Shadow Arts updates incoming!

RyuDragnier.9476

14 minutes ago, Cynz.9437 said:

I fear they just wanted to kill d/p, DE that is all.

Yes, thats the case. But that would be a massiv idiotic thing. Killing 2 builds and 1 Espec completly would be insane. Specter as support is the most boring kitten i ever saw in a game.  It is no fun to port and run like a chicken for supporting only 1 dude.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Cynz.9437 said:

I felt the same. Everyone gets alac/quickness... we get some more SA synergy with specter!!! (people still won't want specter as support, let's face it, because the spec itself has huge problems and just falls behind every other class by huge margin), some stealth and yea... that's it.

Silence about acro is... troubling.

I fear they just wanted to kill d/p, DE that is all.

This! And also they don't seem to notice that even if they give alac/quick/heal roles to some other classes, their "golden cub" aka Guardian will always be picked (same thing with HAM) over other classes since they can actually fill two roles in one build, Heal-Quick, Heal-Alac. And Thief not only is getting nothing, but also he's getting no change to alac, so we will fall even lower than all this other classes.

13 hours ago, Grebcol.5984 said:

Why has SA to be a Support Traitline? Why not Acro when this traitline is trashed with 300S traits and is i need of a big rework?

Shh.  I don’t want them to mess with Acrobatics.

In my opinion the 300 second cooldowns were a good thing.  Traits which play the game for you should be training wheels which you eventually want to move away from.

• Confused 2

my guess is that they change shadow savior, as its currently the same trait as traversing dusk, but worse. And or flickering shadows.

new shadow savior: Stealthing an ally grants them barrier. Allys that are effected by your barrier gain boons periodically[Might?Fury?]. 

new flickering shadows: After stealthing an ally they get [protection/or Fury/ maybe alac/ Quickenss!?] for 5 seconds. just one of these buffs... but something like that could happen.

Maybe Shadows embrace and leeching venoms work for allys aswell?

i think they are gonna rework a GM trait too, because then you would have support options in all 3 Rows.

maybe something like that? i am just throwing around ideas^^

Edited by Sahne.6950

18 minutes ago, Dagger.2035 said:

There has to be a few other S/D players running core.

Yeah but Acro is still kitten and no 300S traits are simply stupid. Thats 5 mins dude. Thats more than twice longer than the Harbinger OP Elite Skill. 🙄 These 300s traits are palceholders now for how long?

Edited by Yunari.9065
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Curennos.9307 said:

A trait that gives allies a damage buff when they're revealed after I give them stealth would be very nice.

There was a trait giving damage reduction for the first attack receive after entering in stealth for you and your allies if I remember well. They delete the trait in the last SA rework because it wasn't working great

1 hour ago, Dagger.2035 said:

Maybe people with only the core game but if you have HoT there is no reason to not switch acro to daredevil

Acro need a 100% rework in my opinion

2 hours ago, Dagger.2035 said:

In my opinion the 300 second cooldowns were a good thing.  Traits which play the game for you should be training wheels which you eventually want to move away from.

I don’t care how they do it.  The auto-play traits for all professions just need to be the worst option to pick once you no longer need training wheels.

Prior to the cooldown nerfs the game was awful since HoT released.  Stun someone and a trait kicks in.  Burst someone and a trait kicks in.  Since some of these traits also applied their own control effects we had traits just reflecting CC back and forth on their own.  You had to stop using CC as a staff elementalist in WvW since you would turn into a human ping pong ball for several seconds.

Edited by Dagger.2035

3 hours ago, Dagger.2035 said:

Shh.  I don’t want them to mess with Acrobatics.

The promise was that the 300s cooldown was a temporary thing until those traits were reworked entirely into something more fitting to current ideas of how the game should be played. So not even there as a training wheel, as you put it.

People aren't asking for the traits to be restored, they're asking for the promised replacements.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Yunari.9065 said:

Yes, thats the case. But that would be a massiv idiotic thing. Killing 2 builds and 1 Espec completly would be insane. Specter as support is the most boring kitten i ever saw in a game.  It is no fun to port and run like a chicken for supporting only 1 dude.

Single target support does not exist IMO for Specter. But group support is pretty good and powerful, I see Alac Specters all over the place in Strikes and Raids.

13 hours ago, Dagger.2035 said:

I have had a lot more success running S/D D/P with SA, trickery and critical strikes instead of acro. SA really does just outclass acro in every way now, even on weapon sets that don't historically make much sense.

