a rough skeleton of what I was thinking:

You start off with a White Junk Item armor set that starts off a quest.

Builds up the rarities as you finish the collections/crafting/questing all the way up to an Ascended set. 

This would be a good way for new players to acquire their first Ascended armor set and shine some light on those areas.

Once you get it to Ascended your "Precursor" you can start your journey for a Legendary set. 

One of the Legendary gifts should be ____of prosperity  or  ____ of fortune. You're getting enough materials that this isn't really an issue. Not to mention with the cost factor it puts it in par with the other sets. 

so that's 2/4 components. 

For Component 3 I do feel like it should encompass general PVE

Maybe "Gift of Adventure" which is made up of:

-Heart of Gold (maybe requires 50 heart fragments. You get 5 fragments from each heart done. 24 hour cool down per heart so you can't spam the same 1 in one day and be done) 

- 1 Eldritch Scroll (follows others)

- 100 Obsidian Shards (doubles up on others, not an issue since you should be loaded on karma)

- 1 Cube of Stabilized Dark Energy (follows others)

that's 3/4

The final piece should be something that has some challenge and encompasses World Bosses.

These collections are repeatable 

Glorious Trophy

-Trophy of Magic Rewarded by finishing a collection of killing Magic based world Bosses like Fire Elemental

-Trophy of Might Rewarded by finishing a collection of killing Melee based world Bosses  like Great Jungle Wurm

-Trophy of Dragons Rewarded by finishing a collection of killing Dragon based world Bosses like Claw of Jormag

-100 Piece of Unidentified Gear (fk this drop, it needs a use) 

So the TDLR Brief:

-Ascended Precursor Armor Piece from Quest/collecting/crafting

-Gift of Fortune/Prosperity 

-Gift of Adventure 

-Glorious Trophy

= 1 Legendary Armor Piece

Total List:

6 Precursor armor Pieces

6 Gifts of Fortune/Prosperity 

6 Gifts of Adventure 

6 Glorious Trophies 

= 1 Legendary Armor Set

I like the original idea, i feel like there should be a little more attention to world bosses. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

On 4/26/2022 at 6:37 PM, Labjax.2465 said:

This is somewhat based on the WvW legendary armor set to be similar in spirit and I'm also just taking some generic components from it. Any numbers are rough draft concept, apart from copying those in WvW armor. I have not done the math part and leave that to people who enjoy math more.

Components for each piece (*names of new items are intentionally silly placeholder names, the proposal itself is serious):

(Gift of Taxiing)

1. 1,000 Glowing Egg Timer (acquired from successful completion of meta bosses, time-gated, more on this below)
  2. Eldritch Scroll (50 Spirit Shards)
  3. 50 Obsidian Shards
  4. Cube of Stabilized Dark Energy (1 Ball of Dark Energy, 75 Stabilizing Matrices)

(Gift of Tagging)

1. 100 Bottle of Adventurer's Sweat (acquired from completion of Events)
  2. 100 Bent Spoon (acquired from completion of Hearts, more acquired from repeatable Hearts in end-game zones)
  3. Certificate of Repetition (purchased with 50,000 Karma)
  4. Certificate of Reading Map Chat (purchased with 250 Proof of Getting Downed, acquired from Hero Points, either ones you haven't completed yet on the character or repeatable ones daily)

(Gift of Position Rewinding)

1. 100 Essence of Jump Dodging (acquired from Jump Puzzle final chests and can be traded with other players)
  2. 15 Mystic Clovers
  3. Gift of Condensed Might
  4. Gift of Condensed Magic

Precursor: A piece of Ascended Armor (the kind with the skin you would get from crafting or rare boxes, e.g. not including WvW ascended armor or the like)

Glowing Egg Timers Summary: I don't like time gates, but that's the trend with legendary armor, so what I propose is that an amount of these is awarded from the successful completion of each meta event through the daily chests*. These would also have a weekly limit, so you can still get your daily chests after you've hit the limit, but you can't get more Glowing Egg Timers after you've hit cap for that week. This would encourage you to do a higher variety of meta events each week, so you can reach your weekly cap more quickly.

*some metas would need daily chests added to them so they aren't left in the cold

Glowing Egg Timers Rotation: some metas award more Glowing Egg Timers on a daily rotation, so that more meta events get attention (e.g. people don't just do the easiest all week and ignore other metas).

Anticipated Questions:

"You have a currency from events, but there's already karma." Yep. A new one on top of karma that is specifically for legendary armor would avoid the problem of people with mounds of karma having a headstart, or newer players needing an obscene amount of karma to get even a single piece. I'm thinking of karma cost as the Badge of Honor equivalent currency.

"You don't have a nine part series of collections, is this even a legendary?" Collections aren't something I get much out of, so it's not something I want to put much thought into proposing as part of this. I'm focusing on what the components might look like, mostly. You're welcome to add ideas.

"This seems like a lot." I know, legendaries in this game are really something and I'm trying to model this after others.

