So how will you build your Boontamed after tomorrow’s patch?

Rysdude.3824

Hammer only.
Trying to start out with 0 Boon Duration on Gear in full Berserkers, few Assassin Pieces to reach 55% Base Crit. This will be enough to crit cap with Skirmishing Traitline (30% Crit Fury thanks to Vicious Quarry, 15% Crit flanking from Hunter's Tactics which is going to be buffed to 15% Crit tomorrow.)

Skirmishing/Nature Magic/Untamed.

Only two Spirits trying to make Fervent Force count. Running Water Spirit, Storm Spirit (because it's an additional CC for Fervent Force), Frost Trap and Exploding Spores (CC - Fervent Force). Nature Spirit/Entangle depending on encounter.

Pet will be Iboga as it is our best default DPS option and a Wyvern/Gazelle on swap for extra CC most of the time. Pretty Druid-ish.

Should I be able to maintain Alacrity and maybe hit 20k+ DPS I am happy for a start with this setup. If Alacrity isn't comfy (which is likely) I would try to up the Boon Duration a bit before considering a third spirit, starting out with Concentration Sigil over Impact and Food/Consumable before considering Diviner Pieces.

Is it going to be the best or even meta definining? Absolutely not. But maybe a start.

And I know this is Untamed, but I'll also gonna try a full Vipers Krait Runes Condi Alacrity Soulbeast running three Spirits+Moa Stance. Maybe this Build is suitable as a budget Alacrity option for any player owning a run of the mill Condi Soulbeast setup without any necessity to make any changes to gear.

Edited by Mauti.3520
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Levetty.1279 said:

Eles and Warriors are trying to pretend Untamed is going to be top alacrity sharer after the patch so they can continue their pity jerk that Warrior and Ele are the classes in the worse position.

Let's be honest- they will be worse.

Ranger at least gets a sensible alac option with a generous duration- warrior is getting quick WHEN IT USES THE BANNER SKILL AND NOWHERE ELSE, at least that's what it sounds like. Not exactly great.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

Let's be honest- they will be worse.

Ranger at least gets a sensible alac option with a generous duration- warrior is getting quick WHEN IT USES THE BANNER SKILL AND NOWHERE ELSE, at least that's what it sounds like. Not exactly great.

Warrior gets a usable DPS option and is useful in WvW. Ranger gets its mediocre dps builds nerfed into the ground because the dev checked the wiki page and nobody is going to bother with the terrible and clunky spirit mechanic now that they don't give unique buffs.

Come back when Warrior banners can be killed. In fact don't bother, just kitten off back to the warrior forums troll.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

33 minutes ago, Levetty.1279 said:

Warrior gets a usable DPS option and is useful in WvW. Ranger gets its mediocre dps builds nerfed into the ground because the dev checked the wiki page and nobody is going to bother with the terrible and clunky spirit mechanic now that they don't give unique buffs.

Come back when Warrior banners can be killed. In fact don't bother, just kitten off back to the warrior forums troll.

Warrior's DPS, as far as I'm aware, has been hit way worse than even ranger's, because at least untamed benches 33k and only got hit with the crit nerfs. And it also actually has utility to go along with it with minimal investment- roughly 1k lost (due to Bountiful Hunter in NM giving a 10% damage boost when at 10 boons), but with bonuses for alacrity and potential to be a semi-heal semi-dps semi-boon build.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I don't even play warrior. Ranger is my main. Warrior got hit SIGNIFICANTLY harder this patch with banner changes AND dps nerfs- we got hit bad, but they're done for.

Edited by RainbowTurtle.3542
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, BumboJumbo.1308 said:

Untamed won't get a boon support/dps hybrid because of how the boons are acquired. 

You summon the spirits, then it passively generates boons every 3 seconds, you activate them again to get alacrity. 

The only boon you'll be able to spam is alacrity. Unless, of course, the patch gives extra detail that the preview hasn't covered like spirits getting an extra boons on its 2nd activation.

