Poor Man's Mechanist

Fwog.9387

I hate that i have to call it this. After toying around with it today. I don't know what anet was smoking. Unlike banners, i was actually optimistic spirits would be at least decent. Idk why i wouldn't just play mechanist. I wont have to devote my entire utility bar to maintaining alacrity, and maybe 2 other boons that slightly matter. I think they were drunk or something when they decided... yeah 1 might every 3 seconds is enough for 1 utility slot. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 3

22 minutes ago, shib.1369 said:

Wait... Is it seriously just 1 stack every 3 seconds?? Plus the GotL nerf?? 

How long is the alacrity duration  per spirit skill with 100% bd (i.e. meta druid stats)?

All skill cooldowns are 20 seconds for each spirit and with 100% boon duration you get 8 seconds of alacrity. Might uptime feels really really bad. 

• Like 2

It is only a 4 second base duration. 100% boon duration doubles it to 8 seconds. 

Oh wait i know what you meant. Nvm. You meant the cooldown. Yeah that was 20 seconds before alacrity. 

Edited by Jaricko.6143
I wrong.

Honestly, with Anet making might more accessible from DPS players, and having 2 boon supports per 5 man group, I don't think the loss in might is such a big issue. I feel like heal alac Druid and heal alac Mechanist are on a pretty even playing field, unless I'm missing something.

Edited by Shaogin.2679

The only thing druid is really better at is entangle. Heal mech has better boons, good healing, barrier and now with some changes, its CC is even a little bit better (more stun and no longer interrupts the mechs abilities) 

Druid might also have more CC overall. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaricko.6143 said:

The only thing druid is really better at is entangle. Heal mech has better boons, good healing, barrier and now with some changes, its CC is even a little bit better (more stun and no longer interrupts the mechs abilities) 

Druid might also have more CC overall. 

How does heal Mech have better boons? I was toying around with it, and Druid can maintain decent might, fury, protection, regeneration, alacrity, and vigor with no issues. Both have sources of projectile destruction, aegis, and stability. Both have pets for dps.  And sure, Mech barrier and heals are good, but so are Druid heals. It really doesn't appear that one is a significantly better choice over the other.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Perfect upkeep of Alacrity, Might, Vigor, Protection, Fury. It has potential access to high swiftness and resolution. Mech actually does a fair bit of dps for whatever that is worth though more dps does not a healer make. Its also the goto for fractal healing as it makes fractals way more forgiving in pugs. Though you have to dance around with your kits a lot. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jaricko.6143 said:

I hate that i have to call it this. After toying around with it today. I don't know what anet was smoking. Unlike banners, i was actually optimistic spirits would be at least decent. Idk why i wouldn't just play mechanist. I wont have to devote my entire utility bar to maintaining alacrity, and maybe 2 other boons that slightly matter. I think they were drunk or something when they decided... yeah 1 might every 3 seconds is enough for 1 utility slot. 

Just checked it and yeah you can't upkeep might anymore, and the other boons that are provided by spirits aren't permanent - they refresh as soon as it expires. This means that if a boss sneezes on your spirit and it dies, you now lost X boon for awhile (i'm saying all this with 100% boon duration). I found you have to take lingering light now and have someone else bring squad might to be effective. Your focus is now heal and alac but you provide nothing else a healmech would give.. It's functional but far worse than just bringing an engineer.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Jaricko.6143 said:

Perfect upkeep of Alacrity, Might, Vigor, Protection, Fury. It has potential access to high swiftness and resolution. Mech actually does a fair bit of dps for whatever that is worth though more dps does not a healer make. Its also the goto for fractal healing as it makes fractals way more forgiving in pugs. Though you have to dance around with your kits a lot. 

Last I checked it does not have perfect upkeep of might. Just been testing Druid here, and was able to maintain 22-25 stacks of might, and perfect upkeep of the rest I mentioned earlier, as well as swiftness which I forgot about earlier. I would have to look at mech dps vs iboga or jarcanda, and while I assume mech might be higher, I doubt it is drastically higher or relevant. Would also like to point out that Druid was not brought to fractals mainly due to the fact that it could not provide quickness or alacrity. I believe Mech is better when it comes to resolution and reflects, but Druid will still be better at revives and possibly CC. I think it may be a close call on the CC. 

Anyways, my point in all this is, from what I can tell, both specs appear to be about equal in terms of heal alac specs. It just doesn't appear at all like a heal alac Druid is completely outclassed and replaced by heal alac Mech.

