[Goldclaw] Smash the Dragon book location??

gloryfalling.4329

Has anyone been able to find the "fabled" book that some of us have been missing? The Wiki states that it should be next to Drooburt's Ghost, however there's nothing around him at all that looks like the red book that's shown on the Wiki for it. I'm worried that there was a more historical location for Drooburt when the Festival was first moved to Hoelbrak and the book wasn't moved with him??? Has anyone been able to find it??

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The achievement was not added until Four Winds in 2021.  This would be the last book to get if you started when the achieve was added to the game.

That said, the info about being near Drooburt's Ghost, or somewhere in Might and Main, is all speculation since that information was added last year per wiki edit history.  I have been on several maps now where we are all searching and no one is finding (apart from a troll who claimed it was in the NE caves but refused to tag up to mark it).  In addition, the image on the wiki is of a different book - mouseover and it tells you it's the Mist Connections book, so that's a red herring.

For my part I'm not looking for the visual of the book since other volumes have been invisible to me, but I have yet to run into a "read" prompt anywhere in Hoelbrak (those Norn just aren't very literary). 

My money is on someone forgetting to add it to the fest table - or it's there but in the wrong Z-location and currently underground or under a floor.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

The achievement was not added until Four Winds in 2021.  This would be the last book to get if you started when the achieve was added to the game.

That said, the info about being near Drooburt's Ghost, or somewhere in Might and Main, is all speculation since that information was added last year per wiki edit history. 

It is not speculation and here you have a post from last year about the book, many of the books were available before the collection was added, that's why Anet had to add into patch notes that the progress for it is not retroactive.

In addition, the image on the wiki is of a different book - mouseover and it tells you it's the Mist Connections book, so that's a red herring.

The wiki uses shared pictures for objects and npcs that use the same model.

EDIT: I fr*cked up the formatting to quote the person above, sorry.

Edited by Sime.3681
Bad formatting.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, AngelWriter.3652 said:

But it doesn't change the fact that it's not there now, unless it's bugged. If you have an instance where you can see it today let me know because I would like to finish this collection.

Ya sorry, I just wanted to respond to that person above since they are fairly confident in being incorrect, and I messed up the formatting so the quote didn't work properly.

Either the book has been moved this year or is simply bugged, but considering they also moved the SAB book I would not be surprised if it was the first and they put it somewhere really obscure (the SAB book was originally in a jail next to a random npc.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sime.3681 said:

Ya sorry, I just wanted to respond to that person above since they are fairly confident in being incorrect, and I messed up the formatting so the quote didn't work properly.

No worries! Totally get it. If it moved, it's hidden really well that no one has been able to find it in almost 5 hours.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yeah, it's odd that not a single person seems to have found it this year so far. Either the location's been moved (quite unlikely given the amount of players scouring for it), or it's bugged (it disappeared with the update, or it's stuck in terrain somewhere.)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Im beginning to think Anet forgot to put it back in the game.   We had a search group of 35 people in the squad and we circled the whole area minimum 4 times and nothing..    Did Anet delete it out and forgot to put it back in????

• Like 3

I just spent a good hour searching everywhere in Hoelbrak that I can think of, with no luck. I'm really thinking that the book is not in the game, for two reasons:

1. As a festival achievement, the book would have to be someplace where a "normal" player -- someone relatively new to the game without mounts -- would reasonably be able to find it.
2. Countless experienced players who know Hoelbrak well have been actively looking for the book and not found it.

Therefore, it must be bugged or otherwise not in the game, or it almost certainly would have been found by now.

Edited by Jimbru.6014
  • Like 1

Hello everyone,

I see lots of people saying the location is bugged but I believe I found it in the Dragon Bash Arena. It’s on the floor next to some greenery on the left hand-side of the arena. That’s where I found the book that gave me the achievement.

Hopefully that helps!

16 hours ago, qwibbler.6972 said:

Hello everyone,

I see lots of people saying the location is bugged but I believe I found it in the Dragon Bash Arena. It’s on the floor next to some greenery on the left hand-side of the arena. That’s where I found the book that gave me the achievement.

Hopefully that helps!

Yes that is after the fix that was implemented before you posted this

• Like 1