Keep 2vs2 & 3vs3 & 5vs5 seasons active all at once

Havock.1648

There is a different player base which plays these ranked modes so can we please have 2vs2 & 3vs3 & 5vs5 seasons available all at once? 
Make different season duration for 2s and 3s, give different titles to what it has been given until now.

Edited by Kaybosh.5183
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mik.3401 said:

The PvP population is too small for that too work. If they started this way in 2012, made the mode reasonably balanced and fun then maybe it would make sense. 

It does not matter that the population is to small. It's about time at 10 years into the game, that we have access to all pvp options at any given time. More options will bring in more players and in time things will work out. Doing nothing is even worse.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mik.3401 said:

The PvP population is too small for that too work. If they started this way in 2012, made the mode reasonably balanced and fun then maybe it would make sense. 

I don't think this is neccessarily true. All they have to do is add a checkbox for it like they have for Conquest and Stronghold, and it would automatically be considered for all matchmaking.

While I think many would opt out of 2v2, I doubt much if anyone would opt out of 3v3 or 5v5.

It wouldn't shrink the population, it would just mean that for a given match, a group of players gets put into a TDM game instead of a Conquest game, that's all. It would add significantly more variety.

Plus I think the option of having TDM in Unranked would be alot of fun. Conquest is ultimately the downfall of Unranked and why it sucks as a game mode, because its by nature a playground for newbies and build testing, etc. which makes point capture a nuisance rather than a boon.

Also, please give us the promised 10v10 already..

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I don't think this is neccessarily true. All they have to do is add a checkbox for it like they have for Conquest and Stronghold, and it would automatically be considered for all matchmaking.

While I think many would opt out of 2v2, I doubt much if anyone would opt out of 3v3 or 5v5.

It wouldn't shrink the population, it would just mean that for a given match, a group of players gets put into a TDM game instead of a Conquest game, that's all. It would add significantly more variety.

Plus I think the option of having TDM in Unranked would be alot of fun. Conquest is ultimately the downfall of Unranked and why it sucks as a game mode, because its by nature a playground for newbies and build testing, etc. which makes point capture a nuisance rather than a boon.

Also, please give us the promised 10v10 already..

I’m pretty confident there is much more to it than adding a checkbox. And judging by the pace at which they work + priority order I wouldn’t hold my breath. Barely anyone plays pvp and they abandoned it years ago. It hints that this is not a place for investment in their eyes. I would love to be wrong on this one

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mik.3401 said:

I’m pretty confident there is much more to it than adding a checkbox. And judging by the pace at which they work + priority order I wouldn’t hold my breath. Barely anyone plays pvp and they abandoned it years ago. It hints that this is not a place for investment in their eyes. I would love to be wrong on this one

They were already working on it before, so most of the groundwork would already be in place. Team Deathmatch in the form of 10v10 arenas was set to become a standard part of PvP but the last we heard of it was "mostly complete but stuck on UI work" several years ago, and nothing since then.

3 hours ago, Mik.3401 said:

HATE this argument. Imo it has never been true but people keep using it to defend/rationalize Anet's neglect for PvP.
Or do you think Anet needs to immediately shut down Stronghold because "pvp population is too small and Stronghold splits the Q"? Or Unranked in general..
At the time of writing this (not prime time) I have a 1m 40s queue timer on Stronghold-only. Do you think this is the reason why conquest has been on a decline for years?
If anything, other modes would capture their own main player base, increasing the overall pvp population of which conquest would also benefit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, DoomNexus.5324 said:

HATE this argument. Imo it has never been true but people keep using it to defend/rationalize Anet's neglect for PvP.
Or do you think Anet needs to immediately shut down Stronghold because "pvp population is too small and Stronghold splits the Q"? Or Unranked in general..
At the time of writing this (not prime time) I have a 1m 40s queue timer on Stronghold-only. Do you think this is the reason why conquest has been on a decline for years?
If anything, other modes would capture their own main player base, increasing the overall pvp population of which conquest would also benefit.

All i know is that i see the same people on and on in ranked and they keep repeating more and more with time. Also newbies rank in top250 which never happened in first years of the game , now it is just more and more profound.

you may hate it but this is what it is. Of course working on pvp and expanding it would be great. But not without fixing the classes first because it is a literal sh!tshow now. And before you say it - I’m not salty at all I’m just disappointed braindead builds can bring me to P2/3 and I don’t even see myself as a decent player. So I don’t play that mode until they fix it

Edited by Mik.3401

I agree with Mik that the population is not large enough to support everything all at once.  I too see the same ppl day in and day out in my matches with 2-4 min que times on avg.  Not to mention all the bots that we now all know by name and can predict a match's outcome from the start based on who is on your team.

Making all pvp modes available would go a long way into making pvp grow again.

Can still keep the main balance around 5v5, having the other modes be left as unranked, and then just like now every once in awhile, changed ranked 5v5 into ranked 2v2/3v3 with appropriate rewards.

This would make people want to play unranked 2v2/3v3 during off seasons to practice for the ranked 2v2/3v3 seasons as they come up, while still allowing the ranked 5v5 seasons to go on as normal.

Edited by Waffles.5632
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Waffles.5632 said:

Making all pvp modes available would go a long way into making pvp grow again.

Can still keep the main balance around 5v5, having the other modes be left as unranked, and then just like now every once in awhile, changed ranked 5v5 into ranked 2v2/3v3 with appropriate rewards.