8 minutes ago, Strider.7849 said:

Just checked it and yeah you can't upkeep might anymore, and the other boons that are provided by spirits aren't permanent - they refresh as soon as it expires. This means that if a boss sneezes on your spirit and it dies, you now lost X boon for awhile (i'm saying all this with 100% boon duration). I found you have to take lingering light now and have someone else bring squad might to be effective. Your focus is now heal and alac but you provide nothing else a healmech would give.. It's functional but far worse than just bringing an engineer.

The boons provided by spirits are also available from other sources as well. Spirits aren't the most amazing utility in the world, but I've never ran into an issue keeping them alive in raids or anything. And why are we suddenly forced into lingering light now? Did I miss something there?

1 hour ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

The boons provided by spirits are also available from other sources as well. Spirits aren't the most amazing utility in the world, but I've never ran into an issue keeping them alive in raids or anything. And why are we suddenly forced into lingering light now? Did I miss something there?

The might provided by the trait makes it where you can't upkeep 25 stacks, instead of taking spotter and that whole line, you take marksmanship d/d/m. Permanent 25 stacks of might + fury + regen. You take lingering light for better heals and access to celestial avatar

19 minutes ago, Strider.7849 said:

The might provided by the trait makes it where you can't upkeep 25 stacks, instead of taking spotter and that whole line, you take marksmanship d/d/m. Permanent 25 stacks of might + fury + regen. You take lingering light for better heals and access to celestial avatar

Uhm, Clarion Bond provides 6 stacks of might for 10s every 20 (16)s with 100% boon duration. Where do you get those perma 25 stacks of might from? Best would most likely be to quickdraw WH5, no?

1 hour ago, Sandzibar.5134 said:

just play mech

the new rifle auto attack is like LB rapid fire on steroids with quickness.

and ITS. A. KITTENING. AUTO-ATTACK.

It's actually insane. That is what convinced me to give up and just make an Engineer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Uhm, Clarion Bond provides 6 stacks of might for 10s every 20 (16)s with 100% boon duration. Where do you get those perma 25 stacks of might from? Best would most likely be to quickdraw WH5, no?

Warhorn + pet swapping + frost spirit, haven't dropped below 25 stacks of might

EDIT: Also need to take into account alacrity on this 
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwEY6MsMBGCThlwIxxbyrdWyyiD-zRRYQBJoG1c9lR1lQ6ZgvHEBIBwl9w9PW8bzC-e

Ahh okay you're right it isn't 25 it's 21 stacks of might. I was upkeeping the rest through my fire field accidently (after I pet swap I cast the firefield immediately on fire wyvern and blast shortly after it finishes).

Edited by Strider.7849

4 hours ago, Jaricko.6143 said:

It is only a 4 second base duration. 100% boon duration doubles it to 8 seconds. 

Oh wait i know what you meant. Nvm. You meant the cooldown. Yeah that was 20 seconds before alacrity. 

How does Fervant Force help with this? Does fervant force effect the 20 sec cool down?

Sure mech is slightly better prob, but Druid is in a pretty kitten good spot atm. A QFB+ Druid combo is very strong now for your subgroup. Perma regen, swiftness, fury, vigor, prot, alac and i think you can still do about 20 stacks of might (with some other classes always contributing a couple of stacks, you will be at 25 stacks). That's a pretty fantastic set. Add great healing, amazing CC, some very strong utility skills. You can almost keep perma alac with 2 spirits (cast time hurts it just a little) but that can be solved by using the elite spirit once at the start of the fight or sth. The fact mech is every so slightly better doesn't mean Druid is trash.

3 hours ago, Rysdude.3824 said:

How does Fervant Force help with this? Does fervant force effect the 20 sec cool down?

Yes it reduces it.

EDIT: So as example, you can get some nice CD recduction through storm sprits daze and whatnot.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Yes it reduces it.

EDIT: So as example, you can get some nice CD recduction through storm sprits daze and whatnot.  

Thats excellent.  Now if they would only change unleashed hammer 3/5 to be leap instead of blast that’d be swell.

5 hours ago, Baseleader.4128 said:

Sure mech is slightly better prob, but Druid is in a pretty kitten good spot atm. A QFB+ Druid combo is very strong now for your subgroup. Perma regen, swiftness, fury, vigor, prot, alac and i think you can still do about 20 stacks of might (with some other classes always contributing a couple of stacks, you will be at 25 stacks). That's a pretty fantastic set. Add great healing, amazing CC, some very strong utility skills. You can almost keep perma alac with 2 spirits (cast time hurts it just a little) but that can be solved by using the elite spirit once at the start of the fight or sth. The fact mech is every so slightly better doesn't mean Druid is trash.

Are you kidding , everything is trash in healing compared to mech and QHB now

• Like 2
  • Confused 1