Warriors, are you ready for the explanation of why banners were changed that way and crit placed into Arms?

Karagee.6830

I rhink the interesting part for me was the explanation for quickness.

So back at the beginning of the year they announced the rework of banners to provide warrior with a quickness role. Ok. The patch hits and banners alone are not enough at all even when running 4 of them with 100% BD AND the banner trait.

But apparently according to the notes they want you to play every source to provide quickness and only banners was never their intention. My question is, why not say that before instead of focussing the community on banners? If I would have known before that I need a different traitline, a different weapon and plenty of utility skills then I wouldnt have been hyped and extremely dissapointed afterwards in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/9/2022 at 5:30 PM, anbujackson.9564 said:

No offense, but warrior weapons were changed quite a bit over the years. And it took them a long time or the changes didnt do anything at all.

Most notable mention goes to axe. It took them quite a few changes to make it good for PvE. Mace offhand was changed together with offhand sword and others, cant remember which patch it was. While mace OH is good, sword still isnt. Sword MH got a few changes to its bleed and damage (which equal in +/- 0 I guess). Rifle got a rework last year, but its awful and it was worse than engineer rifle before it got buffed 2 weeks ago so the gap is even bigger. Longbow was adressed a few times (F1 nerfs, some minor buffs to LB4 etc). Hammer got some "buffs" which are still not good enough compared to maces. Mace3 needs a big buff.

Unchanged are greatsword and shield which, yes, need some love. Its unlikely that greatsword will be changed much except maybe QoL on 100b.

Some of these weapons dont just need minor adjustments (or worse: simply boons slapped on them).

they gutted greatsword coefficients across the board even before feb 2020 and they gutted the coefficients even more during feb 2020 not counting the blanket power damage reduction.

it used to be one of the few things holding warrior up.

they gutted it on purpose to force people into different weapons and playstyles but other weapons and playstyles were 💩.

warrior gs is a far cry from what it once was.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

why are they even offering an explanation when they have no intention to explain anything. haven't they aggravated the community enough? they're just showing more ineptitude.

at this point i don't even believe they have any intention on working on addressing any of warriors main issues.

it was evident on their roadmap for the rest of the year, that none of it is even on the table.

if they're going to show otherwise, if they're going to fix warrior, we won't see it until they show it in their work. and how long is that going to take? another few years?

at this point we should all just move on, *play another game.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, eXruina.4956 said:

why are they even offering an explanation when they have no intention to explain anything. haven't they aggravated the community enough? they're just showing more ineptitude.

at this point i don't even believe they have any intention on working on addressing any of warriors main issues.

it was evident on their roadmap for the rest of the year, that none of it is even on the table.

if they're going to show otherwise, if they're going to fix warrior, we won't see it until they show it in their work. and how long is that going to take? another few years?

at this point we should all just move on, play another class, or better, play another game.

Nope. Don't even play another class. Just move on. Speak with your wallet. Re-rolling to another class just gives Anet what they want and enables the "BaLaNcE" team shenanigans.

As good as gw2 is and was over the years...it's not great. Trust me, there IS better out there. Artistic-wise, gw is second-to-none. pve design is solid. But pvp and class balance is CLEARLY gw2's weakest link. It shows in the player exodus. From separating pvp queues, to removing team queues, to ESL, to...(snicker)...."Alliances", to....the Great Warrior Collapse of 2020, (ahem!) sorry..."Balance Update of Feb 2020"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

They offering explanation for other classes because that can be explained. For warrior spesifically rather than "they have no intention." I'd say more like "They can't" because technically speaking if they explain it will make bad publicity on how they made a series of bad decisions on warrior, it's not pretty so they can't defend what they have done.

Also yeah you are correct they have no intention on working and addressing core warrior main issues.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Nope. Don't even play another class. Just move on.

aye not worth investing time and effort into it the way they do things, best take the time and effort elsewhere.

its warrior today, but could be any other class tommorow.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I saw over on Reddit a mbunch of warrior mains saying that they are rerolling as mechanists...

Funny thing is that this is most likely considered a success in Anet's books.

