Decade Armor

26 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Hopefully anet can offer some clarification in the intervening time so there isn't too much runaway speculation. Some questions that come to mind for me are:

- Is it a set of skins only or usable armor? If so, what type? Exotic, Ascended, Legendary? Proofs of Legend would suggest Legendary, but that'd be a pretty big deal to not mention upfront and I wouldn't want people to get their hopes up

- If it is usable armor, will you be able to get enough Proofs of Legend to get a set for every weight or just one?

- Does the appearance vary by armor weight or is it all the same look?

It will be released in a week, you'll be able to spoil for yourself anything you want then.

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

Which would be a reason to not mention it upfront.

Depends on how you view marketing I guess. Supposing that it was legendary, if they want it to be shock and awe surprise, your view on it makes sense, but there's also value in letting people generate hype about it early by passing along the word. And dropping info on something called Proofs of Legend without clarifying whether it's legendary is kind of a weird in-between place, IMO. If it turns out it is legendary, then it becomes like "well duh, Proofs of Legend, legendary." If it isn't, then it's like "well that seems a bit misleading then."

I just don't want letdown after a week's worth of speculation, ya know. Letting people's imaginations run wild isn't great for setting expectations.

But that is just my view on it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Depends on how you view marketing I guess. Supposing that it was legendary, if they want it to be shock and awe surprise, your view on it makes sense, but there's also value in letting people generate hype about it early by passing along the word. And dropping info on something called Proofs of Legend without clarifying whether it's legendary is kind of a weird in-between place, IMO. If it turns out it is legendary, then it becomes like "well duh, Proofs of Legend, legendary." If it isn't, then it's like "well that seems a bit misleading then."

I just don't want letdown after a week's worth of speculation, ya know. Letting people's imaginations run wild isn't great for setting expectations.

Managing expectations is not a bad idea based on past outcry incidents.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

If you don't want to speculate then don't and just play how you've played until now, any information you'll get about it will change nothing in the upcomming week for you or anyone else.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

4 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

I you have played so many hours you already should have three legendary armor sets. What do you want with another one?

Getting legendary sets from any game mode is huge time investment you have to do. Good for you if have 3 legendary armor sets. That doesn't mean tho all have or can have.  I have 1 legendary armor set and I have 20k+ hours in game. I had really huge problems to get for example into raiding to get my first legendary armor set. The spent hours in the game has nothing to do with that what equipment or other stuff you should have.  To get back to topic, the armor looks amazing. Especially if it have glowing animation or something. 🙂 I'm personally not very big fan of capes unless its glowing or animated in other way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, samsar.9152 said:

Getting legendary sets from any game mode is huge time investment you have to do. Good for you if have 3 legendary armor sets. That doesn't mean tho all have or can have.  I have 1 legendary armor set and I have 20k+ hours in game. I had really huge problems to get for example into raiding to get my first legendary armor set. The spent hours in the game has nothing to do with that what equipment or other stuff you should have.  To get back to topic, the armor looks amazing. Especially if it have glowing animation or something. 🙂 I'm personally not very big fan of capes unless its glowing or animated in other way. 

Well with 21k hours invested it should have happened from either mode by now.

• Like 5
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

And dropping info on something called Proofs of Legend without clarifying whether it's legendary is kind of a weird in-between place, IMO. If it turns out it is legendary, then it becomes like "well duh, Proofs of Legend, legendary." If it isn't, then it's like "well that seems a bit misleading then."

You shouldn't read into the name. It's just re-using the same decade reward system from GW1.

See: Proof of Legend

Also, the armor isn't my thing anyway.

Edited by squeegee.4320
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Busty Bombsalot.4570 said:

We really should get a free set of Legendary armor for all of our toons that are 10 yo. Not something you have to go out and work for. We already did ten years of work. Give something back to the players that have made this game great.

What about people who made a character at launch, didn't play at all, and then came back just now for the anniversary?
I think I deserve legendary armor, but you know, not everyone with a 10 year birthday does. lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

16 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The same way everyone that just created an account in beta phase and then never logged in again should get anything they want in the game the first time they log in after 10 years, sure. They "shouldn't do stuff for rewards", they already made an account! 🙃

In general, I agree with you (I actually really like the idea of making the big celebration thing an excuse to revisit the whole game.) However, my pedantic side feels the need to point out that all beta toons got deleted... It might just be because I kind of miss my beta mesmer who died in the great Hunger Royal of 2012.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Hopefully anet can offer some clarification in the intervening time so there isn't too much runaway speculation. Some questions that come to mind for me are:

- Is it a set of skins only or usable armor? If so, what type? Exotic, Ascended, Legendary? Proofs of Legend would suggest Legendary, but that'd be a pretty big deal to not mention upfront and I wouldn't want people to get their hopes up

- If it is usable armor, will you be able to get enough Proofs of Legend to get a set for every weight or just one?

- Does the appearance vary by armor weight or is it all the same look?

By the image they showed, it looks like it follows the pattern of some other achievement armor and has the same skin for all weights.

Maybe it’s just due to what I’ve been doing in game (pursuing Vision and Aurora), but the achievement armor I’ve been accumulating is all stat selectable exotic.

So based on the pattern I see (again maybe skewed due to what I’ve been doing), exotic armor pieces that unlock the same skin for all three weights would make sense.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, jamesg.7128 said:

Likely to be ascended at best. Also, I just finished both Aurora and Vision collections. I thought I wouldn't have to go back through all that again 😖

As someone currently working on Aurora, I did wonder if I should pause for a week in case I could double dip.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bruakumfd.4817 said:

I appreciate ArenaNet dropping new armor. Unfortunately, on the cape looks nice, and even then I wouldn't break my back over it.

Hopefully the cape's not that heavy.

🤣

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Haha 6

On 8/17/2022 at 1:15 PM, Laughing Bat.1570 said:

In general, I agree with you (I actually really like the idea of making the big celebration thing an excuse to revisit the whole game.) However, my pedantic side feels the need to point out that all beta toons got deleted... It might just be because I kind of miss my beta mesmer who died in the great Hunger Royal of 2012.

Oh, good point. I'm probably thinking about some free weekend type of thing shortly after release then. The point remains the same, with maybe few short months difference between "beta test" and "free weekend" periods 😄

Still wondering what's so confusing about the facts in this post 🙃

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

By the image they showed, it looks like it follows the pattern of some other achievement armor and has the same skin for all weights.

Maybe it’s just due to what I’ve been doing in game (pursuing Vision and Aurora), but the achievement armor I’ve been accumulating is all stat selectable exotic.

So based on the pattern I see (again maybe skewed due to what I’ve been doing), exotic armor pieces that unlock the same skin for all three weights would make sense.

You're probably right.

Kinda hope you're wrong though because the heavy look doesn't fit the kind of aesthetic I like to do at all, so if it's stat selectable exotic and it's just that heavy-looking armor skin for all weights, I will have basically no reason to do it.

Edited by Labjax.2465
  • Like 7
  • Confused 2