Ascended trinkets after having legendary ones...

Currently I have the legendary amulet and backpack from PvP and the legenadry ring from WvW, which made a lot of my ascended trinkets collected along almost 10 years obsolete and filling a lot of space. I can salvage them at the cost of 1 gold coinf and 1 laurel for each kit, but turns out that the materials recovered barely reach 50% of the cost of the gold coin.

That contrast with the salvaging of armor, weapons and underwater respirators, which at least provide Ball of Dark Energy, which is useful to craft new ascended/legendary recipes.

So:  should I just ditch all my unused ascended trinkets to get free space? I'm on the verge of it ouside keeping a sample of each I bought with laurels just due their unique icons, droping everything else...   There's another use for them? Thanx in advance.

This is what I do personally:

Armors and weapons: Only salvage for enough Ball of Dark Energy & Vision Crystal for crafting purposes. Also, salvage any that has valuable runes or sigils.

Trinkets: Salvage all amulets. Salvage backpacks or accessories for the chance of Ascended Recycling drops and achievements. Discard the rest once you have the collectibles from each of them. As for rings, attuned all infused rings and salvage. Only infuse attuned rings if you have lots of mist essences (from Fractals) and then salvage them. Otherwise, just sell the attuned rings. Sell all regular ascended rings to vendors.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Thanks 1

You can get the Fractal Relic gobbler (reward for the aforementioned Ascended Recyling collection) and pray to get Ascended Salvage Kits for the price of 25 Fractal Relics. That way it becomes a net positive. The things you need for it are coincidently the things that you can get from salvaging the ascended stuff. When I salvaged all my backpacks when legendary armory hit, I got the backpack salvage item for example. The fractal gobbler can generally be useful as a longterm investment because you can often buy a +5 Simple Infusion for 25 relics that you can trade at the infusion golem for 75 relics (lol) and there are some other good items that can show up in there as well, like 20 slot bags, mats bags etc. all for 25 relics although the ascended salvage kits are obviously the best value, allowing you to salvage those rings etc. basically for free (although they show up very rarely, especially the 20 use ones). Overall the fractal relic gobbler has the best relic to gold conversions available and even though it takes a long time for it to amortize, it might be worthwhile getting it if you have a lot of relics anyway.

In my personal experience, fractals award slightly more Ascended Salvage Kits than you need to salvage the Ascended trinkets that drop from there although I've heard from other people that they had the opposite experience with it.

Edited by Endaris.1452

1 hour ago, Endaris.1452 said:

In my personal experience, fractals award slightly more Ascended Salvage Kits than you need to salvage the Ascended trinkets that drop from there although I've heard from other people that they had the opposite experience with it.

If you do T4's daily, you'll get lots more trinkets than enough salvage kits if you'd to salvage them all .But if you sell the low quality ascended rings, then you'll probably have more than enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silent.6137 said:

If you do T4's daily, you'll get lots more trinkets than enough salvage kits if you'd to salvage them all .But if you sell the low quality ascended rings, then you'll probably have more than enough.

That's why I wrote "in my personal experience", because I have always been getting a bit more kits than rings xD

It pained me but I threw away all my ascended accessories. The tiny value of anything I could get from it made it pointless. A bit rubbish since I had about 140 of them, but I couldn't justify keeping that many in the hopes they might make them slightly more worthwhile.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Endaris.1452 said:

That's why I wrote "in my personal experience", because I have always been getting a bit more kits than rings xD

Good for you, yet it's terribly random. It started to become some kind of running gag with the people I usually do fractals with, that I inevitably get way more rings and accessoires (which I have absolutely no use for anymore) than salvage kits, while another guy drowns in salvages kits, yet barely gets any rings and accessoires (which ofc he still needs quite a lot).

Yet it feels just wrong to just dump BIS gear for 4s95c, so I'll keep paying for kits 😐

Keep the asc backpack and amulets on your characters, they're already there, no reason to ditch them unless you want another stat.

Always salvage backpacks for a chance of a rare item that's worth hundred of gold (don't have your hopes high though, there is a reason it costs hundreds of gold).

Always attune, then salvage Rings.

Sell Amulets and Accesories to NPC (not worth the 1g of the asc tool, unless these are raid trinkets which gives you 60 magnemite on top of the usual materials).

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Wolfb.7025 said:

Always attune, then salvage Rings.

It is only worth attuning a regular ascended ring if you salvaged with dropped salvaged tools. Otherwise, with the cost of the bought salvage tool, agonized essence and TP fees, you'll be making a loss every single time.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1