I realized that people said about 20k 40k dmg

11 hours ago, XenMaster.7165 said:

Uhm, all my accessories and my hammer are ascended while my armor is exotic, all berserker stats. My runes is Superior of the Pack. Though id rather change it later to more Power stat based. Hammer runes is the one that remove boons when swap weapon and the other one is give might boon everytime you crit.

Its your rotation then , rotation is everything on an engi mess up and its not very forgiving you drop dps like a stone. Im trying to understand what content you are playing so I can get you a good build and rotaion.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Artemis.8034 said:

Its your rotation then , rotation is everything on an engi mess up and its not very forgiving you drop dps like a stone. Im trying to understand what content you are playing so I can get you a good build and rotaion.

not nessecarily. there are people who do the rotation but press one button per second.

• Haha 3

Just now, ShroomOneUp.6913 said:

not nessecarily. there are people who do the rotation but press one button per second.

No i understand that, but I dont know how he plays piano so i cant say, all i can do is try to set him up with the proper build and rotation for the content he does.

4 hours ago, Artemis.8034 said:

No i understand that, but I dont know how he plays piano so i cant say, all i can do is try to set him up with the proper build and rotation for the content he does.

i'd say it better for him to know more skill/trait synergy first. mindlessly learning to press a rotation in order does not necessarily means he knows why this rotation does the damage. rotation comes from that, if he knows why a skill is used in that moment its easier to learn to rotation anyway

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

Then how could you have possibly encountered these “entitled raid players”?

Well you should consider what kind of person you are talking to when they have also claimed to have quit the game which makes it even more difficult to encounter any sort of players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

Then how could you have possibly encountered these “entitled raid players”?

It was in one of them. I was attempting to try and start doing raids.. the people were not very nice.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

On 6/30/2022 at 3:17 AM, Artemis.8034 said:

In PoF Bounty, i use scrapper with hammer, heal gyro, whirl gyro and explode gyro, and rocket turret. Elite skill is mortar kit.

On 6/28/2022 at 8:11 PM, XenMaster.7165 said:

I thought i was undergeared dealing 1-3k dmg turns out they just test the damage in that golem training area with permanent boons. Bruh. You tricked me!

Yeah the meta community is a bit odd here how they dps check, under ideal conditions with every buff known to man. Plenty of people go about it differently though, just do whatever works for you man & enjoy. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, XenMaster.7165 said:

In PoF Bounty, i use scrapper with hammer, heal gyro, whirl gyro and explode gyro, and rocket turret. Elite skill is mortar kit.

Since the change to sustain I just think power scrapper is not that great, holo or mech are better dps and survivability.  And with the change to rifle pretty fun. If you have EoD consider mech in open world and metas or holo , they are both superior than scrapper for now.  I like https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Mechanist_-_Power_Mechanist

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Voyant.1327 said:

Yeah the meta community is a bit odd here how they dps check, under ideal conditions with every buff known to man. Plenty of people go about it differently though, just do whatever works for you man & enjoy. 

I don't think it's weird at all.  The purpose of a benchmark is to demonstrate an optimal rotation that can be used as a standard for comparison.  You could also create a standard without boons, but then you would have to substitute traits, stats, etc. that aren't necessary in actual group play due to boons. 

Any other way would introduce too many variables to provide a one-size-fits-all metric.  Obviously, nobody expects that you'll produce 40k sustained DPS in most encounters because they have mechanics including invuln phases, add phases, splits, and other factors that force you to stop DPS, lose boon uptime, etc.  But if you ask how much damage you should be dealing with a particular spec, sharing a list of DPS against every boss in the game isn't really convenient as a metric.

Edited by AliamRationem.5172
  • Like 2

On 6/30/2022 at 8:45 PM, Dante.1508 said:

It was in one of them. I was attempting to try and start doing raids.. the people were not very nice.

There a good level headed people in the game, and there is a lot of elitism in the game. Group content is probably the worst atm bc its very conform or be exiled for the most part. Not a lot of people seem centered around having fun....

But there's also opportunity there, can always find newer like minded players and approach it together. Community is not very tolerant of this so you'll get a lot of negative feedback when looking for non-meta, but don't be discouraged there's chill people out here too that just want to have fun. Just not as easy to find. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I don't think it's weird at all.  The purpose of a benchmark is to demonstrate an optimal rotation that can be used as a standard for comparison.  You could also create a standard without boons, but then you would have to substitute traits, stats, etc. that aren't necessary in actual group play due to boons. 

Any other way would introduce too many variables to provide a one-size-fits-all metric.  Obviously, nobody expects that you'll produce 40k sustained DPS in most encounters because they have mechanics including invuln phases, add phases, splits, and other factors that force you to stop DPS, lose boon uptime, etc.  But if you ask how much damage you should be dealing with a particular spec, sharing a list of DPS against every boss in the game isn't really convenient as a metric.

It works for that point of view.

Others prefer application of functionality vs ideal operation. (How do you perform when things breakdown vs. how are you at your best.)

As I've mentioned a few times there's a prominent groupthink identity established here & that works for it. For people who prefer to do things by say not stacking or just in general do things differently this might not be the most effective. 

Example the build centers around using a 200 stat above 90% health writ but that person sucks at keeping their health up on their own during a non stack run. On the golem thats ideal, in application it equates to a dps loss bc its not functional. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Voyant.1327 said:

It works for that point of view.

Others prefer application of functionality vs ideal operation. (How do you perform when things breakdown vs. how are you at your best.)

As I've mentioned a few times there's a prominent groupthink identity established here & that works for it. For people who prefer to do things by say not stacking or just in general do things differently this might not be the most effective. 

