Necromancer Patch Notes (June 28th)

KrHome.1920

Necromancer

Warhorn

• Wail of Doom: This skill now inflicts 1 second of fear instead of 2 seconds of daze on enemies. This skill inflicts bonus defiance-bar damage on defiant enemies.
  • Locust Swarm: This skill now heals nearby allies around the necromancer based on the number of enemies hit, in addition to its previous effects.

Utility

• Corrosive Poison Cloud: Reduced duration from 8 seconds to 6 seconds in PvP only.

Soul Reaping

• Death Perception: This trait now gives 10% critical chance, regardless of whether the necromancer is in shroud. This trait now increases critical damage by 15% instead of increasing ferocity while in shroud.

Blood Magic

• Blood Bank: Now also converts incoming healing from healing-over-time effects such as regeneration into barrier. This effect now only occurs while in combat. To account for healing-over-time effects now activating this trait, the percentage of incoming healing converted to barrier has been reduced from 15% to 10% in PvE and from 10% to 5% in PvP and WvW.
  • Banshee's Wail: This trait now grants a 10% bonus to outgoing healing effectiveness in addition to its previous effects.

Reaper

• Nightfall: Reduced cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Grasping Darkness: Reduced cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • "Your Soul Is Mine!": Increased base heal from 4,555 to 6,174 in PvP and WvW. Increased base life force generation from 5% to 10% in PvP and WvW.
  • "You Are All Weaklings!": Increased weakness duration from 3 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP and WvW. Increased base might stacks from 5 to 8 in PvP and WvW.
  • "Chilled to the Bone!": Reduced cooldown from 75 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP and WvW.

Harbinger

• Elixirs: All elixirs now use normal projectile targeting underwater, instead of using ground targeting.
  • Elixir of Ambition: Reduced might stacks from 25 to 10 in PvP only.
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Well that's some unexpected reaper buff...

The harbinger nerf is not as minuscule as it seems. That's a big hit to the damage buffing capability for other classes (willbender) in sPvP.

Dread finally becomes a viable trait option for reapers, harbingers and in general necro's that don't run staff, since warhorn now applies (hopefully still unblockable) fear. This can compensate the loss of crit chance in death perception.

I like these changes.

Edited by KrHome.1920
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

No one cares about the warhorn change.

It's just more free nerfs for overall (especially for harbingers), and not enough being done to buff reapers.

anet still didn't even revert the lich form damage reduction and the baseless wurm CD increase from a few months back.

Remember they even nerfed "Rise!" out of all things a few patches ago alongside wells kek

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

It's just more free nerfs for overall (especially for harbingers)

As if harbinger did not deserve this specific nerf. The 25 might stack is exactly what needed to be adressed to weaken the synergy of harbinger and willbender, which kicked other builds out of the meta. It's even remarkable that ANet thinks that no further nerfs are needed after all the forum complaints.

Edited by KrHome.1920
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Devas.8104 said:

The death perception rework is a -23% critical chance reduction while in shroud, and a 5% critical damage nerf.

lol

Yeah but it's a 10% crit chance and 15% crit damage buff out of shroud.

At worse you'll use marauder gear instead of berserker gear.

Edited by Dadnir.5038
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Ohh, I read it as 15% crit damage whilst in shroud. I wish they worded it better, like "This trait now grants you +10% crit chance and +15% crit damage, instead of the previous effects."

Edited by Lahmia.2193

43 minutes ago, KrHome.1920 said:

Well that's some unexpected reaper buff...

The harbinger nerf is not as minuscule as it seems. That's a big hit to the damage buffing capability for other classes (willbender) in sPvP.

Dread finally becomes a viable trait option for reapers, harbingers and in general necro's that don't run staff, since warhorn now applies (hopefully still unblockable) fear. This can compensate the loss of crit chance in death perception.

I like these changes.

It's actually a reaper nerf for PvE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, KrHome.1920 said:

Necromancer

Warhorn

• Wail of Doom: This skill now inflicts 1 second of fear instead of 2 seconds of daze on enemies. This skill inflicts bonus defiance-bar damage on defiant enemies.
  • Locust Swarm: This skill now heals nearby allies around the necromancer based on the number of enemies hit, in addition to its previous effects.
  • Banshee's Wail: This trait now grants a 10% bonus to outgoing healing effectiveness in addition to its previous effects.

Hmmm if only there was a weapon that necro had, that has had healing attached to it since day 1, and could share that healing with allies, using a blood magic trait.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

You didn't read that one right.

It's 10% critchance at all time and 15% crit damage while in shroud.

But even if reaper magically gets fury, the current build isn't really playable anymore, because you will be at 85% critchance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Options to critcap reaper:

1. Change all gear except weapons, shoulder and chest to assassin's stats, but loose a lot of power

2. Use decimate defenses trait and loose 10% dmg

3. Use thief rune, but loose 225 ferocity (15% critdmg)

And there's one last option:

Sleep with rngesus, and pray for the crits.

