Revenant Buff

Revenant is really in need of a buff in the PvP scene. The only good thing it had going for it was its ability to self heal and survive, which has now been nerfed as low as possible. It is overshadowed by another class in any aspect. Ranged damage is terrible, if you play shortbow in PvP you do not have the skills necessary to keep enemies off of you, nor the range to work effectively. General damage is way outclassed by most other classes. Its healing has been nerfed to the ground and it generally cant survive most fights. Its buffing ability is subpar at best with herald and has been made worse over time. Anet really needs to figure out what they want this class to be, because currently it is midline in everything. It has a very low amount of stuns as well as stun breaks, and requires a class resource meaning most times you cannot have those skills ready. Due to its naturally low health pool, and the lack of effective stunbreak/stunspam it will normally just get pinned and insta'd. It is less effective than ever in teamplay due to the even lesser healing now, not to mention that most teams do not need a dedicated support as most specs have been given the ability to provide any buff they need to themselves in some way shape or fashion. So what is the revenant for at this point?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 20
  • Sad 1

Considering how much stun spam there is in PvP with some builds literally being built around being able to stun multiple times over and over, why is it that if I use a single skill after refresh, I can no longer anti stun as a rev? The class resource makes no sense in the current PvP scene. Something needs to change.

• Like 1
  • Confused 8

I havnt seen anything constructive regarding why the revenant doesnt need a rework. The class is seriously in limbo and doesnt fill any role as effectively as another class. Please update this class and make it useful. Most raid groups I know don't even accept them in parties due to the lack of usefullness.

• Like 1
  • Confused 8

14 hours ago, SoulBlaze.3059 said:

Revenant is really in need of a buff in the PvP scene. The only good thing it had going for it was its ability to self heal and survive, which has now been nerfed as low as possible. It is overshadowed by another class in any aspect. Ranged damage is terrible, if you play shortbow in PvP you do not have the skills necessary to keep enemies off of you, nor the range to work effectively. General damage is way outclassed by most other classes. Its healing has been nerfed to the ground and it generally cant survive most fights. Its buffing ability is subpar at best with herald and has been made worse over time. Anet really needs to figure out what they want this class to be, because currently it is midline in everything. It has a very low amount of stuns as well as stun breaks, and requires a class resource meaning most times you cannot have those skills ready. Due to its naturally low health pool, and the lack of effective stunbreak/stunspam it will normally just get pinned and insta'd. It is less effective than ever in teamplay due to the even lesser healing now, not to mention that most teams do not need a dedicated support as most specs have been given the ability to provide any buff they need to themselves in some way shape or fashion. So what is the revenant for at this point?

Is this why I've jsut been trip capped from start to finsih three games in a row? PvP is currently unplayable atm. seems if you dont run a full tema of new elite specs forget it just leave the game.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SoulBlaze.3059 said:

I havnt seen anything constructive regarding why the revenant doesnt need a rework. The class is seriously in limbo and doesnt fill any role as effectively as another class. Please update this class and make it useful. Most raid groups I know don't even accept them in parties due to the lack of usefullness.

Revenant doesn't need a rework, it needs to be properly nerfed rather than be erased from the game and a LOT has to be tweaked. Herald is literally the only meme able to kill because it's bugged instant cast galore, still dies to anything otherwise if you're not running away every time you've done an attack.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, SoulBlaze.3059 said:

I havnt seen anything constructive regarding why the revenant doesnt need a rework. The class is seriously in limbo and doesnt fill any role as effectively as another class. Please update this class and make it useful. Most raid groups I know don't even accept them in parties due to the lack 

Revenant: *is one of the stronger specs for pvp/wvw since forever kinda* 

Soulblaze: I AM PERMASTUNNED!!!! REEE! rewurk Revenunt!! :c 

In all honesty... vindicator and herald are pretty good atm. 

Renegade needs some buffs imo, since they nerfed dwarf its kind of lacking in spvp. With demolisher you cant burst people, and with Berserker your melting in todays meta:/ cleanse is also lacking. But its still one of the best specs in WvW!

I dont pve at all... but is alacrigade not good anymore? 

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Revenant is one of the stronger specs for pvp/wvw since forever kinda. 

Soulblaze: I AM PERMASTUNNED!!!! REEE! rewurk Revenunt!! :c 

In all honesty... vindicator and herald are pretty good atm. 

Renegade needs some buffs imo, since they nerfed dwarf its kind of lacking. But its still one of the best specs in WvW! 

I dont pve at all... but is alacrigade not good in pve still? 

No, Revenant is in a terrible spot right now. The only thing keeping it alive is the fact that you can gank in PvP, that's it. Too many skills have buggy behaviors or have been neglected for years.

Vindicator heals are overnerfed.

Renegade suffers from Kalla nerfs and Core nerfs.

Herald has nothing but ganking.

Core has been nerfed repeatedly without concern. At best you can Bunker because of the Ventari rework.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 7/24/2022 at 2:01 AM, Shao.7236 said:

No, Revenant is in a terrible spot right now. The only thing keeping it alive is the fact that you can gank in PvP, that's it. Too many skills have buggy behaviors or have been neglected for years.

Vindicator heals are overnerfed.

Renegade suffers from Kalla nerfs and Core nerfs.

Herald has nothing but ganking.