Example the build centers around using a 200 stat above 90% health writ but that person sucks at keeping their health up on their own during a non stack run. On the golem thats ideal, in application it equates to a dps loss bc its not functional. 

Have you ever seen a group outside of training runs that requires meta builds?  I doubt that you have.  Training runs specifically ask for it because they want to help players to learn and improve.  Once the training wheels come off groups only care about performance.

However, if you're doing things like not stacking (and thus receiving no healing or boons from your supports) and bringing homecooked builds while having no idea how they perform, you're likely to experience issues with other players in organized group play (i.e. fractals, raids, strikes).  This is not because of "groupthink".  It's because your performance is consistently low enough that other players are able to identify it as a problem and say something about it.

If you perform adequately, nobody will ever say anything to you.  How do I know that?  I've been running Trailblazer weaver (a good open world build) for years in daily T4 fractal pickups (enough to earn Fractal Savant) and I've never once had anyone ask me if I'm running a meta build (except when the group wipes and I solo carry a boss from time to time!).  That's because I know that the build I use can bench 80%+ of optimal and I run arcdps to be sure I'm always performing adequately for the DPS role I've signed up for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Voyant.1327 said:

There a good level headed people in the game, and there is a lot of elitism in the game. Group content is probably the worst atm bc its very conform or be exiled for the most part. Not a lot of people seem centered around having fun....

But there's also opportunity there, can always find newer like minded players and approach it together. Community is not very tolerant of this so you'll get a lot of negative feedback when looking for non-meta, but don't be discouraged there's chill people out here too that just want to have fun. Just not as easy to find. 

Again, groups only care about performance.  Personally, I love it when we get some off-meta comp and it works.  But the key is that it works.  Nobody is there to carry a bunch of dead weight through some 2 hour slog of repeatedly dying to fractals they've done hundreds of times because you have bearbow rangers and a shoutheal warrior in the group. 

That's not elitist.  It's just common sense.  You should try to avoid being a liability to your group.  It's pretty simple and nobody cares if you play off-meta.  They just care that it works.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Have you ever seen a group outside of training runs that requires meta builds?  I doubt that you have.  Training runs specifically ask for it because they want to help players to learn and improve.  Once the training wheels come off groups only care about performance.

However, if you're doing things like not stacking (and thus receiving no healing or boons from your supports) and bringing homecooked builds while having no idea how they perform, you're likely to experience issues with other players in organized group play (i.e. fractals, raids, strikes).  This is not because of "groupthink".  It's because your performance is consistently low enough that other players are able to identify it as a problem and say something about it.

If you perform adequately, nobody will ever say anything to you.  How do I know that?  I've been running Trailblazer weaver (a good open world build) for years in daily T4 fractal pickups (enough to earn Fractal Savant) and I've never once had anyone ask me if I'm running a meta build (except when the group wipes and I solo carry a boss from time to time!).  That's because I know that the build I use can bench 80%+ of optimal and I run arcdps to be sure I'm always performing adequately for the DPS role I've signed up for.

This is my literally point though? Yes, for the groupthink point of view who do things in the traditional way it works. For people who like doing things off the wall, it doesn't.

It is entirely ok to do things differently is all it is. My groups center around playing content with a PvP mindset, self reliance and survival. We underman content, jump through games and usually clear most things with half the people. Its always the same deal in every game, "you should play like this."

I stay away from most groups as I find the community to be much like this post. They simply don't understand the goal thus dismiss it outright. I look for players who don't like the way most people play and provide an alternative. Fun > Efficiency. Things still get cleared, takes a little longer, but ultimately people tend to leave feeling satisfied & happy vs. "what do we grind next."

But yes telling me your experience of how you do things is constructive?

I get it you guys like to do things a certain way, that's fine. Stop trying to rain on every single person who does things differently. Check the elitism & realize there are many paths to victory. I explained the position, you don't have to agree, you just have to accept not everyone thinks like you do. 

And easiest way I can highlight the elitism vs not, you're worried about people being a liability, I'm worried about everyone having fun regardless of what happens. Players who do the traditional controlling/pushy stuff you see in most GW2 groups aren't welcome. If someone is having a tough go, we'll work with them to get them to where they want to be NOT where we want them to be. Its just about making sure people have a good time, its relaxed vs the pretense. 

Edited by Voyant.1327
Politeness
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Voyant.1327 said:

This is my literally point though? Yes, for the groupthink point of view who do things in the traditional way it works. For people who like doing things off the wall, it doesn't.

It is entirely ok to do things differently is all it is. My groups center around playing content with a PvP mindset, self reliance and survival. We underman content, jump through games and usually clear most things with half the people. Its always the same deal in every game, "you should play like this."

I stay away from most groups as I find the community to be much like this post. They simply don't understand the goal thus dismiss it outright. I look for players who don't like the way most people play and provide an alternative. Fun > Efficiency. Things still get cleared, takes a little longer, but ultimately people tend to leave feeling satisfied & happy vs. "what do we grind next."

But yes telling me your experience of how you do things is constructive?

I get it you guys like to do things a certain way, that's fine. Stop trying to rain on every single person who does things differently. Check the elitism & realize there are many paths to victory. I explained the position, you don't have to agree, you just have to accept not everyone thinks like you do. 

And easiest way I can highlight the elitism vs not, you're worried about people being a liability, I'm worried about everyone having fun regardless of what happens. Players who do the traditional controlling/pushy stuff you see in most GW2 groups aren't welcome. If someone is having a tough go, we'll work with them to get them to where they want to be NOT where we want them to be. Its just about making sure people have a good time, its relaxed vs the pretense. 

I don't think anybody's stopping you from achieving your goal of forming your own groups to underman content with PvP tactics.  Maybe you can do a group run wearing fuzzy pink hats, too?  Have at it!  

• Like 2