What's wrong with people in Obsidian Sanctum?

Carnifex.3275

They're literally camping all day in such spots that are hard to reach and just knocking you back so you can't do the JP. I mean.. how pathetic u must be to do that? Quite often i do the JP with enemy and we dont kill each other. I'm seriously now interested about this. What's wrong with them? If you are one of them tell me what do you gain from it? Do you feel some kind of satisfaction ruining other peoples nerves? Do you play games just for that reason? From my perspective its some kind of psychopathic/sociopathic behaviour, i don't understand it, explain it to me. Maybe some psychologists could comment? Maybe i'm lookin at it too deep though, maybe they're just kids with 80IQ that are just laughing at other people. Though still it would seem like a bizzare behaviour, something that isn't quite right in the head.

Edited by Dave.6819
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

That sucks man... some people just plain suck. Perhaps they've been bullied in school and they need to take their frustration out on anybody. Perhaps something just doesn't work right in their heads.

Did you see this happen several times or just once or twice?

I do Obs Sanct almost every week and only once have I found an enemy triggering traps, but even then I got an apology whispered to me from their leader. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4

Some people simply get their kicks from ruining the fun for others. That's all there is to such behaviour.

It's a sad display of personality, but nothing can be done about that, unless Arenanet makes the Sanctum a no-PvP zone or finally gives players Defiance bars.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Ged Kealmen.7210 said:

That sucks man... some people just plain suck. Perhaps they've been bullied in school and they need to take their frustration out on anybody. Perhaps something just doesn't work right in their heads.

Did you see this happen several times or just once or twice?

I do Obs Sanct almost every week and only once have I found an enemy triggering traps, but even then I got an apology whispered to me from their leader. 

Well people are doing achievements for LW new episode. And nope, not once. All day today there's been multiple of these guys. They're just camping the spot all day. Talked to one of them he said "It's how i pvp, i enjoy it, it's a pvp map so what are you talking about?". Complete trolls, sad human beings.

Edited by Dave.6819
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Dave.6819 said:

Well people are doing achievements for LW new episode. And nope, not once. All day today there's been multiple of these guys. They're just camping the spot all day. Talked to one of them he said "It's how i pvp, i enjoy it, it's a pvp map so what are you talking about?". Complete trolls, sad human beings.

What they really meant was that they want to "pvp" vs pve players probably in masterwork gear and not even level 80.  Which is why they are in OS instead of in pvp or even a wvw map.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

May i remind everybody that Anet made the jumping puzzle with the intentions to have fights in there. There are traps built and other way to knock the enemies off. It simply is not a peaceful jumping puzzle. If Anet wanted it to be so they would not have made tools to troll the jumpers. 

Also if people sit on weird spots, bring your pull out and make sure you pull first. Or reflect their pulls or bring stab. They are as much sitting ducks as you are so give them their own taste of their medicine,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 2

That is griefing, but tbh if you want to punish those people just "playing pvp" that way, then you should also take into account the griefinf of a lot of pve players playing semi afk in wvw just for rewards and making queue not letting play people who will actually play.

• Confused 4

1 minute ago, Nymthalas.4019 said:

That is griefing, but tbh if you want to punish those people just "playing pvp" that way, then you should also take into account the griefinf of a lot of pve players playing semi afk in wvw just for rewards and making queue not letting play people who will actually play.

If it was griefing then how come Arena net built the traps and added them to the jp with the intentions to jump on those who do the jp. So no it is not griefing and your threat is ridiculous. And yes i get it is annoying to be killed in there but it is a PvP area and if you go in there to do that, then this is what you need to have in mind and bring a build that can counter them and a pull to pull them down your self instead of making silly threats about how PvE is gonna come and hurt us. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Leaa.2943 said:

If it was griefing then how come Arena net built the traps and added them to the jp with the intentions to jump on those who do the jp. So no it is not griefing and your threat is ridiculous. And yes i get it is annoying to be killed in there but it is a PvP area and if you go in there to do that, then this is what you need to have in mind and bring a build that can counter them and a pull to pull them down your self instead of making silly threats about how PvE is gonna come and hurt us. 

if it was not griefing why in gvg arena can people choose sides and fight? you can join the side you want. Im not going to add adjectives like you did, so the difference between playing and giefing comes with the attitude and reason to do it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

7 minutes ago, Nymthalas.4019 said:

if it was not griefing why in gvg arena can people choose sides and fight? you can join the side you want. Im not going to add adjectives like you did, so the difference between playing and giefing comes with the attitude and reason to do it.

It is a PVP area. The jumping puzzle have built in traps that Anet put there so that you COULD grief people. If Anet put that in there then it mean they want people to use it. That is not griefing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Leaa.2943 said:

It is a PVP area. The jumping puzzle have built in traps that Anet put there so that you COULD grief people. If Anet put that in there then it mean they want people to use it. That is not griefing.

