Warriors, are you ready for the explanation of why banners were changed that way and crit placed into Arms?

Karagee.6830

17 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

When is this happening? 

Now, over in the Professions tab.

I even got Grouch to reply to me in regards to 'upgrading' warrior weapons to a 'modernized gameplay standard.' He agreed that they are good candidates for upgrades. He even admitted that some mechanical reworks/updates like Engi Rifle, while others just need number tuning.

Now, I will say that his statement about reworks/number tuning could be taken as open ended and encompassing all the classes, but he did directly acknowledge that warrior weapons a good candidates for upgrades.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Sorry I didn't want to search all the possible places to look for it 🙂

Lol there isn't even an explanation. Bet you weren't ready for that??? Well you probably were now that I think about it.

Also lol at saying how banner of strength is an additional source of might - barely 2 stacks of it for a whole utility slot. Those people are clueless.

Also cool to see the devs are going "BUT BLADESWORN" too.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

isn't this it? i assumed it was this, was the only thing i could find, posted 6 hours ago 🤔

I just see what we've already seen a couple weeks ago here. Not even sure why they even thought this worth reposting, it's just pouring oil on fire at this point...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I even got Grouch to reply to me in regards to 'upgrading' warrior weapons to a 'modernized gameplay standard.' He agreed that they are good candidates for upgrades. He even admitted that some mechanical reworks/updates like Engi Rifle, while others just need number tuning.

Now, I will say that his statement about reworks/number tuning could be taken as open ended and encompassing all the classes, but he did directly acknowledge that warrior weapons a good candidates for upgrades.

You truly do have hope still, like, you think they will actually do anything? They said they would change banners months ago, listened to NO ONE or any suggestions, put out an update preview everyone hated then pushed it out anyway. 

At this point, their words mean nothing. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

No offense, but warrior weapons were changed quite a bit over the years. And it took them a long time or the changes didnt do anything at all.

Most notable mention goes to axe. It took them quite a few changes to make it good for PvE. Mace offhand was changed together with offhand sword and others, cant remember which patch it was. While mace OH is good, sword still isnt. Sword MH got a few changes to its bleed and damage (which equal in +/- 0 I guess). Rifle got a rework last year, but its awful and it was worse than engineer rifle before it got buffed 2 weeks ago so the gap is even bigger. Longbow was adressed a few times (F1 nerfs, some minor buffs to LB4 etc). Hammer got some "buffs" which are still not good enough compared to maces. Mace3 needs a big buff.

Unchanged are greatsword and shield which, yes, need some love. Its unlikely that greatsword will be changed much except maybe QoL on 100b.

Some of these weapons dont just need minor adjustments (or worse: simply boons slapped on them).

Edited by anbujackson.9564

53 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Lmao, this was so trashy. 

And you telling me, they will post their philosophy next week too? 

Lamo

I love how Warrior fits the meme "I expected nothing and I was still disappointed" so well 
Maybe that is what Anet is going for.

Instead of explaining why 5% crit was put into a condi Trait line, they just pretended it didn't happen. And they gotta sell EoD to Warriors somehow 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

No offense, but warrior weapons were changed quite a bit over the years. And it took them a long time or the changes didnt do anything at all.

Most notable mention goes to axe. It took them quite a few changes to make it good for PvE. Mace offhand was changed together with offhand sword and others, cant remember which patch it was. While mace OH is good, sword still isnt. Sword MH got a few changes to its bleed and damage (which equal in +/- 0 I guess). Rifle got a rework last year, but its awful and it was worse than engineer rifle before it got buffed 2 weeks ago so the gap is even bigger. Longbow was adressed a few times (F1 nerfs, some minor buffs to LB4 etc). Hammer got some "buffs" which are still not good enough compared to maces. Mace3 needs a big buff.

Unchanged are greatsword and shield which, yes, need some love. Its unlikely that greatsword will be changed much except maybe QoL on 100b.

Some of these weapons dont just need minor adjustments (or worse: simply boons slapped on them).

A lot of the changes were number tuning, or slapping might stack on them and calling it a day. Rifle's ammo rework would have been fine, so long as they did not halve the damage on each skill. Beyond that many of the weapons still exists in a 2012 era gameplay wise even with the tuning they got.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

You truly do have hope still, like, you think they will actually do anything? They said they would change banners months ago, listened to NO ONE or any suggestions, put out an update preview everyone hated then pushed it out anyway. 

At this point, their words mean nothing. 

I do sadly. They are further working banners for August 2nd, which I do not think would have happened if they hadn't heard our rather visceral feedback on the changes. To be honest what they produced is like 1 man hour of work over several months, so I'm interested in what they'll produce with only a few weeks to go.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I do sadly. They are further working banners for August 2nd, which I do not think would have happened if they hadn't heard our rather visceral feedback on the changes. To be honest what they produced is like 1 man hour of work over several months, so I'm interested in what they'll produce with only a few weeks to go.

I can totally see that their August 2nd changes only consists of allowing other players to pick up banners again.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4