Decade Armor

A new set of achievements to draw us back into old content seems like a great way to celebrate ten years and populate maps for new Steam players.

The Decade armor isn’t my cup of tea. I tend to shy away from the bulky, baroque designs. That cape looks amazing, though!

Thanks, ANet for making it an armor set, rather than an outfit.

I hope the fact that it looks like the achievements will earn a currency means we’ll have the flexibility to choose which achievements we want to do to buy which armor pieces we’re interested in.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I hope I can also work toward earning parts of this armor, even though I don't have EoD. (Honestly, I don't care for the armor - just that awesome cape. 😍)

That said, I'm glad it's a set of achievements available to everyone, not just people who have accounts that are ten years old.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Busty Bombsalot.4570 said:

We really should get a free set of Legendary armor for all of our toons that are 10 yo. Not something you have to go out and work for. We already did ten years of work. Give something back to the players that have made this game great.

This armor isn't just for vets. Its available for all players. That said, its weird AF that nothing has been said exactly as to what us 10 years will be getting exactly.

Edited by pallas.8150
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Busty Bombsalot.4570 said:

We really should get a free set of Legendary armor for all of our toons that are 10 yo. Not something you have to go out and work for. We already did ten years of work. Give something back to the players that have made this game great.

I already have three legendary armor sets, so I rather want some new skins. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, Busty Bombsalot.4570 said:

We really should get a free set of Legendary armor for all of our toons that are 10 yo. Not something you have to go out and work for.

The same way everyone that just created an account in beta phase and then never logged in again should get anything they want in the game the first time they log in after 10 years, sure. They "shouldn't do stuff for rewards", they already made an account! 🙃

We already did ten years of work.

If you really did it that seems like enough time to slowly work towards anything you wanted to get instead of asking for freebies while pretending you "did ten years of work"?

The armor/cape skins look interesting, wondering what the achievements will be like, hopefully they have some actual structure. 😄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 6

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The same way everyone that just created an account in beta phase and then never logged in again should get anything they want in the game the first time they log in after 10 years, sure. They "shouldn't do stuff for rewards", they already made an account! 🙃

Yeah like someone has a beta account for 10 years and hasn't logged back in. Ok so change it to hours played. I have 21,655 hours played over the past 3,643 days. 71 caricatures all in leggy or ascended I think I and other players like me should get a decent reward for our commitment to this game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 10

2 minutes ago, Busty Bombsalot.4570 said:

Yeah like someone has a beta account for 10 years and hasn't logged back in. Ok so change it to hours played. I have 21,655 hours played over the past 3,643 days. 71 caricatures all in leggy or ascended I think I and other players like me should get a decent reward for our commitment to this game.

I you have played so many hours you already should have three legendary armor sets. What do you want with another one?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, yoni.7015 said:

I you have played so many hours you already should have three legendary armor sets. What do you want with another one?

Dude, it is about giving us more than some kitten dye pack for the TENTH year of play. Make it a Legendary anything. having peeps that play this game for so long  we deserve a better reward.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1

Just now, Busty Bombsalot.4570 said:

Dude, it is about giving us more than some kitten dye pack for the TENTH year of play. Make it a Legendary anything. having peeps that play this game for so long  we deserve a better reward.

Respectfully, you have a thread on this topic. Probably better to post there than derail this topic, which is about the Decade armor.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

59 minutes ago, Busty Bombsalot.4570 said:

Yeah like someone has a beta account for 10 years and hasn't logged back in.

That's not really that hard to do or believe.

Ok so change it to hours played.

So now people should get rewarded for logging in and afking? Why not for playing the content? I don't understand what you're trying to reinvent here.

I have 21,655 hours played over the past 3,643 days. 71 caricatures all in leggy or ascended I think I and other players like me should get a decent reward for our commitment to this game.

By caricatures you mean characters, right? 😛

If you have all in leggies or ascended already then why do you need more leggies? Play the game and get the rewards you want through completing content.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That's not really that hard to do or believe.

So now people should get rewarded for logging in and afking? Why not for playing the content? I don't understand what you're trying to reinvent here.

By caricatures you mean characters, right? 😛

If you have all in leggies or ascended already then why do you need more leggies? Play the game and get the rewards you want through completing content.

Stop. Feeding. The. Troll.

To get back on-topic, I think the Decade armor looks amazing. Don’t really care in what form it will come, might as well just be skins without stats and I’d still be going for them regardless. Looking forward to unlocking them.

Not sure how I feel about their ‘exclusivity’ seeing as everyone can unlock them, nonetheless GW2 Fashion Wars is so diverse I guess you wont see them around ‘too’ often. I’m guessing the achievements for it are going to be either extremely easy or excessively  grindy. Very curious!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Credit where credit is due, the Decade Armor seems like a really good addition to the game and scratches two long-term itches that players have had:
- Meaningful in-game rewards for in-game tasks
- Armor pieces instead of outfits

The journey to getting it might end up being goofy (I do see WvW and PvP listed in there), but I've kinda come to expect that over the years. If there's anything particularly painful about acquisition, my hope is that they'll listen to feedback and implement fixes (like being able to repeat preferred activities to slowly accrue the needed tokens or whathaveyou).

The preview image does show signs that this set will have the usual weird scaling on Sylvari and other races, but you know what? It's armor. This is what I want. I hope it succeeds and a lot of people engage with it so that ArenaNet can see metric proof that armor is not only requested, but something worth working on in the future. Who knows, maybe they'll do something really crazy like... add swimwear. 😈

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Hopefully anet can offer some clarification in the intervening time so there isn't too much runaway speculation. Some questions that come to mind for me are:

- Is it a set of skins only or usable armor? If so, what type? Exotic, Ascended, Legendary? Proofs of Legend would suggest Legendary, but that'd be a pretty big deal to not mention upfront and I wouldn't want people to get their hopes up

- If it is usable armor, will you be able to get enough Proofs of Legend to get a set for every weight or just one?

- Does the appearance vary by armor weight or is it all the same look?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

that'd be a pretty big deal to not mention upfront

Which would be a reason to not mention it upfront.

14 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Is it a set of skins only or usable armor?

Since they actually called it armor I would suspect the latter.

• Like 2