Summer festival

Tracio.7285

Isn't Festival of the four winds the typical GW2 summer Festival?

We have a beach, a water balloon boss fight, a pirate treasure hunt, I believe ArenaNet allready announced this year new skiff races.

And ArenaNet was never a fan of this anime waifu beachy bikini armors.

Edited by Keymaster.7362
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Tracio.7285 said:

I don't understand why there isn't a summer-themed festival and summer-themed weapons and armor, this would be really cool.

We do? It's coming in a few weeks even, Festival of the Four Winds.

If you're asking why no swimsuits and beach party themed weapons... well, that'd be a bit immersion breaking so personally I'm glad to keep that to Asian MMOs that don't care about thematic consistency.

(And before others complaing that there's already immersion breaking stuff, that doesn't mean we should allow more either.)

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

If you're asking why no swimsuits and beach party themed weapons... well, that'd be a bit immersion breaking so personally I'm glad to keep that to Asian MMOs that don't care about thematic consistency.

(And before others complaing that there's already immersion breaking stuff, that doesn't mean we should allow more either.)

If the new cursed green goo bot skin is anything to go by, Arenanet has no plans to stop obliterating the last remnants of immersion that are still left in the game.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

If the new cursed green goo bot skin is anything to go by, Arenanet has no plans to stop obliterating the last remnants of immersion that are still left in the game.

Maybe, but I'll never stop vocally oppose things that go against the themes of Guild Wars.

I can handle high vfx cosmetics in isolation, and I can handle a tiny handful of joke weapons here and there (e.g., candy cane weapons), but the fewer the better.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Maybe, but I'll never stop vocally oppose things that go against the themes of Guild Wars.

So do I. It's just sad that Arenanet is deaf to players that aren't addicted to shiny particle farts.

Often, it feels to me like they actively try to purposely disgust players to drive them out of the game.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

So do I. It's just sad that Arenanet is deaf to players that aren't addicted to shiny particle farts.

Often, it feels to me like they actively try to purposely disgust players to drive them out of the game.

No, they're just feeding the whales as any individual or group focusing on making money does.

Ultimately there's two ways to make video games: as a business and as an art. And luckily, there's just enough of ANet making video games as an art instead of as a business to keep the gemstore from not being Tera-levels since 2013. But as money pays the bills, it is a slowly losing battle.

It isn't an attempt to drive players out of the game, it's just that there's enough desire and need for money from enough people calling the shots that it happens.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

How does that break the immersion of Guild Wars 2? I remind you there is a beach themed map advertised as a tropical resort with npcs fancing swimgear and trunks.

And I agree with you on opposing with things that go against Guild Wars theme, but swimgear isn't that type of things. We already got dumb stuff like mahou shoujo outfits with pink glitters, unicorn horns, and clown shoes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wolfb.7025 said:

How does that break the immersion of Guild Wars 2? I remind you there is a beach themed map advertised as a tropical resort with npcs fancing swimgear and trunks.

And I agree with you on opposing with things that go against Guild Wars theme, but swimgear isn't that type of things. We already got dumb stuff like mahou shoujo outfits with pink glitters, unicorn horns, and clown shoes.

Guild Wars isn't exactly a setting where you wear swimsuits into battle, and you just know that if a bikini outfits and beach-themed weapons exists, it'll be worn in raids, strikes, or literally everywhere else but Southsun Cove.

If Town Clothing was still a thing - basically the precursor of outfits but you couldn't wear them in combat - then I'd say go for it, swimsuit town clothing all the way.

And just because we have "mahou shoujo outfits with pink glitters, unicorn horns, and clown shoes" doesn't mean we should allow just anything everywhere. As I said above, even if there's some immersion breaking things, doesn't warrant the existence of other immersion breaking things. And that said "pink fairy outfits" were a thing in GW1 and was pretty fitting overall, being a festival NPC, so... Honestly, feels more in-line with lore and immersion than a group of bikini raiders with beach-themed weapons to me.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Guild Wars isn't exactly a setting where you wear swimsuits into battle, and you just know that if a bikini outfits and beach-themed weapons exists, it'll be worn in raids, strikes, or literally everywhere else but Southsun Cove.

If Town Clothing was still a thing - basically the precursor of outfits but you couldn't wear them in combat - then I'd say go for it, swimsuit town clothing all the way.

And just because we have "mahou shoujo outfits with pink glitters, unicorn horns, and clown shoes" doesn't mean we should allow just anything everywhere. As I said above, even if there's some immersion breaking things, doesn't warrant the existence of other immersion breaking things. And that said "pink fairy outfits" were a thing in GW1 and was pretty fitting overall, being a festival NPC, so... Honestly, feels more in-line with lore and immersion than a group of bikini raiders with beach-themed weapons to me.

• Haha 1

I agree with the less is better mentality when it comes to these kinds of cosmetics.

There are so many already in the game, combined with a lot of pretty ugly skins as well.

But thankfully the worst I have to deal with is the occasional player who's decided to smother their armour in every obnoxious infusion/effect they can find.
I don't really see them all that much though so it's fine, and whenever they appear in a big boss event or something they get lost in the clutter so it's really not that big of a deal.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The real problem is that the developers think too much and worry too much. It has been 10 long years since they locked out us out of some theme matching clothing at the beach. How many more 10 years will this game last?

We are heading to 2023, it's not 2013 anymore. We are 10 years forward in a modern era and this game still worries about players wearing swimsuits in a fight? For once, let us players have our fun and many of  us who has been waiting to put on something proper when we go swimming will be totally grateful.

Besides, the swim wears and any following skins will sell like hot cakes for sure. The income will be huge 🤑. What immersion, what thematic. Don't think so much. Just Do It ✌️

Edited by MintyMin.2718
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3