"Mechanist managed to make one of the least popular classes into the most popular one!"

I am still amazed about all this stuff happening, tbh. I knew mechanist will be a broken design because of how it was implemented. I just got it in the wrong direction. How mechanist is designed, it will most likely always be either OP or useless. I didn't expect them to let an AI spec be OP for a long time, but well, seems this is what's going on now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I saw over on Reddit a mbunch of warrior mains saying that they are rerolling as mechanists...

Haven't logged in for the last 2 weeks and feel just fine. It helps that a LOT of people I know, who are not warrior mains, are also staying away or playing something else or simply uninistalled. I had already been forced to play cfb in fractals since they nerfed power comps, but seriously, playing mechanist in any game mode is a step too far for me as it is for a lot of people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Karagee.6830 said:

Haven't logged in for the last 2 weeks and feel just fine. It helps that a LOT of people I know, who are not warrior mains, are also staying away or playing something else or simply uninistalled. I had already been forced to play cfb in fractals since they nerfed power comps, but seriously, playing mechanist in any game mode is a step too far for me as it is for a lot of people. 

I legit only log in for chatting with people... 

I want to unistall so much but simply cant cause of the people. I got discord for that too, but you know. 

God forbid I play as much as I used to... 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

I legit only log in for chatting with people... 

I want to unistall so much but simply cant cause of the people. I got discord for that too, but you know. 

God forbid I play as much as I used to... 

im finding it hard to completely quit the game as well. only semi-quit as of now 🥺😓

love the people, they've been very supportive. and extra thankful to a beautiful pair of twins i rarely see for reaching out from the mists. they reminded me what the game is truly about. 🙂

that and am working on the shiny, always working on the shiny, never stops. 🥰💕

i should be a skritt and not a charr 

anet, race change contract and new races. when? 🙂

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 1

It's like warhorn, catalyst air f5, guardian's feel my wrath, mesmer's time warp, and firebrands's mantras/ tomes isn't enough quickness sharing. Plus the previous version of strength banner and empowering allies had better synergy in terms of augmenting damage since we could already give out max stacks or might with 'for great justice' shout,  might makes right, and phalanx strength. 

All of that combined could buff a players' power up to 1000 points. All it needed to be viable was the banners to be mobile like in the original version. Or give it an ammo count, while removing previously placed to minimize clutter.

Edited by cyberzombie.7348

11 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

im finding it hard to completely quit the game as well. only semi-quit as of now 🥺😓

love the people, they've been very supportive. and extra thankful to a beautiful pair of twins i rarely see for reaching out from the mists. they reminded me what the game is truly about. 🙂

that and am working on the shiny, always working on the shiny, never stops. 🥰💕

i should be a skritt and not a charr 

anet, race change contract and new races. when? 🙂

I'd might try to connect to the game for RP if skriit was a playable race. 

Skriit is the funiest race of the game. I never saw this race in GW1 but, what a blast when I first encountered it in GW2! They deserve a dedicated revenant e-spec more than any other race. They are all driven by the shiny!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Skriit is the funiest race of the game. I never saw this race in GW1 but, what a blast when I first encountered it in GW2! They deserve a dedicated revenant e-spec more than any other race. They are all driven by the shiny!

Skritt and Hylek both deserve some love. I absolutely loved the journey to craft my legendary pistol, H.O.P.E., since it gave so much insight on their alchemy.

We need another legendary weapon with such a journey. Make it a gatling gun made out of scrap metal, make the journey Skritt themed and call the weapon "The Ratling Gun".

And an alchemy focused elite spec for engineer which studied the various poisons of the Hylek for chemical warfare.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I'd love that.

On your own, you'd only have access to one weapon skill and a heal, but as you group up with more skritt, you all get access to more skills, simulating the skritt hivemind 😄

Just now, Mungrul.9358 said:

I'd love that.

On your own, you'd only have access to one weapon skill and a heal, but as you group up with more skritt, you all get access to more skills, simulating the skritt hivemind 😄

I thought it would be more like all utility skill foraging around you for bundle to throw to your foes. Kinda like ranger's boars F2 but with some QoL.