Nerf Stone Heart Trait

Hellz.3058

Listen, I havent played in a while but whenever I played power build and went against stone heart, soltion was always leave him alone cuz I deal less then half the damage and I cant do kitten about it.
This game in general has problem of making support/healers in pvp turbo tanky.
I might be biased as I mostly played power ranged with almost 100% crit and high ferocity but that thing makes me deal 0 dmg and I dont think other power builds would do any better.

Edited by Sltrmhcaoou.2305
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

11 hours ago, Hellz.3058 said:

If the solution to a trait is to avoid the player, then you're literally proving my point 

No not really. Having a spec that cant be beaten in 1/2 second by you or any single person is a learn to play issue. This game is not a free for all mele brawler. There objectives and strategies and to have a class that is alittle tough to kill is not a problem. If there were 2 of these on the team I might agree with you. However ele isn't a real problem except for earth shield imo.

A fair solution to this problem might be having stone heart last for 10 seconds while in earth, so after 10 seconds remaining in earth become pointless, it refreshes only after swaping to another attunement and after the 1-5 second attunement cooldown you can swap back to earth and it be active again for 10 seconds. If you swap out of earth befor the 10 seconds, stone heart goes away. This seems like a fair compromise ino even though it's alittle wordy. I dout there will be any change done that has player ideas considered if anything at all.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

You might not like the idea, but going off the nerf crusader handbook and arguments about broken and unfun designs, Stone Heart should only make you crit immune for 4s whenever you swap to earth attunement. 🙂

Broken and unfun designs. This is what EoD specs are. New engineer rifle. Boon meta. Need I go on?

Stone heart is fine because the trade off is earth attunement itself. Everything earth related on elementalist is lack luster and easily countered by basic understanding of movement and dodge mechanic. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 7/9/2022 at 8:27 PM, Hellz.3058 said:

It's unfun to play into and promotes a certain playstyle. It pretty much makes most power/ranged classes obsolete. Stone heart should be changed to reduce incoming critical dmg rather than being unable to crit at all. 

Okay, but in exchange earth attunement should do more damage and have better tracking on its skills.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, iKeostuKen.2738 said:

Broken and unfun designs. This is what EoD specs are. New engineer rifle. Boon meta. Need I go on?

Stone heart is fine because the trade off is earth attunement itself. Everything earth related on elementalist is lack luster and easily countered by basic understanding of movement and dodge mechanic. 

Put it this way, it's not that I'm advocating for Stone Heart to get nerfed, it's that, it's in the nerf crusade sights, and just like everything before Stone Heart, it can have counter play and still get relentlessly whined about, and still get slapped with a "It's broken or unfun design."  We've got a chopping block system going on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Ptolomy.6984 said:

So the complaint is that they cant get an ele to attunement swap?

Lol, so true. Instead of thinking... Maybe I should hit the Ele with condi damage, stuns, crowd control, boon strip, etc to get him to attunement swap.

People are thinking, oh no, he's immune to my crits! Nerf! Nerf! Nerf! 

Edited by Stallic.2397
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Fun fact

OP is a lightning rod weaver spammer

Not crits is a big counter

You know what else is a big  counter ?

stab And condi

So if tempest is running sage anulet he can meme OPs build

Like flamethrower scrapper also can

Is FT scrapper any good ?

No, just a hard counter

Bottom line is he just wants a build that he cant faceroll out of his way

Edited by Khalisto.5780
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 7/12/2022 at 11:18 PM, Sltrmhcaoou.2305 said:

Listen, I havent played in a while but whenever I played power build and went against stone heart, soltion was always leave him alone cuz I deal less then half the damage and I cant do kitten about it.
This game in general has problem of making support/healers in pvp turbo tanky.
I might be biased as I mostly played power ranged with almost 100% crit and high ferocity but that thing makes me deal 0 dmg and I dont think other power builds would do any better.

