[Feedback] 20 Favors of the Festival and nothing to do with them

Ashantara.8731

That would be nice. I have bought the exchange vouchers in the past - in case I should need them. Hoarding them and now the dungeon currency change made me reconsider. Going to use the tokens for the weapons (already will cost a lot) at the vendor - the one where you need to have the others from the daily chest (for doing 5 dailies) unlocked (which I all have now).

The favors: Still a lot left at the vendor in the pavillion - I think those use favors.

But in the end ... one might end up with one currency having a lot left over earlier - depending on playstyle and what you prefer to buy. The chest for 5 dailies also could include festival tokens instead. Or a conversion tab to convert favors into tokens - at the vendor.

(Keep in mind: Tokens basically are unlimited. There are - for people with the money/mats - the vendors for the zephyrite boxes and the repeatable achievement for opening them gives tokens and afaik they also contain tokens as well.)

I do not see any harm in making stuff also obtainable with the harder/more limited to obtain currency. (I actually would have preferred if there was only 1 currency. And a home instance node for the festival tokens is still missing. 😄)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1

Being able to exchange them for festival tokens would be nice. I have almost 60 and barely anything worth getting but always short on festival tokens.

Doing SAB for ~1 hour a day I get enough bauble bubbles to get the whole weekly vendor inventory a couple days in and have many left. This festival? Even doing it daily I barely reach anything. It takes 12,500 festival tokens for everything. 80 for blitz gold so 240 if you were to just do the daily 3 for the achievement. Around 150 from treasure hunt + effigy. And 120 for all 3 races. 3570 a week if you were to do everything without farming. 8930 tokens left or ~111 blitz at week / ~16 blitz a day (totalling 19). This festival is extremely grindy so if they were to add something I'd prefer festival tokens rather than buying trash off that scammer quaggan.

Btw, if you were to just get the voucher and the legendary shards you still need 11 blitzs a day.

No idea if they design these things so people spend hours farming not even to make gold and also this, nothing worth it once you are done with the festival exclusive items making the grind even more worthless.

• Like 1

The upside is that you do not have to pay a lot of money - or do the same stuff over and over ... like with the 3 festivals that have currency that can be sold at the trading post (Wintersday, Halloween and Dragon Bash). Yes it is still a lot of work (especially for people that already have a lot of money and might just buy the festival currency if that was possible) - but at least you can do different stuff.

For new players it might be annoying with the races/time trials though. Experienced player with all the mounts might be able to to a lot - not just 3. (Personally I try everything except the griffon master one). Means 6 races. Blitz got nerfed and now re-starts pretty fast + easily gets gold almost all the time (with a few exceptions maybe). Gauntlet also got easier. (Daily doing it can also give some tokens.) Depends on the player and how much access they have to other stuff. (Only core/free players will have it harder without the elite specs.)

I think I made usually about 1000 tokens at least. Now about 1400-1600 ... per day. Enough to buy the voucher (which I will ignore now ... already hoarding too many) - going to try to max out all the other stuff. (Should even be possible with 1 festival - if not buying from the weekly vendor - to get my remaining skins that I still need.)

Still annoying. I think they wanted some festivals to be different - on purpose. Regarding the currency. SAB also is easiest for me. Might be annoying for people that find jumping to be harder.

Those boxes have at least 1 token - and cost about 10 silver (list at the bottom with tp prices for the materials). For opening 20 you get another 20 from "Master of Markets" achievement. Repeatable. So at least 2 per box. 1 per 5 silver.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Four_Winds_Customs

Pretty expensive ... (if you only wanted to "buy" 5000 without really playing other content - the exchange voucher would cost a lot)

For the new weekly achievement wondering ... they should have switched this to tokens - at least every 2nd week. (Or offering at least a choice there.) Just another favor though ...

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Well, other festivals allow you to buy something useful with any leftover currency, like food in the SAB.

Not entirely. Halloween's got no real use for Skulls, Nougat Centers, or Plastic Fangs. Sure you can craft Lunatic Armor with them, and there's a one-item-per-week for ecto for each. But that makes up barely 10% of the materials you get, so they remain at vendor value on the TP.

Similarly, Wintersday's Candy Canes has no vendor, only use is to use for karma boost, which is not really a needed thing (especially with how little time they give, making them effectively useless for long-term farming).

At least Favor of the Festival has Drooburt as an option. Better something than nothing.

Dunno how people have 20-60 of these things and "nothing to use them on". I've gotten one almost every day since the festival's return and still have half of the Divine Sovereign weapons to unlock.

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086

2 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Not sure if that's the best use of festival token, thought

This thread is not about Festival Tokens but about finding a use for the Favor of the Festival, which is a different currency, though some festival items require both.

Wasting Tokens for an exotic piece of gear to salvage is just as bad as wasting Favors on Drooburt's trash loot. 😉

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

At least you still have something to buy with them then! 😄 I don't, literally, besides Drooburt's trash loot.

Yeh I've just been letting them sit in the bank for the past couple of years.  Hope for something fun instead of the skins but I guess I'll use them for that lol.  

Some guild hall decorations, currency exchange, something...would be welcome.

I don't think I'd ever use any of those weapons tbh, but if it was for the sake of collecting the thing is you also gotta spend quite the amount of gold. 122 per set totalling 244g  so it's not just "I don't know what to do with the tokens" but "I don't know what rewards to get for playing the event without also draining my wallet in an obvious gold sink". I wonder who besides skin collectors and someone that really likes the set actually gets them. For new players it's a no go, they have better things to spend their little gold onto and a lot cheaper weapons to gear up. Being tradable would be nice. The tasks aren't hard. But compared to the other festivals that you can farm for gold in any way (even sab, selling the weekly draconic lodestones comes to mind), this festival punishes you for playing it, you lose gold.

So I'd say either a tab for trading for more regular tokens, a bundle of zephyrite chests since it's 1 favor per day? or something that's not literally trash. Or you know, the weekly and the other vendors accepting a proportional amount of favors instead of tokens.

I'm just doing it for the AP and a few of the minis and the novelties that I don't have yet and ironic how those use just tokens and neither favors nor gold, so they keep piling up with no use. Once I get them all I'm done with the festival, just blitz is ok enough. Such a huge difference between festivals, so many of my friends and guildies that are completely ignoring it when they'd farm the others.

• Like 2

As I sit here with 27 unspendable Tokens of the Festival, I would like to see a small set of rewards  created for all of the Festivals which become available when all the items that can be bought with a specific reward currency has been purchased and theres nothing left to buy. It could be unrelated to any specific Festival, but available in each. While I personally would prefer something that still requires significant game play, there could be a set of rewards, each of significantly increasing value that become available after there is nothing else to buy with a specific Festival currency.  There could even be a few rewards that require a combination of festival currencys. Make it tough and make it worth going for.

For example, while it already has a purpose, I think something like a gift of battle would be a potential candidate for a combined Festival Currency reward.  

15 hours ago, Fenom.9457 said:

I have over 50 favors. I’ve just been hoarding them but I suspect I can’t possibly spend so many 

Yeah, I spent about 50 on Drooburt just yesterday. Nothing else to do with them, so...

It would be really cool if we could buy the Weekly stuff with them.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Yeah, I spent about 50 on Drooburt just yesterday. Nothing else to do with them, so...

It would be really cool if we could buy the Weekly stuff with them.

I assume you already got the sun blessed weapons? That’s what I’m gonna use mine for I just don’t want to lose the liquid gold so I’m having a hard time making myself do it