[EoD] Feedback: "Eternal [...]" achievements

Please, for the sake of your players, refrain from using this particular achievement design ever again in future content.

No one enjoys rejoicing over finishing an achievement, consisting of several (more or less enjoyable) steps, only to then realize they will have to do it all over again (if they are completionists like me).

Either assign more achievement points to the original achievement or come up with different achievements. Repeating the very same thing for additional achievement points is very unfun, and just lazy design.

Thank you.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

• Ashantara.8731 changed the title to [EoD] Feedback: "Eternal [...]" achievements
9 minutes ago, Vavume.8065 said:

What is the AP cap for them? I have not unlocked it yet.

Example:

"Aetherblade Shenanigans" gives 3 AP total.
"Eternal Aetherblade Shenanigans" gives 1 AP and can be repeated for a total of 2 AP.

Ridiculous. I'd rather have only one achievement, "Aetherblade Shenanigans", for a total of 5 AP, than repeating the very same thing three times.

There are many such repetitive achievements in EoD, merely designed to keep you busy rather than being fun.

7 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Isn't that like... 3 ap? At that point, just don't do it.

Yes, well, that's not the point here. The point of this thread is to make the devs aware that this is lazy design that no one enjoys, in the hopes to not see such nonsense again in future releases.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 5
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Example:

"Eternal Aetherblade Shenanigans" gives 1 AP and can be repeated for a total of 2 AP.

Ridiculous. I'd rather have only one achievement, "Aetherblade Shenanigans", for a total of 5 AP, than repeating the very same thing three times.

There are many such repetitive achievements in EoD, merely designed to keep you busy rather than being fun.

Yes, well, that's not the point here. The point of this thread is to make the devs aware that this is lazy design that no one enjoys, in the hopes to not see such nonsense again in future releases.

How do you know that no one enjoys it? Please only speak for yourself. I actually think that it isn’t that bad, you do the events anyway more than once. 
If you don’t like them, just don’t do them. It’s very simple. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Are you seriously telling me that you enjoy repeating the same achievement three times, doing the same events over and over, for a few AP? :classic_blink:

No I actually don’t mind and don’t think that it is such a huge design fail that I have to open a thread on the forum and complain. I don’t really care about AP. 
There are a lot of things in the game that are just repeating something over and over again. 
But I have to ask again, how do you know that no one enjoys it? Did you make a survey or send out a questionnaire? 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I think there are more interesting ways to spend your time in the game than following a lazy, unrewarding design like that.

Then don’t do it, no one is forcing you … very simple solution for your “problem” 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

53 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Are you seriously telling me that you enjoy repeating the same achievement three times, doing the same events over and over, for a few AP? 😄

I think there are more interesting ways to spend your time in the game than following a lazy, unrewarding design like that.

What for?? :classic_huh:

You repeat Strikes, Raids, Fractals, Metas, Dailies, etc., etc., etc. Why? What for? For some achievements? For some APs? For some cheap loots?

What you find tedious, others may enjoy. Some prefer easy game-plays, others prefer more complexities. Some prefer long quests, others do not.

If everyone are the same, we'll all be watching the same movie, listening to the same songs, eating the same food, wearing the same clothing styles, etc. and everyone in the world will be playing GW2.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

You don't even need to complete it 3 times, so way to say you've never done it. 

You get AP at the tiers, so you need to complete the whole achi once for 3 AP, and then 5 of the events again for an extra 2 AP (one at 2 and 5 events respectively).

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Those achievements progress by the steps completed. You don’t have to do them all multiple times. I think only one of them required me to work on the set of tasks for a third time but I didn’t need to complete the entire achievement again. 

I did those achievements and they really were not that bad at all. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Example:

Ok ty, yeah busy work for low AP. Will prob skip it.

Edited by Vavume.8065
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Not familiar with these, is it kinda like the open world trinkets where you could end up doing a certain jumping puzzle which shall remain nameless 3 different times. Or more if you have trouble finding the tokens.

I'd say it's more akin to the achievements that make you do the Dragonfall/Bjora/Drizzlewood meta X amount of times.

• Like 1