How does the "New Player Experience" Raptor changes affect Heroic Edition players?

On 8/8/2022 at 1:20 AM, mythical.6315 said:

No they are not. Raptor is faster when using mount ability. 

But if you got evidence to suggest otherwise, since you’re claiming Jackal is better as if it’s a fact, by all means share it. 

Its easy just put a fully spec'd Raptor and Jackal together and race they both are very similar speeds almost exactly.

On 8/8/2022 at 2:12 AM, mythical.6315 said:

Thank you

Thats not accurate someone was wrong in testing..

20 hours ago, Shena Fu.5792 said:

Raptor jump is much more precise on where you can land. Jackal port is usually either too short or too long.

Raptor attack pulls and breaks defiance, is more useful.

Jackal team heal and damage is far better and can help people with low health in HPs. they are unkillable from falling and getting around the maps..

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

I think for the test they flat out used the big long bridge and timed both. It could be possibly that stuff like mount chips or no long jump unlocks could overpower a 5% base, but a basic gist was that raptor traveled long straight distances with long jumps about 4-5% faster when ability use on a flat long stretch was added.

While jackal is noticeably much better at instantly teleporting and making 90 degree turns or faster at teleporting around circles more often. Or providing 9k hp barriers to squishy classes or that HoT toxic bacon challenge. Before flying mounts or Springer masteries, jackal ports can also be used to break falls for no flying mount players.

But jackal vs raptor is probably something that's personal preference, just as there are strong discussions on multi mount users with beetles with instant energy regens with Griffon swaps and often Springer griffons vs diveroll skyscales for all transportation. Some people even don't even use a raptor, beetle, skyscale or jackal for their main transport but camp skimmers even. Mounts are highly personal choice or whatever the person likes best as default mount. 

• Like 2

On 8/8/2022 at 10:13 PM, Dante.1508 said:

Its easy just put a fully spec'd Raptor and Jackal together and race they both are very similar speeds almost exactly.

Thats not accurate someone was wrong in testing..

Jackal team heal and damage is far better and can help people with low health in HPs. they are unkillable from falling and getting around the maps..

How often are these situations even relevant? Mounts are more often used to begin fights. And how do you know other player's health? Moreover a pull to disrupt enemies or break defiance is always useful, and just as likely to save other players from danger.

How often and why are you even worried about falling? Anyway, you can't die from falling while riding any mount. The worst it would do is dismount you.

• Confused 3

On 8/14/2022 at 3:59 AM, Shena Fu.5792 said:

How often are these situations even relevant? Mounts are more often used to begin fights. And how do you know other player's health? Moreover a pull to disrupt enemies or break defiance is always useful, and just as likely to save other players from danger.

How often and why are you even worried about falling? Anyway, you can't die from falling while riding any mount. The worst it would do is dismount you.

I fall all the time everything in expansions is vertical. You don't dismount on a Jackal you just teleport near the ground.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/3/2022 at 4:18 AM, disco.9302 said:

mounts were a POF expac feature. I think you are confused by the wording and I don't blame you. 

What the devs should have said is that anyone without expacs can have the mount trial only and anyone with POF or EOD will be able to have permanent unlocks. 

In essence, no expac = no permanent mounts. 

This is a great post and gives much clarity. Thank you.

On my alt account I got the Heroic Edition a few months ago and got PoF/HoT  for it on sale a few days later.  I haven't used the level 80 boost on any of the characters, so I'd been using the Warclaw as my mount after I unlocked it.  I did get the raptor unlock after they enabled it and I appreciate having it.

18 hours ago, fatihso.7258 said:

Heroic Edition accounts are mostly alts and without any expansions therefore they won't be treated as having bought the game and no free permanent raptors for them.

I'm not sure this is true.  There are some accounts that bought the Core game and received the Heroic Edition (it happened when the SKU was changed).  Thus, having just the Heroic Edition does not mean one never paid for the account.