Core has been nerfed repeatedly without concern. At best you can Bunker because of the Ventari rework.

Herald has nothing but ganking, but its pretty good at it! Hes a +1er afterall. But i know a few good heralds that can hold their ground in 1v1s for sure. And they make a big impact in any ranked game.

Vindicator... overnerfed... hmm

Today i had a few nice fights against diffrent vindis. That one that actually played good Was one of the few people in the Arena actually able to beat me, so the Potential is still there. Vindi is pretty hard to play. Its nerfed down to a point, where the Sole fact that you play vindi will not carry you anymore. You actually have to be good at it. Id say the potential is 100% still there. But i guess we have to wait a little longer and let the meta Seattle.

Renegade... the memebattle.com build succcs!  Agreed. Try shiro/ventari with salvation trait and sage Amulett. I am having pretty good success with it(not rly good, but its better than memebattlebuild, imo)

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Herald has nothing but ganking, but its pretty good at it! Hes a +1er afterall. But i know a few good heralds that can hold their ground in 1v1s for sure. And they make a big impact in any ranked game.

Today i had a few nice fights against diffrent vindis. That one that actually played good Was one of the few people in the Arena actually able to beat me, so the Potential is still there. Vindi is pretty hard to play. Its nerfed down to a point, where the Sole fact that you play vindi will not carry you anymore. You actually have to be good at it. Id say the potential is 100% still there. But i guess we have to wait a little longer and let the meta Seattle.

Renegade... the memebattle.com build succcs!  Agreed. Try kalla/ventari with salvation trait and sage Amulett. I am having pretty good success with it(not rly good, but its better than memebattlebuild, imo)

Haha you lost to a vindi post nerf. I wouldn't admit to that if I were you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Renegade... the memebattle.com build succcs!  Agreed. Try kalla/ventari with salvation trait and sage Amulett. I am having pretty good success with it(not rly good, but its better than memebattlebuild, imo)

Why should we have to really know a class for it to be semi good when engineers can spam rifle 1 and win any fight? Do you see what im getting at, skill means nothing when others are playing a game rigged in their favor. Revenant needs something to match these.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

It feels like a majority of the time playing vindi that im playing rock paper scissors with the other classes, but for some reason im missing scissors. We are at a constant disadvantage and can only do anything mediocre. Revenant has nothing that really stands out and it is not a meta class in anything. The devs have no idea what direction to take it and its ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Rev never deserved to exist.  GW2 has been overly bloated since launch, and adding a new class was only going to make it worse.

You're taking GW2 PvP seriously.

Rev is just Thief with more damage potential and risk-insulation.

Your buff ideas are super boring and braindead because they aren't changing anything; you're just more fully engaging the autopilot that is already built into the average Rev build by preventing anybody from interacting with it in any way.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, semak.7481 said:

Well, if I were you, I wouldnt post all that cringe that you did here as well 

Oh no I play the game enough to occasionally get hit by a 1200 range ability that does around 8k + 4k confusion procs and I don't insta stow weapon or I go for a cleanse that only gets cover condis and just procs more confusion. So cringe.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

Oh no I play the game enough to occasionally get hit by a 1200 range ability that does around 8k + 4k confusion procs and I don't insta stow weapon or I go for a cleanse that only gets cover condis and just procs more confusion.

Failed to prove your claim before and now.

I don't insta stow weapon or I go for a cleanse that only gets cover condis and just procs more confusion.

That is going to happen if you dont stop spam skills or dont know how condi cleanse works or have condi cleanse that remove only 1 condition 😉

So cringe

Your posts there indeed.

Edited by semak.7481

I still think the staff 5 rework/nerf is clunky garbage but meh. Renegade and core could definitely use some love. I'd like to see them strip back the functionality on some legend skills, but lower the energy cost to compensate. Using one skill then going out of energy is not fun gameplay. 

9 hours ago, SoulBlaze.3059 said:

Why should we have to really know a class for it to be semi good when engineers can spam rifle 1 and win any fight? 

Pro tip: Use Ventari bubble. You are welcome. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Lysico.4906 said:

Soulblaze.  All you do is make these low quality, complaining posts.  Think you need a break from the game

I understand where you are coming from, and you are more than welcome to ignore them. An issue is here and it has been ignored for way too long. It is obvious the devs do not know what to do with this class and continue to kinda toe around with it to see what happens. This is unacceptable and change is required at this point. I am tired of them slowly pushing this class to the ground and I am not the only person by far. So I have every intention of continuing to complain until something is done.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

13 hours ago, SoulBlaze.3059 said:

I understand where you are coming from, and you are more than welcome to ignore them. An issue is here and it has been ignored for way too long. It is obvious the devs do not know what to do with this class and continue to kinda toe around with it to see what happens. This is unacceptable and change is required at this point. I am tired of them slowly pushing this class to the ground and I am not the only person by far. So I have every intention of continuing to complain until something is done.   

Imagine succing as rev and then thinking its the class underperforming xD

Herald is confidently vibing in top tier since forever kinda.... during the release of EoD it was overshadowed by Willbender... but by now its right back up there!

vindicator is surprisingly still in a pretty okayish spot... like i said earlier. The sole fact that you play Vindicator will NOT carry you anymore. You need to actually play good.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1