Anybody ever had a Ventari Support Revenant as your commander?

Ausar.9542

15 hours ago, Ausar.9542 said:

How was that play style for the squad?

Did the commanders bubble help out a lot when organized zerging?

I did that at one point for a few weeks.

Your better off running HFB tbh. i mean... it can work. But Alot of the time your Scrappers will already do the job for you, as their bubble is bigger than yours.

6 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Your better off running HFB tbh. i mean... it can work. But Alot of the time your Scrappers will already do the job for you, as their bubble is bigger than yours.

Perm uptime and more mobile though, toss it behind to cover the tail or at a spot to block off half a zergs damage.

Probably better in the hands of a zergling then a comm tho so your right on the HFB since atleast you have more utility at your expense with the bubbles added on. (Now I wanna run this again lol)

10 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

but Ventari Bubble can be dropped on enemy squads for projectile destruction on point at a distance from the squad and CC Potential.

On 6/19/2022 at 7:26 PM, Ausar.9542 said:

its simply no point for that. FB is by far best lead class, if ur on NA chrono is okay too, i guess

anything else is just not that useful.

10 hours ago, Ausar.9542 said:

but Ventari Bubble can be dropped on enemy squads for projectile destruction on point at a distance from the squad and CC Potential.

And why would it be advantageous to block the projectiles right on your enemy and not simply infront of your squad?

I have been maining Ventari for almost a year. Believe me... HFB is simply better as a leader.

if you would have asked if ventari is usefull in a zerg, i would have said yes. as it can provide a nice ammout of cleanse and projectilehate. 

But as a commander..... you have other things to lookout for rather than micromanaging the tablet.  <----- take this from someone that has tabletmovement as musclememory and doesnt relly have to think about it anymore... its still to much to handle in a large zerg. you simply just have 2 eyes and hands.   Just p00ping out boons like HFB is and will probably be POG forever.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

you have other things to lookout for rather than micromanaging the tablet

Yeah even something simple like calling targets can be uneasy when you're focusing on positioning and placement.

Though if you had another tablet user in squad to cover the tail/flanks, then as a commander you could be the user who just keeps the tablet in your path of travel.

On 6/19/2022 at 12:26 PM, Ausar.9542 said:

I haven't but I would imagine it could work well for a small havoc group if you ran something similar to the roaming build posted on GuildJen:

https://guildjen.com/celestial-ventari-renegade-roaming-build/

With celestial gear, it works pretty well as a decent hybrid build that can prevent siege disable with bubble and provide a ton of alacrity for siege as well.  Ren short bow is also very strong for dealing with stuff on walls.  The biggest shortfall is really just larger fights where reflects aren't very avoidable.

4 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

you need stun breaks

Yeah that issue alone is pretty significant. The only tag I have ever seen use Ventari is [EBG] Nic on NA, but I highly doubt that is his first pick.

If I was a commander and only had a Revenant available to play, I'd likely play either Minstrel Jalis/Glint Herald or Minstrel Jalis/Alliance Vindicator. 

4 hours ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

Yeah that issue alone is pretty significant. The only tag I have ever seen use Ventari is [EBG] Nic on NA, but I highly doubt that is his first pick.

If I was a commander and only had a Revenant available to play, I'd likely play either Minstrel Jalis/Glint Herald or Minstrel Jalis/Alliance Vindicator. 

No idea what you are talking about.  Nic only plays Mesmer when he tags.  If there was a Ventari Rev it sure wasn't him commanding on it.

32 minutes ago, Vegeta.2563 said:

No idea what you are talking about.  Nic only plays Mesmer when he tags.  If there was a Ventari Rev it sure wasn't him commanding on it.

It has been like 4+ years since I've been on NSP but I remember it both back then and every so often since then when against him. My point is, it's a rare occurrence and for good reason. He's the only commander that fields a decent amount of people that I have seen ever run Ventari. Not saying it's the normal thing he runs, I know he's always almost on Mes.

14 hours ago, Dahkeus.8243 said:

I haven't but I would imagine it could work well for a small havoc group if you ran something similar to the roaming build posted on GuildJen:

https://guildjen.com/celestial-ventari-renegade-roaming-build/

With celestial gear, it works pretty well as a decent hybrid build that can prevent siege disable with bubble and provide a ton of alacrity for siege as well.  Ren short bow is also very strong for dealing with stuff on walls.  The biggest shortfall is really just larger fights where reflects aren't very avoidable.

I have been maining this build for a long time. It is outdated tho. You need to switch the sigils. sigils that procc on weaponswap no longer make sense.

Bow: Sigil of doom / Sigil of battle  ->  Sigil of tormenting / Sigil of strength

otherwise its still a BEAST of a build. But mostly for roaming. The permaprojectilehate counters every EoD build kinda:D

• Like 1