Convince me that there is better class then necromancer!

BearChow.7284

26 minutes ago, BearChow.7284 said:

I don't really care about minions. In wow I play lock and demononly was ok. Preferred affliction. In gw2 I prefer coni over anything.

You can play condition and be effective with any profession in GW2. Necromancer don't have the monopoly on this gameplay. Only the shroud and minions are more or less unique to GW2 necromancer and, to be fair the shroud have already be given to some other profession via e-specs. Which is why I focus on telling you that necromancer's minions aren't very attractive compared to other franshise or what other professions can offer.

After all, isn't your thread about convincing you that there is better than necromancer. Aesthetically, necromancer isn't even close to reach above average (apart from the reaper shroud, obviously.). If all you want is load afflictions on your foes while swinging a stick, mesmer is as good as the necromancer and on top of that he got minions that are just as handsome as your character.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 12:47 PM, BearChow.7284 said:

Hello fellow GW2 community.  I have huge love for necromancer.  Any rpg game i ever played I always choose necromancer. Diablo 2 and 3, eso and many more. I have few boost tokens sitting in my account and I can not seem to decide what class to boost. I played just over 1k hours with my necromancer and hes my only  character that i have.  I mainly play OW content, and i like to kearn pvp. I watched few videos on GW2 classes and I can not decide.  I like melee, but always seem to choose ranged. I like a class that may be able to do both by switching builds and also a class that performs well in pvp. Any advice welcome.

Thanks in advance.

tbh really depends on what your looking for.

Mesmer:

- Open World mirage build is among the best in the game as ofcurrent running staff/staff so being Ranged.

- it also brings a Melee side of Mirage with a Axe / Torch + Pistol build which is alittle more complex but considered more fun and generally fine for anything below champion monsters.

in SPVP

Power Mirage can work decently in ranked, Virtuoso can make a really strong bunker build in Ranked gameplay and it offers Multuiple roam builds with Condi Mirage and Power Mesmer however this proffession does fall off in AT Modes realistically, but a great ranked choice for someone around gold.

Ranger:

Soulbeast and Untamed offer really high sustain Open world builds in condi based set ups.

Soulbeast holds some of the highest burst power damage in the game currently accessible.

and has both a Melee build (GS + Dagger / Axe) or Ranged build (Longbow + Dagger / Axe) i recommend the melee build with GS in Open world as it has higher Sustained DPS which is more useful when killing lots of monstyers where Longbow has higher burst dsamage so great for boss fights.

in PvP

Untamed has Pretty good performance, also core ranger can be a great side node while Soulbeast offers decent roaming builds, can be rather fun in Ranked gameplay as it can 100 - 0 a player with LB Burst builds,

both these proffessions dont hold much ground in WvWvW outside roaming builds realistically, they're not great in a Large scale PvP fights overall.

but both would fit what ur asking for realistically.

I do not like necromancer. I do not like to play any build that overrides aesthetics. Reaper is my preferred necro. All other necro builds, IMO, are slow both in applying damage and moving (I have not played Harbinger). I prefer bursty dps. 

well necro sure is a good choice, it is good in pvp and wvw and open world is like a walk in the park, as for raids fract etc its in a good spot too, as for bether choices... well depends on builds and so on but guard is a great choice being one of if not the strongest class right now, thief is great too with the spectre being a fusion of thief and necro.

that said play whatever you want, right now all classes and elites are good with untamed and a couple more being the weakest but meh its pretty balanced nontheless

• Haha 1

On 5/13/2022 at 12:27 PM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Only class thats on the same level as necro is guard. 

S Tier: Necro Guard

A Tier: Rev engi

B Tier: Ranger Thief

C Tier: Mesmer Ele

That bloody puddle over there Tier: Warrior. 

I think we can thread this and move on. 👍

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1