Hard Carry vs Meta Build (sPvP)

Mell.4873

I have stumbled across an interesting problem and before I start I tend to play a sort of Hard Carry which means a more of a Cheese Build that can steam roll low skilled players.

Once you reach the top 250 player (1450+ US servers), you end up playing  more with players in Low-Medium Gold rather than Platinum players. When playing these low skilled players, Meta builds will mostly result in you losing since your team cant support your play style (DPS, Support, Duelist, Roamer). Instead I find that a more Cheese/Team fight build works wonders(I also play early morning).

I use a Trapper/CC Untamed and can lock down players for extended periods of time to basically removing there ability to do anything. This works amazing against most match ups.

Edit: Either way what I'm doing is working since I rank in the to 250 players in US

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7

lol no, hard carry means  running glass that killing off gold player fast or 1v2ing in side node for extended period of time.

your build is not hard carry, but just a better bad teammate, because if you are not going to know how to press button properly may as well just play cheese build, so you die less and will take less carrying.

Edited by felix.2386

21 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

lol no, hard carry means  running glass that killing off gold player fast or 1v2ing in side node for extended period of time.

your build is not hard carry, but just a better bad teammate, because if you are not going to know how to press button properly may as well just play cheese build, so you die less and will take less carrying.

It is a grass cannon but I rely purely on stuns + conditions to kill people. I guess I run Carrion but its more so I can survive a burst or other Cheese builds like Sic Em Ranger.

I'm a Hard Carry in terms of team fights rather than dueling which works since if we don't win team fights we cant win the game.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

It is a grass cannon but I rely purely on stuns + conditions to kill people. I guess I run Carrion but its more so I can survive a burst or other Cheese builds like Sic Em Ranger.

I'm a Hard Carry in terms of team fights rather than dueling which works since if we don't win team fights we cant win the game.

ok here big boy no need to show off your mid gold skill in the forum

• Haha 4

• Mell.4873 changed the title to Hard Carry vs Meta Build (sPvP)
8 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I have stumbled across an interesting problem and before I start I tend to play a sort of Hard Carry which means a more of a Cheese Build that can steam roll low skilled players.

Once you reach the top 250 player (1450+ US servers), you end up playing  more with players in Low-Medium Gold rather than Platinum players. When playing these low skilled players, Meta builds will mostly result in you losing since your team cant support your play style (DPS, Support, Duelist, Roamer). Instead I find that a more Cheese/Team fight build works wonders(I also play early morning).

I use a Trapper/CC Untamed and can lock down players for extended periods of time to basically removing there ability to do anything. This works amazing against most match ups.

Edit: Either way what I'm doing is working since I rank in the to 250 players in US

Do you mind providing some footage?

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Do you mind providing some footage?

Well I have no reason to lie, I'm currently at 1410 but I was in platinum earlier today. I'm trying to get Legendary Medium Armor so I'm playing a lot.

To bad I don't have screenshots of that but these are two different instances of me being in gold 3. Skill rating 1450 is top 250 so I hover around top 500 most of the time.

https://imgur.com/uRL3zjJ

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Well I have no reason to lie, I'm currently at 1410 but I was in platinum earlier today. I'm trying to get Legendary Medium Armor so I'm playing a lot.

To bad I don't have screenshots of that but these are two different instances of me being in gold 3. Skill rating 1450 is top 250 so I hover around top 500 most of the time.

https://imgur.com/uRL3zjJ

uhm? what? i believe you !

Gold 3 is not good at all and nothing to brag about... just saying... why would you lie and then pretend that your only G3 😉

i want to see the build in action! I want to see what and how you play, thats why i asked for footage.

I solely play some offmeta stuff and I am collecting unique builds and i want to see what you put together.

Maybe its good... who knows. Only footage can tell! 😄

Edited by Sahne.6950

15 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

uhm? what? i believe you !

Gold 3 is not good at all and nothing to brag about... just saying... why would you lie and then pretend that your only G3 😉

i want to see the build in action! I want to see what and how you play, thats why i asked for footage.

I solely play some offmeta stuff and I am collecting unique builds and i want to see what you put together.

Maybe its good... who knows. Only footage can tell! 😄

Arg that is to much work for me dude I just post on the forums. I don't even have any Video editing software on this computer to even upload to YouTube.

Also gold 3 (1450) is top 250 players so how much better can I get. Do I need to be be in the top 25, which is plat 1600. I could go on, top 120 is platinum and I broke into that earlier today.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Arg that is to much work for me dude I just post on the forums. I don't even have any Video editing software on this computer to even upload to YouTube.

Also gold 3 (1450) is top 250 players so how much better can I get. Do I need to be be in the top 25, which is plat 1600. I could go on, top 120 is platinum and I broke into that earlier today.

If you are to lazy to showcase the build, i am not sure what the goal of this Thread is....  Did you just want to tell us that you play untamed... whats the goal? i thought you want to showcase the build or something.

I mean.. gold 3 is respectable, dont get me wrong, but i didnt think you were lying or something.. why would anyone lie about being in g3.

The thing is.... up until plat just about anything works... especially if you play in the early morninghours, you will have a few people just there for the rewards or daily. You can reach g3 with just about anything, so saying: I AM IN top250! so this must work... is... vague to say the least.

If you would share footage or atleast the build on gw2skills.net we could have a talk here...

but all you did was say that you play Untamed with traps....... I am kind of confused about this thread.

what is it about? do you want to tell that offmeta stuff is better in lowerelos than meta stuff? because people dont know what your playing and will be confused? what is this thread about?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

This looks like hot garbage, ngl.

you use so many skills that solely deal power damage, yet you use Carrion amulet...

gimme 1 sec i show you something diffrent to try^^

The point is I can survive a burst or being chased since have like zero mobility. Generally I can lure people away only for something else to kill them or for me to get lucky in a duel. My general strategy is to burn most of cooldowns and CC enough to get them back.

