Am I reading this correct??

Puck.3697

The balance patch follow up is only going to address the singular trait they messed up? 

- no fix to the state of warrior pvp? 

- no fix the mess banners are in? 

- not even some numerical buffs to even pve content where warrior is suffering massively now it's treated like a dps role? 

- nothing still done about the resistance changes that happened over a year ago now that still are problematic for warriors? 

- not a single piece of feedback given acted upon? 

Not even a hint to a explanation to why nothings being addressed or any hints to what they intend to do about the current issues? 

Please someone tell me I'm reading the wrong patch notes. 

Should I just move games now or sit in wait to be disappointed again in the next patch in 4 months? 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Just forget everything you knew, play casually for an hour if you want every few days and do anything else more fun and productive with your time. 

They won't fix anything. They may as well give +5% crit chance in the minors of all specs so you can have 15% crit chance increase by default and warrior would still be crap. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Just forget everything you knew, play casually for an hour if you want every few days and do anything else more fun and productive with your time. 

They won't fix anything. They may as well give +5% crit chance in the minors of all specs so you can have 15% crit chance increase by default and warrior would still be crap. 

Can't make it past the launcher without feeling a immediate anger at this point 🤣

Think imma just go sub to WoW or FFXIV. Had enough of having to play other proffessions to feel competitive think I'm out. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1

Just now, Daddy.8125 said:

Can't make it past the launcher without feeling a immediate anger at this point 🤣

Think imma just go sub to WoW or FFXIV. 

The right call. My friendo who has been playing wow for years is having a blast with warrior rn and warrior there even holds up as quite the monster in PvP. Sounds more enjoyable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

The right call. My friendo who has been playing wow for years is having a blast with warrior rn and warrior there even holds up as quite the monster in PvP. Sounds more enjoyable.

Warrior in WoW has always been excellent thematically, and for quite a few years been pretty solid, looking like a great option haha. Will miss gw2 combat, but oh well, isn't worth this. 

The mass leaving in SL seems to have generated some solid changes in DF too, maybe we need to take a leaf out their book. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Warrior in WoW has always been excellent thematically, and for quite a few years been pretty solid, looking like a great option haha. Will miss gw2 combat, but oh well, isn't worth this. 

The mass leaving in SL seems to have generated some solid changes in DF too, maybe we need to take a leaf out their book. 

Ill probably sub to WoW from September cause rn I got some potato connection and won't be able to do any big downloads, let alone play.

Im def looking forward to being with my buddies there and having fun time. 

WvW is the only thing that I struggle to find elsewhere, but it's been a torture. So much so I actually enjoyed an hour last night in T1, where usually Id be against that type of snoball cloud content. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As far as I know they said they want to fix the issue they done on the febr 28 Patch (the precision buff in condi traitline). At next they will follow with reworks for banners and made some (seems like stat) buffs to its weapons. 

So we migth have some hope left xd

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

They stated in the followup to the June 28th patch that the July 19th patch was already to far along the pipeline to add too many things into it. I think the Vindicator, Harbae, and Willbender changes were already a part of that patch and they managed to squeeze in the +5% crit chance to Pinnacle of Strength. This probably resulted in them redoing a few steps of their QA and review process, but with only a minimal addition didn't hose the timeline.

August 2nd and the bigger patch in October is where you should hope to see changes to Warrior. One of those is supposed to further rework banners, though I don't recall which one at the moment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

They stated in the followup to the June 28th patch that the July 19th patch was already to far along the pipeline to add too many things into it. I think the Vindicator, Harbae, and Willbender changes were already a part of that patch and they managed to squeeze in the +5% crit chance to Pinnacle of Strength. This probably resulted in them redoing a few steps of their QA and review process, but with only a minimal addition didn't hose the timeline.

August 2nd and the bigger patch in October is where you should hope to see changes to Warrior. One of those is supposed to further rework banners, though I don't recall which one at the moment.

