Crash loading Crown Pavilion [Merged]

Not sure if flagged already, but I’ve submitted numerous error reports since every time I try to load into Crown Pavilion the game crashes. I now have 2 characters stuck in there with no opportunity to move them out. Pretty disappointing. 

• Like 3

I tried to enter the Crown Pavilion on my Dragonhunter. The game crashed and now keeps crashing whenever I try to load into that character (he is now registered at being at the Crown Pavilion, but the game crashes during the loading screen), making him inaccissible.

Switching back to DX9 solves the issue.

Please fix ASAP!

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Tony.8659 said:

Thanks for the temp. fix Ashantara.8731 that worked, it was happening to me just now. This is a real pain game breaking bug hope it gets fixed ASAP. 

You are welcome. 🙂 Good to know that this is happening for others, too.

Unfortunately, there are still several such DX11 related crashes. I really hope all of them will be taken care of soonish.

I think we need a lot of infos - if possible. Even between the operating systems (with even same hardware maybe) ... there might be different results. Weird when I sometimes see totally other issues that no one else reported. (For me with DX11 atm the screenshots bugged and the preview for skins bugged/cut off and almost nothing visible.)

Crown pavillon no issues. Using Windows 7 Home Premium the latest possible updates. An Radeon R9 270 with latest drivers I guess. Especially between ATI and Nvidia might be big differences I guess.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Crown pavillon no issues.

Doesn't mean it must happen all the time. Bug reports like these only mean it has the potential to happen -- like with the GH decoration and NPC bug.

2 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

For me with DX11 atm the screenshots bugged and the preview for skins bugged/cut off and almost nothing visible.

Could be because your system is outdated?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I have been consistently crashing when trying to enter the Crown Pavilion with the Invitation to the Party port. This has only been happening on my mesmer. My necro was able to use the Invitation to the Party to enter Crown Pavilion without any crashes. I have not switched to DX11, my drivers are all up to date, and my network is running flawlessly. 

• Like 1

. . . and it happened to me again, this time on my Mechanist. So at least it's not profession/build related. 😉

Edit: Switching back and forth between DX9 and DX11, depending on what you were using during the crash, is currently the only viable solution to this problem.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just had three crashes in a row. EU Servers. 

1st one I had arrived in Divinities reach at the Crown Pavillion Waypoint. Turned and ran into the portal taking me to the Queens Pavilion. Loadin screen came up, the little loading circle was in the bottom right hand corner. Crashed with the email us the crash report box popping up.

Logged back in. Managed to get into the Crown Pavilion. My guild mate was in a seperate instance so I created a party. Tried joining them and was told that instance was full. Waiting about 3 minutes. Tried again and it allowed me to transfer. Loading screen came up, little loading circle appeared. Crashed with the serious error email report box popping up again.

Third time, logged in from character select since it told me I was in the Queens Pavilion. Crashed on the loading screen again, with yes you guessed it the Serious error email report box again.

Fourth time logging in I landed on the map and instantly left. Wasn't going to have it crash on me again.

My computer has been running fine for months. I never have a crash. It's á server side issue.

Now I'm stuck in Crown Pavillion when I log in and it crashes can't do anything.  I said this before but does Anet test any updates in house before they release it? I know they have many PC's and I find it very hard to believe that this did not happen to some of them there. If so why release it, why not just fix it first then release it. Guess we have to wait a bit until it's fixed. 

• Like 1

I've been seeing client crashes for probably at least a month.  My observations so far:

- DX9 or DX11 makes no difference.

- Crashes happen in situations where there are lots of players (world boss, festival locations, mistlock sanctuary, etc)

- Turning player models to lowest seems to help out (I've not a got a crash with it set like that).

But I could go weeks with higher player models and not have a problem if I'm doing PvE or story events where there are not that many players around.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Tony.8659 said:

Now I'm stuck in Crown Pavillion when I log in and it crashes can't do anything.

Yes, you can:

15 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Switching back and forth between DX9 and DX11, depending on what you were using during the crash, is currently the only viable solution to this problem.

This solution is less of a hassle than using -prefreset and having to redo all your settings. 🙂

Edited by Ashantara.8731