Improvement Wishlist for WvW Zerg Virtuoso.

DanAlcedo.3281

Hello!

I have been playing Zerg Virtuoso for quite a while now and its actually ok.

However there are some parts of it, if improved, could make this Build even better.

Weapons

• Spatial Surge (GS): Either reduce the casting time or a slight dmg increase. Even on a high dmg build, its dmg is kinda meh.
  • Unstable Bladestorm (Dagger): Increase movementspeed of the storm. 1200 range is cool but its so slow that the enemy is long gone before its hits on a bigger range.
  • Phantasmal Warden (Focus): Holy kitten that skill is trash. Sounds nice on paper but never usefull the way it works. Reduce the dmg and make it groundtargeted.

Utility

• Sword of Decimation: Double the base dmg. Even then its probably outclassed by other better utility skills.
  • Thousand Cuts: Fix the ground indicator. Let is show the actual range of 1200.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Spatial surge will impact all builds, not only virtuoso, it's not a good idea.

Give dagger CC and/or mobility and/or sustain. A full damage weapon will never be viable in a PvP environment facing people who have damage + other tools in their kits. Mean can you imagine a staff fire ele with no elements swap :).

Currently it's a pure PvE weapon.

I know you look at Warden WvW projectiles utility but I'm not for a damage nerf in PvP as in small scale, the damage has more use than the projectiles block. Making it ground targeted will be better yeah.

Thousand cut is a PvE ulti IMO, it's like a worse prime light beam and even is it can be used on WvW blob, it has no uses in small scale.

Btw they was already some people posting vids about what didn't work on virtuoso since beta. And their feedback were barely listened.

Spatial surge was one of the worst autos on game sometime ago, it got buffed and then nerfed. It is one of the reasons mesmer sustain damage is so garbage. 

Regarding warden just revert to the original phantasm. It used to be good and had synergy with focus pull. Now it's just garbage, same as all the other phantasms except gs and pistol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just dont touch spatial surge its the only thing we have left that is somewhat decent regardless of how much damage it does.

Infact just dont touch Mesmers at all because everytime they do a "balance patch" we always lose something much more important then whatever insignificant buff we are going to get.

I have no faith in the balance team over the years, at this point just dont touch anything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I think Spatial Surge can use some buff in PvE but I am not sure about in competitive modes. It’s a 1200 range fast non-projectile attack, which is not weak in my opinion. If we have limited buff we can use, I’ll allocate it somewhere else.

If it’s free, then sure I take anything!

• 2 weeks later...