On 6/22/2022 at 10:53 PM, Grebcol.5984 said:

For me the devs really look like out of touch with this class. I mean most of us choosed this class because it is a Rouge DMG dealer and not a personal healbot for the commander.

the problem is, "Support thief" Was something quite a few asked for during PoF. and now thief has a Support specc, so now it needs to be done i never wanted thief to get a support specc either.

6 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

the problem is, "Support thief" Was something quite a few asked for during PoF. and now thief has a Support specc, so now it needs to be done i never wanted thief to get a support specc either.

The other problem is that outside of a support spec, there isn't much else they could have done with the class. I didn't really want support thief either, but I really didn't want just another DPS spec. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

The other problem is that outside of a support spec, there isn't much else they could have done with the class. I didn't really want support thief either, but I really didn't want just another DPS spec. 

I wanted some support capability but I agree with that. I support people with Specter but that takes the shape of also turning my tether and surrounding players into a weapon. I float around and fill up whoever is hitting something I can't hit or to overwhelm, or players who can spread my venom more effectively. Driving whoever has the Dragon Banner is nice for that, I can help them hang around a bit longer and they have a great RWV spread, and then I can turn them into a sort of shield or ram to work off of.

I think they should have leaned more into Specter supporting other players but more so, along with Rot Wallow Venom spread, actively intensifying ally and tethered ally skills and sending some of our stuff through their stuff. Or also adding a layer of effectiveness to their skill range, radius, conditions, or other modifiers but would have to be actively maintained in thief fashion. 

That's still largely single target though aside from the current group stuff and a lot of people still seem apprehensive about that. 

Edited by kash.9213

The demand for support thief basically came about due to the realisation that if all you can bring to the table is move fast and kill stuff, you don't really have much versatility in organised PvE. There are some encounters where thieves were useful for specific mechanics, but otherwise they were just competing for DPS slots.

Spectre has done fairly well for boosting thief in such content. Alactre isn't mechanist, but it's still a pretty good alacrity source. It's also brought a nice condi build with it.

It also still seems to perform well in sPvP as an alternative to purely decapping and +1ing, although it's generally still beneficial to be one of the team members that can detach for a decap when an opportunity arises (or you need to disengage).

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

The demand for support thief basically came about due to the realisation that if all you can bring to the table is move fast and kill stuff, you don't really have much versatility in organised PvE. There are some encounters where thieves were useful for specific mechanics, but otherwise they were just competing for DPS slots.

Spectre has done fairly well for boosting thief in such content. Alactre isn't mechanist, but it's still a pretty good alacrity source. It's also brought a nice condi build with it.

It also still seems to perform well in sPvP as an alternative to purely decapping and +1ing, although it's generally still beneficial to be one of the team members that can detach for a decap when an opportunity arises (or you need to disengage).

We wanted supoort thief to support an entire team through whatever methods...not 1 guy. Its like getting crumbs instead of a cookie of our own

Changes are here. Apparently most of the "while in stealth" have been changed to "when entering or exiting" stealth.

Shadow Arts

• Concealing Restoration: This trait has been removed and replaced by Merciful Ambush.
  • Merciful Ambush: This trait has been moved to adept minor and now heals when entering or exiting stealth instead of applying a pulse heal upon entering stealth.
  • Shielding Restoration: This trait fills the slot previously held by Merciful Ambush. It grants barrier to nearby allies after using a healing skill.
  • Shadow's Embrace: This trait now removes a damaging condition when entering or exiting stealth instead of at every interval while in stealth. This effect also applies to stealth granted to allies.
  • Hidden Thief: This trait has been reworked. Stealing now inflicts blindness, and stealth attacks now inflict weakness.
  • Meld with Shadows: This trait has been reworked. Players now gain Superspeed when entering or exiting stealth.
  • Leeching Venoms: This trait now grants stacks of Spider Venom when entering or exiting stealth instead of every interval while in stealth.
  • Flickering Shadows: This trait has been removed and replaced by Cloaked in Shadow.
  • Cover of Shadow: This trait fills the slot previously held by Cloaked in Shadow. Players now gain protection when entering or exiting stealth. This effect also applies to stealth granted to allies.
  • Shadow's Rejuvenation: This trait no longer grants healing or initiative while in stealth and instead grants initiative when entering or exiting stealth.
  • Rending Shade: Increased the number of boons stolen from 1 to 2 in PvP and WvW.