Spirits will be pulsing boons. Water pulses regen, Frost pulses might, stone pulses protection, storm pulses fury, sun pulses vigor. It's not one and done, and it'll give untamed some boon potential. Once the boons are up they'll likely stay up.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

Spirits will be pulsing boons. Water pulses regen, Frost pulses might, stone pulses protection, storm pulses fury, sun pulses vigor. It's not one and done, and it'll give untamed some boon potential. Once the boons are up they'll likely stay up.

You're right. I'm a dumb-dumb

9 hours ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

warrior is getting quick WHEN IT USES THE BANNER SKILL AND NOWHERE ELSE, at least that's what it sounds like. Not exactly great.

That's not exactly true. The warrior's main source of group quickness will probably be Martial cadence and they will have to use banners/Warhorn to fill the quickness downtime.

To be fair, what really kill warrior is that every single one of their dps builds used discipline and relied on the trait Double standard. The loss of the extra damage coming from this trait is a painful nerf to the traitline. A traitline that many warrior feel forced to use for the benefits of the trait Fast hand.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

Warrior's DPS, as far as I'm aware, has been hit way worse than even ranger's, because at least untamed benches 33k and only got hit with the crit nerfs. And it also actually has utility to go along with it with minimal investment- roughly 1k lost (due to Bountiful Hunter in NM giving a 10% damage boost when at 10 boons), but with bonuses for alacrity and potential to be a semi-heal semi-dps semi-boon build.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I don't even play warrior. Ranger is my main. Warrior got hit SIGNIFICANTLY harder this patch with banner changes AND dps nerfs- we got hit bad, but they're done for.

No, the nerf to OWP is going to bring Ranger from a mediocre DPS option in fractal/raid to a subpar DPS option.

There will be no need to run Alac with clunky spirits with subpar DPS Ranger when you can just run Renegade and still have much higher DPS.

In other words, no group aiming at optimization is going to want Ranger for alac. Rangers will become a class with adequate condi output, failing power output, and if you REALLY want to run alac on Ranger, a good old fashioned Heal Druid with spirits pumping alac will actually be good.

A Heal Druid creating a T4 party will by itself be able to handle: Large burst healing, Large sustained regens, Prot uptime, Stab uptime, power & condi damage buffs, instant revives, and now perma alac. After a Heal Druid forming the party center, all you need is quickness & DPS.

Alternatively you could attempt to run a Condi Soulbeast with spirits & stance shares and stats like ritualist, to capitalize on Alac, but what's the point? It'll be lack luster with OWP nerf and your sustained DPS by yourself will be bad without the power side of Viper gear. Condi Soulbeast will still fair better as a straight DPS options.

But there will be no magically viable Power Soulbeast / Power Untamed. Absolutely none of that will pan out well.

We'll just have DPS Condi Soulbeasts & Heal Druid Alac after this patch. Mark my words. You know what though, people could get experimental and try Celestial Druid for a bit less burst heal and a lot more DPS, while maintaining the alac output. I might go this route and test it today.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Mauti.3520 said:

And I know this is Untamed, but I'll also gonna try a full Vipers Krait Runes Condi Alacrity Soulbeast running three Spirits+Moa Stance. Maybe this Build is suitable as a budget Alacrity option for any player owning a run of the mill Condi Soulbeast setup without any necessity to make any changes to gear.

Oh this is an interesting idea, running spirits + Moa. That could have a really high alac uptime with NM while allowing full or close to full viper's gear. Might have to give that a try!

People alac is just 3 seconds on a 30s cooldown but each spirit. I don’t understand why are you so hyped for it. Use your eyes… 

Nike already did a video and I agree soulbeast and unplayed are in the uninstall category. 

i disagree druid is A tier thou, without spotter and unique buffs I would place it in Low B - high C due to the burst heals + CCs for breakbars.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

People alac is just 3 seconds on a 30s cooldown but each spirit. I don’t understand why are you so hyped for it. Use your eyes… 

Nike already did a video and I agree soulbeast and unplayed are in the uninstall category. 

i disagree druid is A tier thou, without spotter and unique buffs I would place it in Low B - high C due to the burst heals + CCs for breakbars.