"This seems like nothing and is too easy." I know, legendaries in this game are so easy and I'm making it even easier.

"Hey wait a minute, you're changing sides there." I know, some people they just can't be consistent, it's really something.

Your Thoughts: What are they? Keep in mind this is not meant to be a final draft type of proposal for the game, but something to chew on for possible design if they were to go this route and help move this conversation past yes/no. And on that note, please do add your thoughts about what could make this work. Please don't pollute the thread with debate about whether there should be an open world legendary armor.

I'm really sorry to inform you people have been begging for an OW method of legendary armor acquisition for YEARs and what was anet's response in EoD?

A "crowning meta" that requires at least a significant portion of the paticipants running raid builds with good raid boon uptime (at  least that's what we're hearing from communities that regularly clear). 

And a nerf to sustain and solo play at the beginning of EoD.

The message "raid or die" couldn't be clearer. The icing on the cake is the length of this raid (I could clear multiple bosses in WoW with how long Soo Won encounter is), you're held hostage by early leavers, and you don't really have control over who is in your map, unlike any raid in any other game (well barring you're not some evil jerk like that guy in Teapot's community, I'm sure some of the regulars are doing that). it's so poorly designed I'm not even sure if EQ could surpass this in clunkiness. I didn't play it, but I would imagine only a late 90s MMO committing these sins. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 4/28/2022 at 6:47 AM, TinLizzie.7308 said:

Why would I join spvp for anything?  I despise trying to fight other players (who are all going to murder me in about 1/2 a second flat) - this is also why I don't wvw.  I'm a node-farmer, I do random events in PvE, occasionally do world bosses if they're a daily or I happen to be in the map when they're spawning.  For me, GW2 is a chance to "zen-out" and relax from a stressful day at a job that demands perfection.  When I log in, I am not looking for a challenge, per se.

Just make PvE legendary armor a lengthy grind with some lore and history thrown in, not requiring a bunch of instanced content nor a group of high-flying people to achieve.  I'm just a filthy casual kitten who would like to see my game time be a little more personally rewarding.  I don't even sell 99% of the mats I farm, I use them in crafting.

Maybe I'm not neurotypical enough and am asking too much.

I can relate somewhat. Though i enjoy playing meta builds and optimizing my performance. Like.. i always play raid builds even in OW. I also enjoy having versatility so i can comfortably heal/dps/provide boons, i don't mind switching builds. But what gets me is the "gatekeeping" the raids. You really have to go out of your way to get into raiding. You have to have discord, you have to always be on schedule or you'll lose your spot in the squad, you have to read extensively all the guides, you have to focus for the next 3-4 hours and "sweat" and do your best in the raid run or you'll lose your spot etc.. This is somewhat challenging for me. I'm not neurotypical either believe me, but i already went ouf of my way to try and get into raids. And yet... it's still hard to get into it (mainly cuz of my timezone or just fear of being a failure or just not being comfortable with mechanics cuz i did them very few times or just overall not being a confident person in such situations). So again.. i love min-maxing my gear/builds/rotations, i like somewhat of a challenge and i'm quite a decent player.. and yet after all these 9 years of playing the game i still can't really see an easy way to get into raiding, People say it's easy to get into trainings but there's so much more to that... so many "rules" and strict schedules. Even thinking about how much i want leg armor and how hard it is to get through the barrier of gatekeeping makes me frustrated. It's like i'm willing to give my best and yet i still can't find a way to break through. And that's my main concern, it just makes me feel bad and then naturally i keep playing less and less, i lose my passion and don't even want to play anymore.

And i think having another PvE option for leg armor would fix that feeling. I no longer would feel bad about it and forced to go out of my way cuz there would be another option, an option not locked behind instanced-discord-based community. And it can be a long option, i don't mind, let's say 5-6 months of grinding. That would basically fix all of my frustration. And it doesn't even matter if i would go for that OW leg armor, all that matters is that i wouldn't feel bad about this topic anymore and it would open the gates for lots of ppl.

So maybe OPs actual way of getting OW leg armor is not the best or the names of gifts are funny, but idea is good and very much needed. There has to be some other way to acquire leg armor without locking people behind instanced content that is hard to get into. If you want instanced content, go for fractals, those are easier accessible for majority of people and plus it's good gold/hour so people would still keep doing it even if they get leg amror. Raids? Well.. i know people who got their leg armor and never EVER went back to raids, so that tells you something doesnt it? Anyway.. complicated topic, tons of points to discuss here, won't go further.

Edited by Dave.6819

14 hours ago, Albi.7250 said:

Not every one who does PvP get the legendary armor you know that? Why do you think is that the case? Also the demand is probably not there. Look how the one threat that puts a a rough outline of they needed commitment is the least visited by the pro Armor crowd. 

Anyways that is not a discussion about whether anet should do it or not. We have enough of them already. Its a discussion about a draft how it should look like if it gets implemented. Are you alright with the numbers posted here? Would you do something different? Is it to much grind and you rather farm 10 Sets of ascended gear instead of a legendary set? Another idea were the Armor should come from, so not every players sits in drizzlewood?

