Easy to bring Willbender and Harb inline.

Harbinger

The 100% more damage added to damage for attacks and elixirs for blight stacks needs to be chopped down to 25%, at most it could be 33%, not 100.

Auto attack needs to be reflectable.

The float needs slower cast and a clear obvious tell.

Willbender

Needs F2 to lose the ammo or lose the ability to get the (3 condi clear) on top of its movement condi clear.

It also should have an increase in cd to f3 because of the windbreak and stab.

DO NOT GO AFTER CORE TRAITS

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

12 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

IMO the biggest problem is most certainly the Harbinger pulsing quickness to everyone around it while it is in shroud. That right there is the primary reason why Willbender becomes God Tier in team fights when it has a Harbinger with it.

I don't want synergy to be erased.

Just hit them in the nuts each and call it a day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

Willbender

F2 

lose the ability to get the (3 condi clear

f3

because of the windbreak and stab.

Lmao

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

They f**d over core traitline every single time mesmer had e-spec with problems (and recently engi too?). I see no reason to not go after core traitlines for others as well. Equality! Equal rights and equal lefts! 
(But they are not going to nuke their beloved blue/green children, you are literally living here and still dont get it)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

Harbinger

The float needs slower cast and a clear obvious tell.

A slower cast would feel bad. Would be better if it had a delayed arming time of 0.5s to 1s after the circle appears before the float happens. Currently the first float pulse happens instantly before the animation even appears. The animation itself for it is already pushing it a bit with the visual noise. Like, it's already big green glowing magic circle with impaled corpses spinning around on spikes. I guess we could add a 2nd circle in the air above so it's not obscured by other aoes on the ground

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

IMO the biggest problem is most certainly the Harbinger pulsing quickness to everyone around it while it is in shroud. That right there is the primary reason why Willbender becomes God Tier in team fights when it has a Harbinger with it.

That trait has to disappear from PvP for good.

• Like 1

If we're going to nerf something, this is one of the few cases where core nerfs are justified. 

Core guard is the best support in the meta, blowing everything except maybe support tempest out of the water. 

Core condi necro is still a tanky sustain god with great pressure on top, only really being outdone by it's own elite spec in the teamfighting role. If harb gets nerfed, core necro goes back to being the perfect partner to core guard. 

They'd be justified in nerfing both the elite and core in this instance. 

Of course, I'd rather see other core specs brought up to the level of the golden children, but I have said in the past. "Don't nerf core unless core is overperforming too." This is a case where core (relative to everything else that's been overnerfed) is overperforming too. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

If we're going to nerf something, this is one of the few cases where core nerfs are justified. 

Core guard is the best support in the meta, blowing everything except maybe support tempest out of the water. 

Core condi necro is still a tanky sustain god with great pressure on top, only really being outdone by it's own elite spec in the teamfighting role. If harb gets nerfed, core necro goes back to being the perfect partner to core guard. 

They'd be justified in nerfing both the elite and core in this instance. 

Of course, I'd rather see other core specs brought up to the level of the golden children, but I have said in the past. "Don't nerf core unless core is overperforming too." This is a case where core (relative to everything else that's been overnerfed) is overperforming too. 

I'd much prefer anet start to take into consideration how the existence of certain builds impacts the existence (or lack thereof) of other builds, and buff/nerf accordingly. By all means, core guard and all versions of necro (except maybe reaper, they seem particularly meh lately) might be in need of a trim. As someone who primarily plays necro and thief - it's a huge pain to have my every decision on necro be based entirely around how many people on the other team can instantly teleport to me and erase my health bar in a few attacks.

I don't particularly enjoy carrion condi harbwith DM. It's nice, and I've been toying around with it, but generally not my thing. I've been trying to make a grieving harb work lately and I enjoy that much more (it doesn't work as well as just straight power harb tho, imo, it's a bit lacking in crit and some trait synergy). But I find that every time I try to play a glassier necromancer spec such as pure power zerk harb with scholar and Spite, or a pure condi setup (RIP viper amulet, lol) I just die that much faster because everyone and their mother has a ton of teleports, leaps, etc, and without the absurd amount of extra durability offered by carrion + DM, I just implode. 

I've learned to make sweet, sweet love to no port spots, but it's...aggrivating to have my survival immensely dependent on how lazy anet decides to be when laying down terrain.

Mind, this isn't just harb. Stuff like DrD kept out a lot of other builds, some of which were other thief builds because DrD just farmed them, and the requirement for side-noding was 'have to not instantly implode when DrD thief backstabs you in a 1v2'.

So. Yeah. I don't disagree that core guard, various versions of necro, etc could probably use a trim. But I'd also really like to see more build options open up, too, but adjusting (not necessarily nerfing) the things that necessitate those playstyles.

Edit: Re - harb shroud skills. For skills that require pre-use of a utility or to sit around for a bit in order to be useful (particularly for condi, as shroud 3 and 4 skills do zero condi damage without blight), I think the damage is pretty fine right now. They're well telegraphed and require more investment than other skills to do anything, unless you're playing a power harbringer. Sure, I could hit 8-9k on shroud3 or 4 on a full glass power build, but it'd probably require vuln stacks, might, and the blight to do it, on heavily telegraphed skills.

Edited by Curennos.9307