Spirit actives are a 20s cooldown... Fervent Force helps speed that along too. It won't be the best alac, but it'll have plenty to work with, according to SnowCrows trusted individuals on their public discord.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

after doing some testing IG

Druid has insane boon output, on the same level as mechanist - and has room for more utilities. And tempest is loosing a lot of healing in order to painfully upkeep alacrity, while druid can now boost its healing power instead of using GOTL if you have a secondary might generator in your sub -or by sacrificing one spirit for the sharing glyph, which is now viable as well depending on your group. Def. A tier in the department of heal-alac provider

untamed can upkeep the alac with just a little bit of concentration and the rest in zerk, while actually just using one skill slot for spirit, which makes it actually more useful than it was before the patch. Now let's see if some theorycrafters can actually make it work or not.

I don't play SB outside of WvW so I didn't test it. I guess I can't say Nike is wrong on this one. 

• Haha 1

I have to check it out after this comments, as I thought Spirits feel and are useless:

• 1s boon pulse. Aside from the remorseless proc SB I don't see how 1s every 3 can do anything. Not even when capping at 100% boon duration you can have more than a 66% coverage. 
  • Alac is only 4s. Which means you your max is going to be ~70% coverage  or at least 3 spirits with 100% boon duration. 
  • Spirits still static and no use outside from raids. Maybe tower camping with sicem remorseless SB. 

Like seriously why the heck would you ever pick druid over any other class now that has not unique utility. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

Spirit actives are a 20s cooldown... Fervent Force helps speed that along too. It won't be the best alac, but it'll have plenty to work with, according to SnowCrows trusted individuals on their public discord.

Still with current values you have to do a perfect rotation to get.. 66% coverage. 

Fervent Force is a gimmick: I have already explained even Unplayed in No-Damage Hammeroo only has access to 2 skills ( #3 and #5 ) which translates to 4s of CD reduction (I think I remember it was only 2s by CC application).  Even if you could double the CD reduction it would be garbage because you have to give up all your damage as even in PVE the dual aspect hammer is hot garbage. 

Let's see what Snowcrows actually release because the benchmarks hasn't been never any good, mediocre at best. And Druid had the excuse of unique buffs but that is no more on the table. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Still with current values you have to do a perfect rotation to get.. 66% coverage. 

Fervent Force is a gimmick: I have already explained even Unplayed in No-Damage Hammeroo only has access to 2 skills ( #3 and #5 ) which translates to 4s of CD reduction (I think I remember it was only 2s by CC application).  Even if you could double the CD reduction it would be garbage because you have to give up all your damage as even in PVE the dual aspect hammer is hot garbage. 

Let's see what Snowcrows actually release because the benchmarks hasn't been never any good, mediocre at best. And Druid had the excuse of unique buffs but that is no more on the table. 

Axe warhorn/torch is far better than hammer on untamed. or it was before this patch. Condi obviously.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

I have to check it out after this comments, as I thought Spirits feel and are useless:

• 1s boon pulse. Aside from the remorseless proc SB I don't see how 1s every 3 can do anything. Not even when capping at 100% boon duration you can have more than a 66% coverage. 
  • Alac is only 4s. Which means you your max is going to be ~70% coverage  or at least 3 spirits with 100% boon duration. 
  • Spirits still static and no use outside from raids. Maybe tower camping with sicem remorseless SB. 

Like seriously why the heck would you ever pick druid over any other class now that has not unique utility. 

With 100% boon duration you just need 2 spirits to keep alacrity up.

100% boon duration means that spirits give 8 seconds of alacrity on their active skills. Alacrity is reducing their skill cooldowns from 20 seconds to 16 seconds.