You don't push a supp 1v1 unless you are absolutely sure you can kill it

it can be a thing if supps team always lose when it's not there

if it's not the case even if you manage to kill it, it might have taken a lot longer than it should to be worth

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

You don't push a supp 1v1 unless you are absolutely sure you can kill it

it can be a thing if supps team always lose when it's not there

if it's not the case even if you manage to kill it, it might have taken a lot longer than it should to be worth

TLDR
nobody can kill a support 1v1 and support by definition is the strongest xvx spec meaning supports is broken.
Unpopular opinion. Supports should die 1v1 to dps builds.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Sltrmhcaoou.2305 said:

TLDR
nobody can kill a support 1v1 and support by definition is the strongest xvx spec meaning supports is broken.

Pretty much every MMO has healers be able to survive against 1 dps in pvp, but apparently here it is a problem.

Trinity-less was a beckoning call for all the whiny dps players.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TheSeraphim.7413 said:

Pretty much every MMO has healers be able to survive against 1 dps in pvp, but apparently here it is a problem.

and every MMO has dog kitten balance.
wonder why, maybe healers shouldnt be so tanky that the counterplay is : leave them alone.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, TheSeraphim.7413 said:

Nah see I hard disagree with that. If the state of balancing for eles built around stone heart is allowing takes like this, it needs to be adjusted. "Just throw another person at it"/ "just ignore the point and rotate somewhere else" has never gone well for any class that has attempted to use that as an excuse, and for good reason. We haven't approved of that from everything from turret engie to ventari decap rev. 

I'll revisit my opinion on this. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

3 hours ago, Sltrmhcaoou.2305 said:

and every MMO has dog kitten balance.
wonder why, maybe healers shouldnt be so tanky that the counterplay is : leave them alone.

The counterplay is generally well timed burst/CC with 2 or more people. Hard CC in GW2 is in a weird limbo due to how stability works and it's levels of availability.

I.havent played in a while, but Stone Heart has never been an issue, it's a L2P issue.

Here is a thought, stop focusing a support ele with burst while camping earth, they are doing exactly nothing for their team. They are just surviving and their team is getting no real heals, boons, or peels. As soon as the ele swaps out of earth (due to condi pressure, sustained damage, or needing to actually, you know, do something useful for the team) them go ahead and go HAM. Support tempest has at most 1 stunbreak, so just cc them and call it a day .

Yes, you need to wear down the cds in a 1v1 or teamfight (shocking aura, earth shield, frost aura, wash the pain away), but much like a guardian you eventually will.

Similarly, the damage and healing are too low to hold a long time against a competent brawler. It literally plays a lot like a support guard, why is there so much crying, because people have to think before spamming their burst? There are tons of openings vs a support ele to focus them, and a few times not to.

Stop complaining about the few good mechanics that make you engage your brain and get better. Get a little bit of patience and be strategic to bait them out of earth (eles really can't sit long in earth against sustained pressure) rather than predictably leading with your full-burst and waste all your cooldows, then cry because your predictable burst got outplayed.

Edited by BlackBeard.2873
typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

On 7/14/2022 at 8:11 AM, Khalisto.5780 said:

Fun fact

OP is a lightning rod weaver spammer

Not crits is a big counter

You know what else is a big  counter ?

stab And condi

So if tempest is running sage anulet he can meme OPs build

Like flamethrower scrapper also can

Is FT scrapper any good ?

No, just a hard counter

Bottom line is he just wants a build that he cant faceroll out of his way

except I play literally every ele build...idk you and you don't know me clearly. Earth shield and Stone heart stay being borderline broken.

Edited by Hellz.3058

On 7/14/2022 at 6:14 PM, Sltrmhcaoou.2305 said:

TLDR

I don't know why people keep repeating this.

If you leave a support 1v1 on a node against a competent DPS, the support WILL have to give up the node fairly quickly.  They can maybe hold it for 30-60 seconds, but they have no win-condition and no counter-pressure, so they will have to leave at some point.

If you can't force a support off a node as a DPS in less than a minute, that's definitely an issue with your DPS, not with support builds. Nevermind the fact that a support which is bunkering nodes and not supporting its team, is a support which is playing the game very very wrong and getting nowhere near the max efficiency from their build.

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1