Traps are one thing, but camping with several longbow soulbeast in the dark room is beyond annoying.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I mean...it's a PvP jumping puzzle that's designed specifically around being able to grief others with PvP.  This is why they built in all sorts of traps that you can activate to harass people who are behind you. 

It can be cheap and especially so when there's so few people doing it in the first place, but it at least used to be a place where some fun PvP scenarios could play out.  There's generally not a huge reward behind the JP itself, so it's typically been some low stakes fun, but I haven't seen anyone in there for years now. 

I honestly thought that thing had just been completely deserted, tbh. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ubi.4136 said:

What they really meant was that they want to "pvp" vs pve players probably in masterwork gear and not even level 80.  Which is why they are in OS instead of in pvp or even a wvw map.

Funny thing is i went there with my wvw hfb build minstrels. I know well how pvp works. And guess what? Then 4 of them just kept chasing me. So yeah.. not only PvE players are their target. They just troll anyone who they can. But yes, i assume many of pve players go there and they get completely destroyed by these kids.

I was just astonished by his stupid arguments. He was just pretending like "hey, its pvp man, it's what i do. don't expect to go into a pvp map and not be killed.". I'm sure he was just trolling, he can't really think that exploiting JP environment is a real pvp experience lol. He was just pretending that OS is just normal pvp mode for him and there's nothing wrong with that. Funny that he's doing it right at the moment when more people are going there. I pvped for like 4 years straight.. and not once i went to OS. It was either ranked pvp or wvw roaming. If he really thinks its pvp then i just feel sad for him.

Edited by Dave.6819
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dahkeus.8243 said:

I mean...it's a PvP jumping puzzle that's designed specifically around being able to grief others with PvP.  This is why they built in all sorts of traps that you can activate to harass people who are behind you. 

It can be cheap and especially so when there's so few people doing it in the first place, but it at least used to be a place where some fun PvP scenarios could play out.  There's generally not a huge reward behind the JP itself, so it's typically been some low stakes fun, but I haven't seen anyone in there for years now. 

I honestly thought that thing had just been completely deserted, tbh. 

Again... it's because of achievement. People wanna finish their Sky Pirates achievements. And doing OS JP is the last achievement for many people. That's why their camping it 24/7.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, NothingRemains.4136 said:

Traps are one thing, but camping with several longbow soulbeast in the dark room is beyond annoying.

I totally understand that it is annoying i really do. But rangers can be pulled down to their deaths. I mean we do that in WvW often enough, because rangers hiding far is greedy becaus they think they are safe, bring a build and make them unsafe and you have the laugh. That is how you solve issues in WvW, kill them 😛

Again i understand that it is not fun but counter it instead of like that person before threatening with pve players comming to take our spots making queue, i mean talk about real griefing 😄

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Dave.6819 said:

Again... it's because of achievement. People wanna finish their Sky Pirates achievements. And doing OS JP is the last achievement for many people. That's why their camping it 24/7.

I know this. But then talk to Anet about it or bring the build where you pull them off and they fall to their death and you get the last laugh. We do that all the time to rangers on walls in WvW. Counter them!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, NothingRemains.4136 said:

That's exactly what happened at one point today. 3 soulbeasts uptop in the dark room spamming knockbacks and cripples. I managed to get through to them with blocks/stab/cleanses. Guess what? There was even more kids waitin in th next area. So basically like 6 people are ready to greet you at the next zone lol. I'm speechless how pathetic these manchilds are.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Leaa.2943 said:

I know this. But then talk to Anet about it or bring the build where you pull them off and they fall to their death and you get the last laugh. We do that all the time to rangers on walls in WvW. Counter them!

Oh yeah definitely i did that for some of them. But imagine there's like 4 of them jumping on u. There's only that much that i can do (while still trying to jump in the dark room from a narrow pillar to another narrow pillar while being barraged with arrows/condis from everywhere). If it was only 1 ranger i would've been fine.

Edited by Dave.6819
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Plus i really hate to waste my time tbh. 😂 i'll just go back when this will settle down, i can't care less about extra achievement points. But i was just honestly shocked and really unaware that we have such toxic players around in gw2. And it's just interesting how some people enjoy seeing other people suffer. If you really want to pvp, sure let's go 1v1 or go roam do 1v2/3, go spam ranked matches. But this? That's something i can't understand. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

First year of the game, when siege was harder to get, we would fight for control so the commanders could port their zergs straight to the chest so the raid could get siege drops and give them to the tag.  Used to have siege in there too, which made it interesting.  Now I guess it's just trolls who can't fight real fights.