"One major goal for this update is for the same build and equipment to work both in and out of organized play. Unique stacking bonuses to attributes, especially precision, have been a problem here"

Anets words.

Edited by Nimon.7840
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Nimon.7840 said:

You didn't read that one right.

It's 10% critchance at all time and 15% crit damage while in shroud.

But even if reaper magically gets fury, the current build isn't really playable anymore, because you will be at 85% critchance.

1 hour ago, KrHome.1920 said:

Death Perception: This trait now gives 10% critical chance, regardless of whether the necromancer is in shroud. This trait now increases critical damage by 15% instead of increasing ferocity while in shroud.

See bolded word. For me it mean that it's not limited to shroud.

Edited by Dadnir.5038

Death Perception:

Not sure how the change from 300 ferocity to +15% of damage is calculated. I guess they just flat add it as another multiplier - otherwise the whole change would not make sense and they could just have lowered the ferocitiy to 225.

What I am talking about: E.g. berserker + scholar rune gives 2557 power x 2,29 crit multiplier:

With current death perception - which grants ferocitiy - this adds up to 2557 power x 2,49 crit mulitplier = 6367

With the new death perception - that adds 15% crit damage - the math could be: 2557 power x 2,29 crit multiplier x 1,15 = 6734

This would actually be a BUFF.

Edited by KrHome.1920
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, KrHome.1920 said:

Death Perception:

Not sure how the change from 300 ferocity to +15% of damage is calculated. I guess they just flat add it as another multiplier - otherwise the whole change would not make sense and they could just have lowered the ferocitiy to 225.

What I am talking about: E.g. berserker + scholar rune gives 2557 power x 2,29 crit multiplier:

With current death perception - which grants ferocitiy - this adds up to 2557 power x 2,49 crit mulitplier = 6367

With the new death perception - that adds 15% crit damage - the math could be: 2557 power x 2,29 crit multiplier x 1,15 = 6734

But since you are not critcapped anymore and only crit 85% of the time you have to:

6734 x 0.85 = 5724

Just now, Nimon.7840 said:

Yep exactly. 

Right now: gain 300 ferocity while in shroud.

After the patch instead gain 15% critdmg while in shroud

Nope, nothing say that the 15% crit damage are in shroud. It say that it increase crit damage by 15% instead of the previous bonus that increased ferocity while in shroud. It doesn't say that it increase crit damage by 15% while in shroud instead of increasing ferocity like you seem to read it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KrHome.1920 said:

Death Perception:

nah, current ferocity gives you 20% crit dmg. and new one gives 15%. the math is in your 2nd example pultiplies the crit dmg as well with 15%. but i guess its just additive there. so overall 2557 power x (2,29 + 0,15)=2,44 crit multiplier.

8 minutes ago, Nimon.7840 said:

But since you are not critcapped anymore and only crit 85% of the time you have to:

6734 x 0.85 = 5724

This is the bigger picture I can not say much about. I have no overview over the synergies with others classes. But I guess the community will develop meta comps that cap crit chance or the alternative: no dps build is able to cap crit chance anymore.

/edit: fixed wrong quote

4 minutes ago, Zero.3871 said:

nah, current ferocity gives you 20% crit dmg. and new one gives 15%. the math is in your 2nd example pultiplies the crit dmg as well with 15%. but i guess its just additive there. so overall 2557 power x (2,29 + 0,15)=2,44 crit multiplier.

Maybe ... but like I said, they could just have lowered ferocity to 225 to achieve this. This 15% solution implies they changed the math.

Edited by KrHome.1920
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Nope, nothing say that the 15% crit damage are in shroud. It say that it increase crit damage by 15% instead of the previous bonus that increased ferocity while in shroud. It doesn't say that it increase crit damage by 15% while in shroud instead of increasing ferocity like you seem to read it.

Could mean both. We gotta see

• Like 1

Just now, Nimon.7840 said:

6734 x 0.85 = 5724

There is many way to be crit cap as reaper. Maradeur put you at 95% with just fury and death perception. You can use some runes with precision, you can use curse, you can use reaper's specific trait that increase crit chance based on vuln... etc.

1 hour ago, Devas.8104 said:

No one cares about the warhorn change.

It's just more free nerfs for overall (especially for harbingers), and not enough being done to buff reapers.

anet still didn't even revert the lich form damage reduction and the baseless wurm CD increase from a few months back.

Remember they even nerfed "Rise!" out of all things a few patches ago alongside wells kek

Actually, I can see why people care ALOT about the WH change since daze interacts with NOTHING as a Necro and Fear interacts with LOTS of things as a Necro. #besalty

I mean, you say more free nerfs? I think you need to go back and read the notes. Most of these changes are  buffs here. Let's keep it honest OK?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

• Death Perception: This trait now gives 10% critical chance, regardless of whether the necromancer is in shroud. This trait now increases critical damage by 15% instead of increasing ferocity while in shroud.

i would guess since they precisely note the 10% crit chance regardless of shroud in 1st sentence, lead to idea that the 15% crit dmg are just inside shroud. but we will see at tuesday^^

• Like 1