The numbers here for a armour set are stupidity and i will argue that till the cows come home. If we are speaking of a even footing, getting the wvw for example just means getting participation to 3 and keeping it there which does actually mean the odd camp, vet creature kill etc which is nothing to the lists we are seeing.

I see the 'i don't wanna grind, i want things 'easier' LOLZ narrative is creeping back . You don't know me as a player so don't judge me because you think (and others) that just because i do more OW these days i want every thing for nothing. 

Edited by Dami.5046
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

A "crowning meta" that requires at least a significant portion of the paticipants running raid builds with good raid boon uptime (at  least that's what we're hearing from communities that regularly clear). 

The DE meta doesn't need raid builds and raid boons and raid squads.
But if you are having trouble beating the boss, those things do help.

The two are not the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

10 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

The DE meta doesn't need raid builds and raid boons and raid squads.
But if you are having trouble beating the boss, those things do help.

The two are not the same.

I have not heard of a group that reliably clears that doesn't. .

My understanding is the regulars do. And i even retried over the weekend in a pug and it still didn't go well. So the message based on a combination of my experience and what i'm hearing from the groups that do clear is pretty clear.

Also why is anet pushing boons onto every class? And major content creators posting li builds? It's pretty clear they want us playing this way. From anet to content creators. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, Dami.5046 said:

The numbers here for a armour set are stupidity and i will argue that till the cows come home. If we are speaking of a even footing, getting the wvw for example just means getting participation to 3 and keeping it there which does actually mean the odd camp, vet creature kill etc which is nothing to the lists we are seeing.

I see the 'i don't wanna grind, i want things 'easier' LOLZ narrative is creeping back . You don't know me as a player so don't judge me because you think (and others) that just because i do more OW these days i want every thing for nothing. 

This is literally the most boring way to play wvw, it's not without the risk of getting perpetually ganked by small ganking groups and i don't think it'd be wise for anet to force their player base to play this way.

Also i find people railing on casuals about wanting things easier massively hypocritical if they're raiders. 1 piece of a wvw armor set averages 1.3k tickets(amounts are different  depending on the pieces). And even then, it's the ugly, non-legendary looking skin. The first chest gives a measely 17 tickets and takes about an hour to earn on 8 pips/tick which is something you'd achieve only if you'd been playing for a while. That's about 1% of one armor piece in an hour. An armor piece in raiding is 50 li. I spent less than an hour in a semi-exp largos run last night and got a divination which converts to li. So it's double efficiency. Against the UGLY wvw skin. But there's more: i'm working on my first set, so it's actually quadruple efficiency because the li requirement is only 25 per piece on your first set. So you think someone is entitled because they don't want to spend an hour doing something mindless earning something slower than raiders? Wvw ticket efficiency goes up as you progress tiers, but even at the high end it's barely competitive, and your efficiency was still lower on the lower tiers and it would be 15 hours a week, the equivalent of a part time job. Doing something mindless. 

O ps, anet gives you a special achieve if you get the pve sets, there's no equivalent for the other modes, even though they're more time consuming. And if you have the pve sets, you can get the legendary appearances for the other types faster because the skin is tied to the ascended set, no need for expensive gift components, you just reskin your envoy. 

The spoiled ones imo are the raiders and they have no room to speak about entitled casuals. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

There's a difference between "hey, this is a good idea that gives you power" and "you can't approach this content without using the power giving idea". 
I have done the meta without the power giving idea. Is it smooth? No. Do I recommend it? No.
I also don't recommend doing raids in white gear, but it can be done. You do not need full ascended highly meta builds to raid.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/28/2022 at 7:37 AM, Dami.5046 said:

The explanation (and I apologize if it's been posted already in this thread) is that ANet considers Open World to be a part of a game more, not a separate game mode.  That means that what the current state of affairs with regard to Legendary Armor is that all game modes have an option to get it.  If there is discrimination, it is not against PVE players, it's against the unwillingness to engage with any content that has any real difficulty to it.

This is not to say stop asking, and stop thinking the way you do.  It is an attempt to focus the discussion around what ANet thinks, which they have demonstrated by their actions many times.

Edited by IndigoSundown.5419
fat fingered post early. edit to finish
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

There's a difference between "hey, this is a good idea that gives you power" and "you can't approach this content without using the power giving idea". 
I have done the meta without the power giving idea. Is it smooth? No. Do I recommend it? No.
I also don't recommend doing raids in white gear, but it can be done. You do not need full ascended highly meta builds to raid.

Pretty sure the success rates on the meta without at least 50% of your group running raid builds are abysmal enough for it not to be the way you should do things, like raiding in whites. So i guess we agree? The only people who raid in whites are like teapot elite raider champions trying to prove something during a competition, not normal players. So raid. If you want to succeed in that meta.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2