From the june studio update

2 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Then what does ANet say to all the players who bought

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endless_Repair_Contract

That should move those up by a thousand gold each, wouldn't be surprised to see a baron buy them all up by this time tomorrow and repost them. That said wouldn't be the first time when they took high value items and smashed them so be careful there.

3 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Then what does ANet say to all the players who bought

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endless_Repair_Contract

Refund them in some way I guess. I mean, you could say the same for what Anet is set to do already. They are changing the functionality in a big way and some players who invested in that item may feel the rug is being pulled out from under them getting a tiny buff timer refresh.

Will be interesting to see the full list of changes on Friday.  I mean…herald granting quickness seems pretty bonkers for the WvW Zerg meta since Herald has been a pretty staple DPS as it is with them already taking Draconic Echo.  

Adding AoE quickness on top of that?  Wow.

Edited by Dahkeus.8243
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

did i get that right? it will be an Enhancement?

so it will compete with Sharpening stones... aka noone is ever going to use it. Calm down lads. its not like its a unique extra buff ontop of something.... its just a free enhancement.

We don't know if it is an actual enhancement or if they just used that word to avoid repeating the same words over and over again.

But even if it will compete with sharpening stones, the latter add a rather small bonus for a cost and short duration. Either way those defensive "enhancements" have to be very - VERY - minor, insignificant basically - to not have a negative impact on WvW And that would make them useless in PvE - which is clearly the game mode they are focusing on.

But their intention to give even more boons to everyone and everything is going to be a bigger deal anyway ...

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Yeah it's like...why.  Just make the health and defense buff baseline, because of course everyone is going to want the small 12 hr buff you get from randomly using them now.

Which is like the inverse 'everyone wins' scenario they've been doing for years now.  Back when you had armor damage in WvW you got penalized for not repairing (negative health and defense), now you get more health and defense for doing nothing but using the anvil...

Indeed. This change shows a lack of imagination and ambition. Anvils could be interesting, if they required more work to provide the buff. Arenanet's goal of total convenience is counter to the production of GAMES. I read this on MassivelyOP only recently, and it reminded me of HoT, when Arenanet automated some of the laborious chores from WvW.
https://massivelyop.com/2022/06/09/massively-overthinking-every-mmo-inconvenience-is-someone-elses-game/

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

We went from not worrying about repairs, to having to maintain yet another buff in wvw, and probably just so they can keep the repair canister relevant. Just make it a baseline buff and be done with it kitten.

This would entirely be the only reason they didn't just outright remove it, if you have the infinite canister now, the buff stays on perm, so it in a shared slot is essentially your account buffed forever with no need to visit the stone. 

They changed one of their black lion chest drops to just be a passive account buff if you have it... 

Edited by Gorem.8104

4 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

This would entirely be the only reason they didn't just outright remove it, if you have the infinite canister now, the buff stays on perm, so it in a shared slot is essentially your account buffed forever with no need to visit the stone. 

They changed one of their black lion chest drops to just be a passive account buff if you have it... 

If I didn't know better, I'd say you're very close to saying, "Pay2Win."

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Svarty.8019 said:

If I didn't know better, I'd say you're very close to saying, "Pay2Win."

Hah, that's an interesting point. This is then the first item in the Black lion store, that grants the player stats that are effective in wvw and pve. 

You can buy a stat increase. But hey, at least others can have it by using the anvil. But interesting slope to be on. 

20 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Hah, that's an interesting point. This is then the first item in the Black lion store, that grants the player stats that are effective in wvw and pve. 

You can buy a stat increase. But hey, at least others can have it by using the anvil. But interesting slope to be on. 

people will literally call everything p2w.  

The permanent anvil from the Gemstore is so far away from being p2w.... its not even funny at this point.

• Confused 1

On 6/22/2022 at 2:54 PM, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

How are you gonna know who's there to play WvW for a couple hours a week, and who's just there to get the buff for raids?

You can get the buff from any anvil, anywhere, or the repair canisters, or the permanent canister. No need to go to WvW for the buff.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

people will literally call everything p2w.  

The permanent anvil from the Gemstore is so far away from being p2w.... its not even funny at this point.

whose people? and whose everything? One thing was noticed as being the first thing to ever grant stats that is buyable with real life money, But also its fortunate that said buff is still available to everyone just using a tool every 12 hours. I wouldn't call it p2w myself, I just said its a slope we were on. 

Unless you were talking to someone else, or an entirely different community?