This would make people want to play unranked 2v2/3v3 during off seasons to practice for the ranked 2v2/3v3 seasons as they come up, while still allowing the ranked 5v5 seasons to go on as normal.

They can open the game modes, but the ranked seasons need to still be confined to short 2 week every other intervals.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 5:00 PM, DoomNexus.5324 said:

Do people that? I'm pretty sure PvP conquest was never a big focus to begin with. Tournament Panel is unfinished since i started playing the game so i think they never cared much to begin with and just care even less with each coming year. Also just because you hate the low population argument doesn't make it any less untrue. The real reason is Anet disinterest in Conquest, but the low population makes many things just not possible.

Unranked and rank is different then normal ranked, 2v2 ranked 3v3 ranked. Lets say we have 1000 people that play ranked on a mega server you need to have an influx of 2000 people to keep the same q times. Or if we say 2v2 and 3v3 is the same crowd an influx of 1000 which still seems silly for a game as hard to get into as GW 2 PvP. Everything less will have a strong negative influence on the already broken matchmaking.

• Confused 1

TBH I think the biggest problem is they doesn't allow players to play with friends in pvp in a MMO, so you go into an MMO to play the gamemode you like and you have to play solo or almost solo, absurd . So in the end much pvp players that like the challenge and would like to find parties to play pvp leave the game, because ANet hasnt yet realized they are being sucking the fun away from pvp players forcing them to play alone (didnt think it was that hard to realize but here we are).

A simple fix? give more arena coins or whatever for unranked personalized matches, remove unranked from the queue, and for ranked allow 5 people party. It will be hard at the beggining because anet neglection has bleed players out of gw2, but with time it might work and bring players back, and maybe get new pvp players.

Edited by Nymthalas.4019
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Nymthalas.4019 said:

TBH I think the biggest problem is they doesn't allow players to play with friends in pvp in a MMO, so you go into an MMO to play the gamemode you like and you have to play solo or almost solo, absurd . So in the end much pvp players that like the challenge and would like to find parties to play pvp leave the game, because ANet hasnt yet realized they are being sucking the fun away from pvp players forcing them to play alone (didnt think it was that hard to realize but here we are).

A simple fix? give more arena coins or whatever for unranked personalized matches, remove unranked from the queue, and for ranked allow 5 people party. It will be hard at the beggining because anet neglection has bleed players out of gw2, but with time it might work and bring players back, and maybe get new pvp players.

What would you think if I told you that friends in Warcraft made Warcraft even more meta-slavery, because friends can also get information from other sources. Warcraft friends don't know about 1001 possible Setups, they don't know about counter setups, they don't know the very structure of the opposition of forces - chaos/order, life/death, light/shadow, lords of the void (ala Lovecraft). From a certain point on, they became interested only in numbers, and not in the game itself.

Edited by Tescao.3042

On 7/8/2022 at 8:44 AM, Mik.3401 said:

i'd still give it a try

max it's gonna happen is

ok 2v2 or 3v3 is taking 10 mins to find a match and when i find it, it's agaisnt the same duo i can't win or never lose, eitheir way it's not fun i'm not playing it anymore.

But having more options is still better.

Anet might not want to do it just it's one more complaint in the forums

And of course ppl raging cuz now it's an "official" season and they demand classes to also be balance for this game mode.

Edited by Khalisto.5780

27 minutes ago, Tescao.3042 said:

What would you think if I told you that friends in Warcraft made Warcraft even more meta-slavery, because friends can also get information from other sources. Warcraft friends don't know about 1001 possible Setups, they don't know about counter setups, they don't know the very structure of the opposition of forces - chaos/order, life/death, light/shadow, lords of the void (ala Lovecraft). From a certain point on, they became interested only in numbers, and not in the game itself.

That happens in every ranked game, is not warcraft specific, lol has it too, but well is a competitive game mode. So why complaining about the things that comes with competitive games or game modes? I mean if you didnt want competitivenes you could go into random arenas and have fun.

Something important to add, it also happens in LoL, but most people say meta slavery doesnt happen below gold league, and almost every character is viable in almost every lane if you dont rank to the best leagues.

Leagues are there for a reason, and should be a kinda okay way to select for matches. I mean that if you are not super hardcore and want to test strange builds, its ok to be placed silver/gold, so you will find more players like you. you want to be super hardcore and have the skills? game should place you in plat and you would find more players with the same drive and have fun competing in a super hardcore way.

Edited by Nymthalas.4019

20 minutes ago, Nymthalas.4019 said:

That happens in every ranked game, is not warcraft specific, lol has it too, but well is a competitive game mode. So why complaining about the things that comes with competitive games or game modes? I mean if you didnt want competitivenes you could go into random arenas and have fun.

Something important to add, it also happens in LoL, but most people say meta slavery doesnt happen below gold league, and almost every character is viable in almost every lane if you dont rank to the best leagues.

Leagues are there for a reason, and should be a kinda okay way to select for matches. I mean that if you are not super hardcore and want to test strange builds, its ok to be placed silver/gold, so you will find more players like you, you want to be super hardcore and have the skills game should place you in plat and you would find more players with the same drive and have fun competing in a super hardcore way.

There are such complex setups that it would be easier for them to call it useless and switch to meta. I don’t see the competitive part here, I see self-deception here.

Edit: P. S. I've never been interested in Moba is another self-delusion at the peak of the game. You level up your character to then create one peak battle, then a new game.

I have nothing against MOBA players, I just think you should not compare MOBAs and MMOs. Don't forget that Dota 1 is a byproduct of Warcraft 3

Edited by Tescao.3042