I mean... I don't even play war in pve instances, never have, never will. And still it took me 1 min to login and look at the new banners, then go "ahahhaha, no". Calling that change complete, and rolling with the next set of planned changes is to me just incompetence. Honestly I wish I got paid to deliver that "quality" of work, would make things easier for me. At my workplace I'd be told "throw that garbage out of here and do it again from scratch"...

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

One of those is supposed to further rework banners

To be honest, I'd really prefer them to delete banners from the game completely at this point.

They've never been thematically appropriate for Warrior, and they've always been awkwardly implemented.

Use the gap left to introduce something more interesting. Maybe something that provides group buffs in an area around the warrior without compromising their combat effectiveness.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

35 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

If I remember correctly August 2nd is supposed to get banner and Chronomancer changes, with the Chrono stuff being similar to what Ranger weapons got recently. Personally I don't expect Warrior to get anything that isn't banner related and I will likely be somewhat jealous of Mesmers after reading those patch notes.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

That's why the expectations are negative uncountable infinity and this game is no longer my go to for entertainment. 

Time to binge watch some anime after work! 

kitten these isekai stuff rly make warriors look good and strong! Anet just gotta watch a couple of isekais to understand warrior I guess /cringe

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

That's why the expectations are negative uncountable infinity and this game is no longer my go to for entertainment. 

Time to binge watch some anime after work! 

kitten these isekai stuff rly make warriors look good and strong! Anet just gotta watch a couple of isekais to understand warrior I guess /cringe

I'm watching Konosuba again and the B*st*rd!! redo on Netflix. Finished Hunter X Hunter for the third time not too long ago as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

To be honest, I'd really prefer them to delete banners from the game completely at this point.

They've never been thematically appropriate for Warrior, and they've always been awkwardly implemented.

Use the gap left to introduce something more interesting. Maybe something that provides group buffs in an area around the warrior without compromising their combat effectiveness.

I'd prefer them to stop treating warrior balance like it is some vial of explosives that they are too afraid to touch. I want them to get it right, and frankly I do not expect them too. But hey, maybe they'll surprise us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I'm watching Konosuba again and the B*st*rd!! redo on Netflix. Finished Hunter X Hunter for the third time not too long ago as well.

HxH I loved. Still need to keep up with the manga a bit. Im at the point where the new arc starts to go off. 

Watching Overlord S4 rn and its fun as hell. 

5 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Think imma just go sub to WoW or FFXIV.

I plan to play WoW: Dragonflight as a Warrior.

However, I don't like Warrior in FF14. That permanent out of combat particle effect from its Job Gauge is just ugly and bothers me too much.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

As far as I know they said they want to fix the issue they done on the febr 28 Patch (the precision buff in condi traitline). At next they will follow with reworks for banners and made some (seems like stat) buffs to its weapons. 

So we migth have some hope left xd

Eh. 

The best its gonna be is a return to being a banner slave only in a pve meta, no attempt at fixing

- the outdated weapon designs

- the damage the resistance changes did to spellbreaker. 

- the fact berserker and bladesworn are identical in roles. 

- spellbreaker being useless in pve content. 

- inflexible builds due to high demanded traits which could be recognised to being needed to be baseline years ago. 

- warriors dps output as a actual dps role. 

- support options beyond banner slaving. 

- the disparity in power creep other proffessions got compared to us. 

- rectifying the damage berserker rework did to its pvp builds. 

- the fact a dps warrior throughout all elite weapons still uses axe / axe because of the constant bad designed weapons for pve excluding maybe torch for condi zerker. Which is a joke compared to other condi builds. 

And countless more critics to the current situation which has remained ignored. 

If they do have something large in the works they should communicate it as currently returning to a pve banner slave isn't charming me into to sticking around to see it 

• Like 5

So it really was true. Warrior was stronger in core 7.5 years ago compared to how it is today. We've had the opposite of power creep. 

Its either play a specific way with Bladesworn or be the worst class in the game worse then we were over 7 years ago. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2022 at 11:06 AM, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

This should be pinned at the top of warrior subforums section.

• Like 3