11 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

The point is I can survive a burst or being chased since have like zero mobility. Generally I can lure people away only for something else to kill them or for me to get lucky in a duel. My general strategy is to burn most of cooldowns and CC enough to get them back.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAUdjlVweYUML2JW+O2v/R0F-z5YXIFUAZGB9mC+MAA

try this.

The 6 second f2 from hawk paired with "poisonmaster" makes for some insane pressure, while your simply kiting.

lure them into a doubletrap and then use shortbow2 into your f3 when in beastmode for a insane condibomb.

when swapping weapons your next skill has reduced cd, always go for a bow 2 or Axe 3.

the 6th effect from Krait is nice, cuz it makes cleansing your immob borderline impossible.

You can also run it with rune of trapper. Or you can run it with rune of Orr.

Carrionamulett works aswell, but i like the extra sustain from Sage.

You can swap dolyakstance for lightningreflexes.

i have reached Plat 2 with this build a few seasons before EoD hit and have not touched it since, but it should still work.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Soulbeast_-_Poisonbeast

this is another take at abusing the Hawk+poisonmaster interaction.

Edited by Sahne.6950

2 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAUdjlVweYUML2JW+O2v/R0F-z5YXIFUAZGB9mC+MAA

try this.

The 6 second f2 from hawk paired with "poisonmaster" makes for some insane pressure, while your kiting.

You can also run it with rune of trapper.

You can swap dolyakstance for protect me, to have more stunbreaks, but i dont think a untraited protect me is all that good, thats why i run dolyak.

Hmmm not bad, if I ever want to play Soulbeast again I could try this. I would probably do offhand torch and not dagger like a did before. I think the only problem I had with Soulbeast was surviving Ranged attacks since I don't have Enveloping Haze.

Also I would use Wilderness knowledge and the same utilities as what I'm currently running otherwise conditions would murder me. Not to many builds rely on condition damage any more but either way it will keep weakness and vulnerability off me.

4 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

otherwise conditions would murder me.

Just sitting in your Healing trap will keep you clean during enemy condiburst.^_^

but your right this builds biggest weakness is condis.

you use dagger and also Shortbow for the Evadeframes. You when swapping weapons you can shorten the CD of the first skill. If you do it on Shortbow 3 and also on Dagger 4, you will have some pretty good Evadeframes ready on short CD´s.

If you run Griffonstance extra, you are pretty hard to catch 😄

Edited by Sahne.6950

Just now, Sahne.6950 said:

Just sitting in your Healing trap will keep you clean during enemy condiburst.😛

True, I do use this in PvE so I know how effective it is.

I guess I would keep that and the fire trap, Offhand torch with 25% longer burning duration would par nicely. Lock people down and trap them in fire.

Just now, Mell.4873 said:

True, I do use this in PvE so I know how effective it is.

I guess I would keep that and the fire trap, Offhand torch with 25% longer burning duration would par nicely. Lock people down and trap them in fire.

never been a fan of Torch in PvP, but whatever feels best to you, will be best in your hands!

• Like 1

@Mell.4873

Untamed is for power damage my bro. It fails with condi. This is by far the best possible optimization you can run on Untamed -> Untamed - LB/GS Untamed Marksman - MetaBattle Guild Wars 2 Builds

If you want a Condi Ranger variant, your options for better optimization are within Core Ranger & Druid. Even Soulbeast is bad at condi compared to Core Ranger & Druid.

I said it to you before in the wvw forum and I'm going to say it again, watch the first half of this video if you're looking for condi -> GW2 - Druid - My PvP WvW Methods - Twitch If you don't like the Druid version in spvp, you can use that same exact build, just take out Druid and put in Beast Mastery to run Core Ranger. But regardless of what you do in spvp to have a successful condi variant right now in this meta, you will require the use of Rabid Amulet, Skirm/Wild, the utilities shown in that video, and Smokescale/Ibolga. You can fill in the blanks around those requirements, but what I mentioned here is a standard necessity or you're build is going to suck.

18 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Mell.4873

Untamed is for power damage my bro. It fails with condi. This is by far the best possible optimization you can run on Untamed -> Untamed - LB/GS Untamed Marksman - MetaBattle Guild Wars 2 Builds

If you want a Condi Ranger variant, your options for better optimization are within Core Ranger & Druid. Even Soulbeast is bad at condi compared to Core Ranger & Druid.

I said it to you before in the wvw forum and I'm going to say it again, watch the first half of this video if you're looking for condi -> GW2 - Druid - My PvP WvW Methods - Twitch If you don't like the Druid version in spvp, you can use that same exact build, just take out Druid and put in Beast Mastery to run Core Ranger. But regardless of what you do in spvp to have a successful condi variant right now in this meta, you will require the use of Rabid Amulet, Skirm/Wild, the utilities shown in that video, and Smokescale/Ibolga. You can fill in the blanks around those requirements, but what I mentioned here is a standard necessity or you're build is going to suck.

I think the reason it works so well is due the stat combination of Carrion. It's very basic and if I use Bleed duration runes/sigils I can really pump out the condition damage. 

It is a strange build and I have a really hard time dueling but the chain CC can really shut down certain builds like Bladesworn. I have almost zero escapes so 1v2 it not really an option. 

My main strength is steam rolling team fights which I guess is the point of this build. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2