AFK farming...join the party?

My conclusion after months of checking on farmspots is:

1) Theres actually gms ingame that check for afk farmers but i have seen that 2 times in a month

2) AFK engi that spam turrets get  a ban

3) AFK minion necro/aoe revs get a kick

4) They wont do anything to ppl you report if they dont see them (the dude that i reported daily for a week cuz he was spamming rifle [1] all around is still ingame)

PS.

I checked with the farming tracker on the best spot i got 2g/h, is a waste if you count the bills 🤨

I guess you have to do like *censoredforprivacy* that have 10+ accounts all over Istan.

Edited by PinkTacoLover.7603
PS.
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

My conclusion after months of checking on farmspots is:

1) Theres actually gms ingame that check for afk farmers but i have seen that 2 times in a month

2) AFK engi that spam turrets get  a ban

3) AFK minion necro/aoe revs get a kick

4) They wont do anything to ppl you report if they dont see them (the dude that i reported daily for a week cuz he was spamming rifle [1] all around is still ingame)

You know how easy it is to  spam 1 right? have something press down the 1 key and have Autotargeting checked under your options menu.

And that guy might even play with their toes + react to every whisper they get from gms checking on them for all you know mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

57 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

You know how easy it is to  spam 1 right? have something press down the 1 key and have Autotargeting checked under your options menu.

1 spam + next target nostop for days even when he got pulled by ibogas he still was there trying to hit mobs out of range

also on map change was still there with 1 spam and target switch until died, when ressed still spammed 1 and switch then died again and so on

22 minutes ago, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

1 spam + next target nostop for days even when he got pulled by ibogas he still was there trying to hit mobs out of range

also on map change was still there with 1 spam and target switch until died, when ressed still spammed 1 and switch then died again and so on

Well they dont have to spam target switch tho.

Autotargeting — If you use a skill with no target selected, the game will automatically select a valid target within the skill's range and in the direction the camera is facing.

So if the autotraget can make you turning alittle to the sides it can seem that they turn in circles.

I don't think they care. There are a few spots where it's obvious. A stack of about 6 asura engi with no gear, a group of 5 necro with almost the same name & both have been there over a year even after reports. 5 or so running against a wall on/off for weeks. 

I've decided I'm not spending money on this game till fixed. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The amount each of them gets daily is so minor that it doesn't bother me at all. Sure, they can use multiple accounts but how many actually do use more than one? I actually like afk-farmers at a few farming nodes where there are mobs preventing you from doing some quick farming. They clear the areas or aggro the mobs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

i suppose autotargeting wont cange target until is dead, he was changing target after few hits

target > 11111 > next target ingore hp > 1111 > next target ingore hp > 1111 > next target ingore that is out of range > 1111 > repeat

If they do that wont they get mobed and die without killing anything?

Edit

+ with the price of electricity nowdays they are probabely loseing money trying to afk farm.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2

I finally came back to gw2 after quitting after the release of HoT. The difficulty curve going from core to the expansion completely wrecked my desire to play. I'm a disabled gamer with lagging reaction times and without LI builds I simply wouldn't be able to play the game. So many players complaining that anet made a build that I can actually play and not be a detriment in group content just completely blows my mind. Screaming for nerfs rather than just asking for more stuff to be brought up to it. Just makes me think that me and players like me aren't welcome in this 'hardcore' game. If that's the case fine I'll move on but the response to mech buffs really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The gatekeeping. wow. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1